Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread II (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I agree on Calvert and Atkinson, but I've really flip-flopped on Anisimov. The guy is incredibly important to this team. While he may not be a permanent fixture on the team given cap issues and prospect development, he is a great two way center and makes our center depth one of the few strengths of this team.

The problem is how much he is going to make. We already have too many high priced forwards that aren't big offensively. I don't think we can have another. Otherwise, I would love to keep him. He would be the first guy I would look to trade even though I would keep him over others if everything was equal.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The only player I'm holding my breath on this weekend and Monday is Matty Calvert, I think it would be a huge mistake to trade him and I would be really disappointed. Anyone else, Cam, Arty, Wiz, Letestu, Leopold...no problem, though I think we should keep Arty.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The only player I'm holding my breath on this weekend and Monday is Matty Calvert, I think it would be a huge mistake to trade him and I would be really disappointed. Anyone else, Cam, Arty, Wiz, Letestu, Leopold...no problem, though I think we should keep Arty.

He won't be getting traded now that he's out indefinitely with a concussion.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 4m4 minutes ago

#CBJ Matt Calvert out indefinitely because of a concussion, coach Todd Richards said.

silver89

Nov 25, 2013
Sweden
He plays his role decent but, drives me crazy watching him play. The guy is afraid to even hit/touch anybody in the slighest. At the game last night it was almost comical the way he skated away from any contact no matter where he was on the ice.

Now if he played like he did in OT against the Rangers last Sunday every game, I could accept him - but he doesn't - so I'll continue to be frustrated .. lol.

Anisimov never hits. He is just like Gaborik, skill players that avoid checks both ways.
It's not about him being "afraid".

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I feel like we've (I guess "I have) created a monster in Espen with the twitter linking

:laugh: Actually its more DSL you had the / backwards. :laugh:

But I'm done showing off my new found talent. Only when I'm the first. But since I'm not on Twitter that will probably never happen.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Anisimov never hits. He is just like Gaborik, skill players that avoid checks both ways.
It's not about him being "afraid".

Anisimov sometimes played 1 Line LW in NYR, Gaborik was RW. He (Artem) has skills and we have future CBJ generation with similar/better skill set ( Alex, Milano) playing more possession orientaited hockey. Artem can hit, but he had 2 injury this season, now no need to get another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad