OT: 2015 ticket thread II (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix for sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
I just printed mine and this is what is says-

SUN, JAN 11, 2015 4:00 PM
Doors open at 3:30 PM
TD Garden - Boston, MA
Bruins Game Show Live!

So apparently some are VIP and some aren't?
I guess so. Wonder how it was determined. It might be tier level, like silver, gold, platinum or something along those lines. FWIW I'm gold.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
How many did you get? I have one ticket on my account but manage my friend's single ticket as well, and got access to more than 1.

This is what John said-

"The first session, starting at 2PM is a VIP session for Platinum (20+ years) and Gold (10+ years) Season Ticket Holders. All other Season Ticket Holders are invited to the main event. If you'd like to go to the VIP session you could check with your Platinum/Gold folks and see if they have any extras. Let me know how you make out."

So apparently the email they sent out to ALL season ticket holders saying they would receive an invitation to the meet and greet was BS. What they got is access to a game show. It appears as though accounts were given 6 tickets per account regardless of number of season tickets on account. My account has 9 tickets on it and it has access to 6 tickets. My friend's account has 4 tickets on it and it also has access to 6 tickets.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
Just spoke to Brad Marchand on the phone. Personal invite to the Game Show. Great guy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was looking through my emails yesterday. I thought the event started at 4 (Game Show does). But there's a VIP thing at 2 that I have access to where you can meet the players.

Printed the ticket today and this is what it says:

SUN, JAN 11, 2015 2:00 pm
General Admission
Doors open at 1:45 pm
TD Garden - Boston, MA
VIP Session
Bruins Game Show Live!
2:00pm

See you there ?

TY

Jul 26, 2014
Does anyone have 2 extra tickets for the VIP event?

Also- if any non- ticket package holders want a ticket let me know. I don't think I'll use all of mine. Looks like I can get up to 6.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Hrmph. They can't give us lowly plan holders the pre-recorded Marchand?

Oh well, I got an email with a link to a special invite from Rene just for me! Okay, not for me....he sort of did that thing Miss Molly did at the end of Romper Room and said "Do I see a Game Plan Holder?"

But at least there were first pumps involved.

If anyone out needs non-VIP tickets, I'm pretty sure I can order more. Also, if anyone happens to have a spare VIP ticket....

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I haven't printed mine out yet. I had to buy a new printer and haven't hooked it up yet (I have a funeral this week, too busy at the moment). I've received at least 3 emails about this event including one from my rep and the Rene thing, and the Marshmont message today. Wonder if people are pissed and aren't responding? I can only imagine how uncomfortable this game show thing could be if the team is still dead in the water, fans yelling at the players and the like. They're probably a little nervous about facing the diehards as well.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Anyone have tickets for tonight? Looking for 2.

What is going on tonight? The know B's play in Philly at 1pm this afternoon. Or are you referring to the Pats game at 4:35? If you're looking for pats tickets I believe there are nice lower level sideline seats on SH at face and below.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Anyone have two tickets available for the game on 1/15 against the Rangers?

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
How was it??

The meet the players was wait in line to have photo taken with a few players
. I just watched. I guess it was fun for kids.

The show was fun. Pasta looked like he was having fun.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How was it??

I wanted to hit the couch and watch NFL football all day (doing that now DVRD and Denver losing with 6 minutes left, yes!!!)....but took daughter and her BF and there are worse things to do than go to that.

They had fun, it was pretty crazy but I had a good time watching people gets photos.

The show was kind of goofy but good goofy- but I love Lenny Clarke. I realized driving home I laughed more at that than probably any comedy I have ever seen.

Marchand was outstanding- unplugged and could break the likeable meter. Kelly also was great- he's smooth as hell talking, and great sense of humor. He catches **** here but he could be a very good NHL coach someday. I heard he can be hilarious and a bull buster in a good way and not surprised.

I only wish Boychuk was here for laughs- although Bartkowski is pretty entertaining too.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Had a great time. If they do it again they need to fix a few things specifically crowd control.

I'll post my pictures from the gameshow in a bit.

It does involve a milkcrate :)

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wanted to hit the couch and watch NFL football all day (doing that now DVRD and Denver losing with 6 minutes left, yes!!!)....but took daughter and her BF and there are worse things to do than go to that.

They had fun, it was pretty crazy but I had a good time watching people gets photos.

The show was kind of goofy but good goofy- but I love Lenny Clarke. I realized driving home I laughed more at that than probably any comedy I have ever seen.

Marchand was outstanding- unplugged and could break the likeable meter. Kelly also was great- he's smooth as hell talking, and great sense of humor. He catches **** here but he could be a very good NHL coach someday. I heard he can be hilarious and a bull buster in a good way and not surprised.

I only wish Boychuk was here for laughs- although Bartkowski is pretty entertaining too.

Brad was a riot. It looked like he was actually having fun. Pasta was fun to watch too.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
How was it??

I thought it was fun; I assume the photo thing was for VIPers. I guess I'm a big kid; I'd even take a photo with Caron in a heartbeat. I got there too early, but since the Patriots won, I found a free coffee from Dunks on my phone..

Pasta got a big round of applause when he came out, as he should have. I personally don't really care for Lenny Clarke, but that's my personal taste. I didn't really like any of the "comedians" who were at Boston Strong (so, maybe I'm a big kid AND an old grump at heart at the same time), and while I think I'm the farthest thing from a prude, he did drop an s-bomb at an event that, from looking around me, was targeted towards kids. It's one thing for a drunk guy to drop one during a game, but the guy with the mic should be a little more circumspect. The other host guy was okay, I guess....

Dougie gave some funny answers for Family Feud that, unfortunately, weren't on the board:

Question: Name something that causes you stress.
Dougie: Making the playoffs.

Question: Name something you do to cure the hiccups.
Dougie: Bend over.

This was actually the first time I used the North Station garage, simply because it was about as cheap as going via the T. I bought my ticket in advance via Account Manager - dumb choice. I printed it out, and it wouldn't scan when I left. Half the ticket payment kiosks didn't have the scanners working, and when I did scan it, it didn't recognize it. Paid $10 more out of my own pocket, and I'll be calling my rep tomorrow. Plus a huge line getting out, as expected....my receipt said 6:00, and I emerged on Causeway at 6:35.

But overall, it was fun....hope they do it again next year. I think the Bs seemed to be having a good time - a good stress reliever given the rocky start to the season that's hopefully turning around.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I thought it was fun; I assume the photo thing was for VIPers. I guess I'm a big kid; I'd even take a photo with Caron in a heartbeat. I got there too early, but since the Patriots won, I found a free coffee from Dunks on my phone..

Pasta got a big round of applause when he came out, as he should have. I personally don't really care for Lenny Clarke, but that's my personal taste. I didn't really like any of the "comedians" who were at Boston Strong (so, maybe I'm a big kid AND an old grump at heart at the same time), and while I think I'm the farthest thing from a prude, he did drop an s-bomb at an event that, from looking around me, was targeted towards kids. It's one thing for a drunk guy to drop one during a game, but the guy with the mic should be a little more circumspect. The other host guy was okay, I guess....

Dougie gave some funny answers for Family Feud that, unfortunately, weren't on the board:

Question: Name something that causes you stress.
Dougie: Making the playoffs.

Question: Name something you do to cure the hiccups.
Dougie: Bend over.

This was actually the first time I used the North Station garage, simply because it was about as cheap as going via the T. I bought my ticket in advance via Account Manager - dumb choice. I printed it out, and it wouldn't scan when I left. Half the ticket payment kiosks didn't have the scanners working, and when I did scan it, it didn't recognize it. Paid $10 more out of my own pocket, and I'll be calling my rep tomorrow. Plus a huge line getting out, as expected....my receipt said 6:00, and I emerged on Causeway at 6:35.

But overall, it was fun....hope they do it again next year. I think the Bs seemed to be having a good time - a good stress reliever given the rocky start to the season that's hopefully turning around.

I liked when Kelly got Brad a milk crate to stand on. ;)

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I brought the wife and kids, ages 9, 11 and 14. We had a good time. But only had time to make it through 3 of the player photo lines since it was pretty crowed. I would't have gone if I couldn't get the pics for the kids though.

I like Lenny. I believe he dropped 3 ***** bombs. I heard at least two though. My wife gave me a dirty look each time, the "I thoughts this was a family friendly event" look. I replied to her with the "Are you series? Are you the same mother that let's here 9 year old play modern warfare" look.

The guy who was the regular host kind of sucked imo. It was nice to have Lenny to break up his stall style. All in all is was so so. As long as they do the meet and greet with the players I would take my kids again. I'm glad they are making an effort to give the STH's more value with access to players. If they are going to charge a premium above what other teams are charging for tickets, they should at least be trying to give you some added value in a bonus event here and there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad