Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
What I hope will happen, Leopold and Letestu (if he's not going to be brought back) for anything and possibly moving Atkinson if it's possible to get market value.

Unfortunately, I think this will be a buyers market this year. It seems like more teams are already out of the playoff picture than usual.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I was about to ask who we sell.

IMO, Letestu needs to be resigned, and I'd like to see Atkinson packaged

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'd like Letestu re-signed as well. I'd love to have him as our fourth line center next year (behind Joey, Dubi and either Anisimov or Wennberg if the latter shows continued progression).

Unfortunately, if he's not signed before the deadline, then I'd rather get something for him instead of having him walk in the summer. I would think that he would be a pretty valuable piece for a playoff team looking to add some versatility to their lineup. Not sure what he'd yield - a 2015 second round pick?

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I think a 2015 3rd is more likely. He's a rental and he's had a bad year with injuries. Can't really see a 2nd rounder coming back for Letestu but I'd be more than pleased if he did return that.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I was about to ask who we sell.

IMO, Letestu needs to be resigned, and I'd like to see Atkinson packaged

This is 100% speculation on my part but given that Letestu likes Columbus and the recent extensions of Bob/Foligno/Dubinsky, if it was going to happen, I think it already would have happened.

He could make 2.5-3 million on the open market. I like Letestu but he's not worth that much and given our center depth, it would be foolish to splurge on him.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I can already feel management putting up fire sale signs right now

Cam Atkinson!! Now includes free Jordan Leopold

*limit one Leopold per transaction

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
This is 100% speculation on my part but given that Letestu likes Columbus and the recent extensions of Bob/Foligno/Dubinsky, if it was going to happen, I think it already would have happened.

He could make 2.5-3 million on the open market. I like Letestu but he's not worth that much and given our center depth, it would be foolish to splurge on him.
Wouldn't surprise me if he leaves a la DMac because he wants longer term than we feel comfortable giving. Could very easily see Letestu wanting 3-5 years instead of the constant 1 or 2 year deals he's always been getting.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I'd like Letestu re-signed as well. I'd love to have him as our fourth line center next year (behind Joey, Dubi and either Anisimov or Wennberg if the latter shows continued progression).

Unfortunately, if he's not signed before the deadline, then I'd rather get something for him instead of having him walk in the summer. I would think that he would be a pretty valuable piece for a playoff team looking to add some versatility to their lineup. Not sure what he'd yield - a 2015 second round pick?

Yeah I guess you're right. Love to have him back but if we're sellers, we're sellers. Makes sense.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

Seems like good reasoning. Maybe he'll go the Skille route!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As others have said, our deadline bait is probably Goloubef, Leopold, Cam, Calvert, Letestu, Skille, and maybe Tropp. Although nobody would touch the last two in all likelihood.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I might add Anisimov to the list. I don't think he'll be traded but I don't see him here long term so maybe.

P.S. love your avatar and the slogan :handclap:

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Are we sure Boone will be 100% healthy without relapses? No? And we ready to trade 1/2 of our central axis ( aka Artem and Mark)? I don't know, life is sometimes so sophistically abused ( I mean contending dreams). If we ll ready to trade 3C and 4 C - we must be ready to suffer many years again. And if we ll yet trade Captain America (JJ) and Fedor then.. then say " Welcome, true rebuilding!":laugh:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

To your first point I'm guessing Jarmo likes to keep his options open regarding the bottom 6.

To your second point I'm not sure about C depth. If you think Anisimov gets re-upped next year, then yes we're solid for the first three lines.
Still wouldn't have a 4C if we let Letestu go unless its Chaput. I'm not sure Anisimov is around past next year so then Wennberg is the logical replacement. But where is the depth? Jenner and I guess Foligno could play there in a pinch but then who fills a top 6 W spot? I don't have answers but I would think (hope) these are things Jarmo would think about before cutting loose a guy like Letestu. He can play C or W and can play up in the line-up if needed.

I think he should be kept unless he wants $3 mill a year. I'd like to see him re-upped at about 2-2.5 per yr, averaging maybe a 2.25 cap hit for a 3 year deal. I think we can afford it.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
To your first point I'm guessing Jarmo likes to keep his options open regarding the bottom 6.

To your second point I'm not sure about C depth. If you think Anisimov gets re-upped next year, then yes we're solid for the first three lines.
Still wouldn't have a 4C if we let Letestu go unless its Chaput. I'm not sure Anisimov is around past next year so then Wennberg is the logical replacement. But where is the depth? Jenner and I guess Foligno could play there in a pinch but then who fills a top 6 W spot? I don't have answers but I would think (hope) these are things Jarmo would think about before cutting loose a guy like Letestu. He can play C or W and can play up in the line-up if needed.

I think he should be kept unless he wants $3 mill a year. I'd like to see him re-upped at about 2-2.5 per yr, averaging maybe a 2.25 cap hit for a 3 year deal. I think we can afford it.

Johansen, Jenner, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Chaput. And Wennberg, Dano, and Milano waiting in the wings. So plenty of depth.

If Letestu wants too much money, let him walk and use the savings to bring in depth guys who aren't NHL/AHL tweeners. Chaput is probably an decent 4th line center option if he's playing with NHL level players.

He's a popular guy and if this scenario happens, the tr00 fans will be out in full force but we need something better for a 4th line.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Atkinson is my favorite player of who is probably available but, at this point I think he might be off in a different system. Which, I don't know - but his streaks have become way to far in between to do us much good.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Cam would probably be rather successful with the Habs. A dump and chase forechecking system isnt very good for him.

With his size that was basically what I was getting at..

I'm just not very familiar with other team's systems.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
I played a Hab's legends team with the Jackets on one of the NHL 2k years and ended up beating them because I just kept checking them, lots of their legends are mites :laugh: They like their mites in Montreal :laugh:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Johansen, Jenner, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Chaput. And Wennberg, Dano, and Milano waiting in the wings. So plenty of depth.

Is Milano a C? I always thought he was a winger.

I'm basing my question of the depth on Anisimov being gone after next year which I think is at least a 50% shot. If he is re-signed for a three or four year deal then we are set (stuck?) at center for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->