Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v27) Next: @ Tex| Tue, Aug 25| 8pm ET/5pm PT | Buehrle vs Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Honestly, the way this team is playing, every night it feelis like Im not sure we're going to lose again this year. It's pretty awesome. GREAT game Jays!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tulo is a well spoken guy. Big addition to this team. Adding him and Donaldson this year is akin to adding Carter and Alomar 2 decades ago.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
2 other great plays by Martin to frame that pitch in the 7th to get a K on Choo with runners 2nd and 3rd one out and the other to get that lead off BB in the 9th.

mikebel111*

I am literally sweating after that game. Great win and fightback by the team. People were actually worried about Tulo on offense? :laugh:
Really our BP kept us in this
Felt like a playoff game

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
My all time Jays team.

Borders
Olerud
Alomar
Tulo
Donaldson
Carter
White
Bautista

DH Molitar

Ace:

Jack Morris

Stopper

Tom Henke

Set up man

Duane Ward

Dingers

Dec 18, 2011
John Gibbons meandering about the dugout chugging powerade during the most crucial point lol

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Hah.

Gibbons uses the same ring tone I use on my cell phone!

He shut it off while being interviewed by the media.

Imagine it was AA calling to say: "Hey, I was just able to land Sonny Gray..." :D

mikebel111*

Hah.

Gibbons uses the same ring tone I use on my cell phone!

He shut it off while being interviewed by the media.

Imagine it was AA calling to say: "Hey, I was just able to land Sonny Gray..." :D

Lol exactly

Gibbons be like " sorry guys I gotta take this, give me a couple minutes"

Gibbons doesnt return

News comes out" Bluejays on verge tra

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
White
Alomar
Olerud
Bautista
Carter
Donaldson
Molitor
Tulo
Borders

decent, i guess.

I don't think this team could lose. In the 93 team. This 5 were something else. So many late clutch comebacks. Almost like they flipped a switch.

White
Alomar
Molitor
Carter
Olerud

Tulo
Donaldson
Bautista
Encarnacion

is comparable. Just that the 5th hitter in the 93 team was one heck of a hitter. Olerud flirted with .400 one year I recall before falling back.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Never mind the fact that you took Jack Morris over guys that didn't make it to the postseason with the Jays (Halladay, Clemens). But why would you take him over Juan Guzman?

I don't think Morris gets the credit for being the pitcher he was. He pitched that 10 inning world series winning game for the Twins. He was the ace of that great Tigers team. He would pitch to give his bullpen a break. Until he came here, our team lacked that winning attitude that pushed them over the top.

If I had to rate my top Jays Pitchers he would be there.

Tough call.

But Cone, Key, Stieb, Hentgen, and Morris would be right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad