Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
@alphafox

Good Job, alphafox ( and memorable avatar, I miss Prospal and remember this game with Wings, Prospal' treatment was really satanic :() I can't read Your text, must to swallow these bitter words. I am really disappointed by our FO, re - rebuilding? I don't understand three years was given by owner for retooling and what - FO time running out. One unlucky year and we are ready to trade core' units for picks/prospects? I more like Isles way.. We have deep cap space, we can " buy" good RW later, afterseason. Why now these hazard trades? We must keep this roster, we must give another chance, our team can be stellar
Otherwise, Shero and Bylsma are free.

Why don't you wait until after the deadline instead of making assumptions based on rumor?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
If Winnik is worth a 2nd, a 4th, and a mediocre 4th liner, I'm intrigued to see what Letestu gets.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 2m2 minutes ago
Maple Leafs are eating half of Winnik's remaining salary.

Interesting.. makes it a bit more even. Felt the Penguins were giving up a bit much at first.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
It ain't happening. Sry.

Thanks for stating the obvious; although the use of unlikely is much safer in these situations since you are only making an educated guess. Since you seemed to miss it; I was playing off your statement in which you left open to interpretation.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If they were "showcasing" Letestu last night, they made a pretty lame presentation.

He played with Boll and Tropp. I'd think that they would have been best served by putting him on the first line instead of Prince Wennberg.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If they were "showcasing" Letestu last night, they made a pretty lame presentation.

He played with Boll and Tropp. I'd think that they would have been best served by putting him on the first line instead of Prince Wennberg.

I agree. Let's see what Letestu can do up there. It's fun to watch Wennberg and his glimpses, but the top line hasn't done much with him on it, and he really needs to be learning in the AHL not the NHL.

Hartnell - Joey- Letestu
Calvert - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Foligno-Anisimov-Dano
Get a fresh fourth line from Springfield

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I agree. Let's see what Letestu can do up there. It's fun to watch Wennberg and his glimpses, but the top line hasn't done much with him on it, and he really needs to be learning in the AHL not the NHL.

Hartnell - Joey- Letestu
Calvert - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Foligno-Anisimov-Dano
Get a fresh fourth line from Springfield

Lol. Don't you mean trade late round picks for elite fourth line players?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
LAK gave up their 1st and a prospect for Sekera.. wow

Holy hell. I saw that. Wonder who the prospect was. That has a set a high bar to be sure - at least for defensive help. Great return for someone of his stature that you weren't going to re-sign anyway. A lot of movement before the deadline.

If nothing else we should be able to get more for Leopold than what we gave up to get him.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
That is what some of us have been saying. It is a sellers market. No reason not to find out what teams are willing to trade us for our guys.

thebus2288*

I think we have a much bigger need on D than we do at RW. We're atrocious defensively, and the back end needs to be fixed before anything else. And trading Wiz does nothing to fix it, believe it or not Bus :sarcasm:

I agree with this.

We are atrocious defensively. Wiz is atrocious defensively. Offensively our defense is NOT atrocious. I don't understand how trading the worst defensive defenseman on a bad defensive team, "does nothing to fix it"....

I am becoming less and less impressed with the FO & TR. While I am not for firing him, I am becoming more of a doubter about TR. I hope FO is not doing long term damage to roster in order to accommodate TR's likes and dislikes. So the next few days have me rather nervous. I do not understand trading Wiz. Our PP suffers when he is not around.

He's been around and our PP suffers right now...Just recently, a big defense for my Wiz "hate" has been that I must be wrong because NHL/CBJ personnel(FO/coaches) know more than me and they believe Wiz is a valuable member to the team. Now that it comes out that this is not true(and probably hasn't been for a while), a lot of you seem to be "turning" on management. Very interesting how quickly opinions change when in fact reality did not. Perception yes. But it looks like NHL quality talent evaluators haven't been as pleased with Wisniewski's "improved defensive play" this year as most of you seem to be.

Yup. Since the move to the top line(arguably the most critical stretch of the year) we are 1-3. The superb "playmaker" has 1 assist on that Hartnell goal, Johansen is -3 with 1 assist and Hartnell has the goal against Pit and is -3. Think about that for a sec. Over the past 4 games our "top line" has scored 1 goal. A goal that was because of a defenseman that people think would be a good idea to trade away. Another interesting thing to think about is just before our "elite playmaker" joined him, Hartnell was on a 7 game point streak. Looks like the whole "Wennberg needs players good enough to play with" theory is a little off huh?

Off with his head!! :rant:

LAK gave up their 1st and a prospect for Sekera.. wow

can't believe a First is involved...WOW

trade, Wiz, Jack, AND Tyuts for these prices...WOWOWOWOWOW

Sekera is a very good player.

Its not just you 2... But I have an issue with how most people on here speak of these returns. Either hypothetical or trades that really happen.

#1: A "1st" isn't just a 1st round pick. While some are obviously closer in value, not every "playoff team" or "team outside the top 5" have the "same" value attached to their 1st rounder.

#2 and most important: "A prospect" is such a ****ing vague description. There's no 2 "prospects" that have the same "value" in relation to where they were drafted and how they've developed after being drafted. Things/players values vary so much, even some year by year. I just hate when people refer to "a prospect" in all these trade talks as if all prospects are equal.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Its not just you 2... But I have an issue with how most people on here speak of these returns. Either hypothetical or trades that really happen.

#1: A "1st" isn't just a 1st round pick. While some are obviously closer in value, not every "playoff team" or "team outside the top 5" have the "same" value attached to their 1st rounder.

#2 and most important: "A prospect" is such a ****ing vague description. There's no 2 "prospects" that have the same "value" in relation to where they were drafted and how they've developed after being drafted. Things/players values vary so much, even some year by year. I just hate when people refer to "a prospect" in all these trade talks as if all prospects are equal.
I agree, but at the time I posted my comment the only info available was that it was a 1st (year unknown) and a prospect (player unknown). We now know that it's a conditional 2015 1st + Roland McKeown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad