Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread II (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
He plays his role decent but, drives me crazy watching him play. The guy is afraid to even hit/touch anybody in the slighest. At the game last night it was almost comical the way he skated away from any contact no matter where he was on the ice.

Now if he played like he did in OT against the Rangers last Sunday every game, I could accept him - but he doesn't - so I'll continue to be frustrated .. lol.

The point of a hit to cause the opposing player to lose the puck. If he can achieve the same result with just his stick I don't see the problem with him avoiding contact. Not every hockey player needs to use their body to be effective on defense.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Don't we have player discussion threads for player discussions? Any actual new rumors or are we going to have another 2 or 3 pages of discussing player strengths/weaknesses/tendencies? There is an AA thread right on that first page.

Too bad about Calvert, but didn't figure he was going to be on the move.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The point of a hit to cause the opposing player to lose the puck. If he can achieve the same result with just his stick I don't see the problem with him avoiding contact. Not every hockey player needs to use their body to be effective on defense.

When did I say every hockey player needed to?

Watched Anisimov skate so far away from people last night that he could neither hit nor take the puck away. But assume what you want...

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Don't we have player discussion threads for player discussions? Any actual new rumors or are we going to have another 2 or 3 pages of discussing player strengths/weaknesses/tendencies? There is an AA thread right on that first page.

Too bad about Calvert, but didn't figure he was going to be on the move.

Ironically, getting around the time the past few days where moves have been made... I'm anxiously awaiting something.

MrKelso

Feb 26, 2015
Grove City
Very disappointed about Matt Calvert being injured.

In regards to him and Cam Atkinson, I would rather keep Calvert.

In my opinion, Calvert is WAY more physical and fits our style of play a lot more with the aggressive fore-checking.

I hope if we're moving Wisniewski and Atkinson it'll be for some pieces that fit into our offense next year. Right now we're a complete eye sore and it's exhausting.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 41s41 seconds ago
I could definitely see timonen being moved before tomorrow night or not played and moved before Monday. Doubt he plays. A hunch

something to keep an eye on...Hartnell's bff...a heavy defenseman

Lori Schmidt ‏@LoriSchmidt 41s41 seconds ago
From @Russostrib: Wild has inquired about #CBJ defenseman Jordan Leopold, multiple sources say

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 41s41 seconds ago
I could definitely see timonen being moved before tomorrow night or not played and moved before Monday. Doubt he plays. A hunch

something to keep an eye on...Hartnell's bff...a heavy defenseman

Lori Schmidt ‏@LoriSchmidt 41s41 seconds ago
From @Russostrib: Wild has inquired about #CBJ defenseman Jordan Leopold, multiple sources say

If you guys are all bent after this Horton thing, I don't think you're going to want to go after 39 year old blood clot guy.

As for Leopold, veteran blue line presence, probably worth a 5th/6th round pick? Kind of like the deal we made for Nick Schultz.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
If you guys are all bent after this Horton thing, I don't think you're going to want to go after 39 year old blood clot guy.

As for Leopold, veteran blue line presence, probably worth a 5th/6th round pick? Kind of like the deal we made for Nick Schultz.

Besides I'm pretty sure consensus is Kimmo's going to a contender if he moves.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Just passing on a tweet. Guy says PIT has had scouts at two CBJ Games recently for Foligno. But it makes no sense.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
oh i know...but not a credible twitter account and nearly insane to think we move him unless the return is massive

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
in an NHL where the Horton/Clarkson deal happened, I guess anything is possible.

But clearly this would be a ridiculously horrific thing to do. Especially with a division rival.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Can't imagine trading Foligno - or how messed up in the head I would be if it happened.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Our scouts were at the PIT game watching Crosby because he's an entertaining player and they wanted their moneys worth.

Foligno isn't going anywhere.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
This FO might do some questionable things, but no way do they sell low on Foligno.

Well, fingers crossed anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad