Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Bruins fan here...Are you guys willing to move Jack Johnson? What would the asking price be if available? Thanks.

Who cares if the fans are willing or what we want for him. Sorry, your poorly framed question is one of my biggest pet peeves.

If you are asking what the front office thinks. No idea; but they seemed to think it was a ludicrous thought last trade deadline/off season. It would seem, based on rumor, is that Wiz is more likely to be moved - although JJ would be easier. What would they want? I suspect a top six RW and a pick/prospect. After all a top pairing D is worth more than a top six wing.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Who cares if the fans are willing or what we want for him. Sorry, your poor framed question is one of my biggest pet peeves.

If you are asking what the front office thinks. No idea; but they seemed to think it was a ludicrous thought last trade deadline/off season. It would seem, based on rumor, is that Wiz is more likely to be moved - although JJ would be easier. What would they want? I suspect a top six RW and a pick/prospect. After all a top pairing D is worth more than a top six wing.

I like this answer better.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I did, and the first to say so, the fan scar's on my back prove it....

As of today, the CBJ organization is not much better with JD over Howson and Mike Priest, I could get nasty but won't... This I will say, as good as JD is supposed to be he has been a disappointment since coming to Columbus...

This could be John's last stop in the NHL....

Please don't get nasty because when you do I get really embarrassed for you.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Jarmo? who is Jarmo anyway? The dude is foreign to North America and Columbus Ohio... The CBJ organization has not improved since bringing in JD or Jarmo.....

JK,JD - ok guys, sometime alogical :laugh: but show must go on :laugh::laugh:

I appreciate Your opinion, Robert. You are CBJ fan it means You are member of our brotherhood. (What this team means without fans? Nothing, zero... ) Probably "I disapprove of what You say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
I'm tired to live in tolerastic society, no matter USA, Europe or Russia, same (neo/pseudo/christian) dogmas everywhere.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I did, and the first to say so, the fan scar's on my back prove it....

As of today, the CBJ organization is not much better with JD over Howson and Mike Priest, I could get nasty but won't... This I will say, as good as JD is supposed to be he has been a disappointment since coming to Columbus...

This could be John's last stop in the NHL....

Hilarious.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
e93d8183bb.png

2b35cf7753.png

looks to me like Wiz has been a better all around player despite getting much less ice time

Pretty much settles it for me. Thanks for sharing.

MrKelso

Feb 26, 2015
Grove City
Has anyone read, or heard anything, about any specific teams that are interested in trading for Wisniewski and what we could get in return for him? NHL.com said that the Blue Jackets COULD BE potential landing spots for Phil Kessel (very much doubt that) or Jordan Eberle (possibly a little more realistic).

I didn't read anything on Wisniewski's list of teams he wouldn't go to, but I can assume Edmonton may have been one of them?

Either way, how realistic is it that we could move him and get a top-6 forward in return?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If we move him at the trade deadline, it is totally unrealistic to get a top six forward. Any team that takes him at the deadline is trying to win THIS YEAR. Seems highly unlikely such a team would part with a Top 6 forward. Thus a deadline deal will probably involves prospects or a first round pick. I think that is true about deadline deals Anisimov or Letestu also. Picks and prospects, not players is what you usually get at the deadline. (I don't classify Frattin as a "player").

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 3m3 minutes ago

Source says #Blackhawks have significant interest in Cam Atkinson, as well as Antoine Vermette. 1st-rounder likely the asking price, though.

..right now, the Chicago pick would be #21.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Source says #Blackhawks have significant interest in Cam Atkinson, as well as Antoine Vermette. 1st-rounder likely the asking price, though.

With Kane out I can see their interest in Cam although sides are different aren't they?

1st for Cam or Vermette?

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

Conflicted. I really like Cam, but how does he fit into the long-term plans here? Might end up being a decent first round pick.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
With Kane out I can see their interest in Cam although sides are different aren't they?

1st for Cam or Vermette?

I'd bet they would rather have Vermette.. but is Arizona willing to bargain for a first that isn't top 15?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'd bet they would rather have Vermette.. but is Arizona willing to bargain for a first that isn't top 15?

A team that is in the first 15 isn't going to give it up for Vermette. Only exception would be if a playoff bound team has someone else's pick in that range.

Plus unless Arizona is willing to pay UFA $ he's walking at end of season. My guess is they take the best offer, which for their sake I hope is better than Frattin & a couple of picks.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
this post from the mains was interesting....3 CBJ deals in it..i'd do the first two...would think about the third, obviously moot now due to shockingly another injury

http://thehockeywriters.com/trade-deadline-dreaming-up-26-deals/

Letestu for Kindl, I would do in a heart beat. Sure, Kindl hasn't evolved into a top pairing defenseman but he's still extremely solid and could be part of a rebuild at the blue line if it were to happen. Also interesting that Kindl would have the second highest corsi/60 out of all defensemen behind none other than, Wisniewski.

Leopold for a 6th, I could live with. Ideally, I'm hoping for him to be moved to a team desperate enough to pay a 5th... a 6th would do, I guess. I'm picky with my value.

Wiz for Semin & Murphy? No, thanks. We can get better value for Wiz. Sure, Semin is having a down year and a change of scenary would boost his point production but I'm not so sure that it would boost it enough to where he is worth a swap for Wiz. I just dont think he's an answer for a first line right winger on this team. And Murphy is meh. nothing special despite being a first round pick.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Cam and Wiz/JJ for Sharp and 1st (or 2nd and a good prospect)...sign me up

Looks to me like that would be patching up one hole in one spot of the lineup and creating a gigantic gap in another. Especially if its JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad