OT: 2015 ticket thread II (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix for sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Opening night probably won't drop THAT much, but I'd expect some seats to be below face by puck drop.

I'm looking for an extra ticket or 2 to that Team Event on the 24th that I just learned about via email. If anyone has an extra or 2 and can't use them, please let me know. Thanks

I'd be interested in this too...especially considering this intrepid reporter broke the news that the jersey will be black. If you've got one or two spare tickets, I'd be in your debt.....

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I ended up buying a pair of $66 club seats as the puck dropped last night. Using the mobile printer in the car came in handy.

The face value of the club seats was $79. The name on the tickets was Curtis Cheng. He is the CEO of DTI Management in the DC area. His company works directly with sports teams to resell their tickets. Apparently he has a pretty sweet arraignment with the Jacobs boys if he has clubs seats locked in at a $79 price point. I bought a pair of seats and he had the majority of the row for sale.

Am I the only one that finds it interesting the team is feeding premium seats to well known large brokers at a huge discount below what long term season ticket holders are paying?

Last edited:

MrMars

May 26, 2006
I use to have a premium club membership, the price on the ticket is not even close to correct, my club seats in 113 had $90 printed on them, real cost is $90 + $110 "membership fee" per ticket, guessing the side of the clubs were cheaper, I recall that being the case when I was signing up.

Even at that crazy price did OK, they did NOT charge a membership fee for playoff tickets, even if you bought a 10 game package you still got a full playoff strip (they did change this, but for the 2 seasons they made the cup you could) and the prices were lower then most loges believe it or not, plus always got access to club seats for all the concerts / events etc at decent prices. Actually made a decent amount in the cup years, now I would certainly not recommend it.

Funny Fact, the cup finals vs Chicago, paid $213 for my front row balcony's, club seats $200

Last edited:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Am I the only one that finds it interesting the team is feeding premium seats to well known large brokers at a huge discount below what long term season ticket holders are paying?

No, that's interesting but to me not surprising. My presumption is that is a bigger practice in baseball.

In a related story: Stubhub is really not good now. When exactly did their fees explode? Feels like its 25% higher than a year ago. Also not a fan of the new website, which puts me in agreement with everyone else.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
No, that's interesting but to me not surprising. My presumption is that is a bigger practice in baseball.

In a related story: Stubhub is really not good now. When exactly did their fees explode? Feels like its 25% higher than a year ago. Also not a fan of the new website, which puts me in agreement with everyone else.

Last year at this time StubHub had their prices listed as "all in pricing". The price you saw was the price you paid and there were no surprise fees when you went to check out. They have gone back to their old system of not showing all the fees upfront when you look at the listings. But at the bottom of the listings (if you scroll down) you will see "advanced settings". When you click on it there is a box you can check that says "show prices with fees". Once you click on it you now see the "all in" pricing format again.

I don't think anyone is a fan of the new site. They've had plenty of criticism about it and the site has been up and running for sometime now. They don't seem to be in any hurry to change anything. It's ridiculous that you can no longer look for aisle seats, piggyback seats or exclude obstructed view seats by checking a box. For a huge company their web development team is the worst in the business.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I ended up buying a pair of $66 club seats as the puck dropped last night. Using the mobile printer in the car came in handy.

The face value of the club seats was $79. The name on the tickets was Curtis Cheng. He is the CEO of DTI Management in the DC area. His company works directly with sports teams to resell their tickets. Apparently he has a pretty sweet arraignment with the Jacobs boys if he has clubs seats locked in at a $79 price point. I bought a pair of seats and he had the majority of the row for sale.

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. I saw prices like this on a club seat before, and wondered how it was done; I swear I've googled the names on the tickets before, but this one popped right up as a pro reseller. I noticed last year a lot of seats in E 107 being sold on StubHub; this isn't Mr. Cheng's first ride at the rodeo. And they were all in a massive row, which ordinary people shouldn't be able to do unless they're lucky enough to happen to obtain a string of STH accounts.

I've also noticed that the seats in 326, which the Bruins use as bait (see http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63865 - $20 tickets, really?) weren't available at the start of the season. Either that or I missed 'em. For adults they're usually $50-$60, which is still a decent price. And my theory is that last year they were also used as supplementary "opposing team WAG" tickets - the CBA says the Bruins have to hold certain tickets in two classes for the opposing team: IIRC, one class has to be the second most expensive non-club tickets in the stadium, while the other can literally be anywhere, just in case there's a lot of spillover.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
3 available for Monday's game. $54 each, 317 row 12

Also looking to get rid of Philly game as well.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
So had 2 tickets listed for tonight on Stubhub, noticed the listing is gone, it is not in expired, sold or anywhere else just vanished. So called Stubhub, they said someone bought them but the order is under review and it could take up to 2 hours. Not sure when they disappeared, but I cannot remove/edit the listing and no one else can buy them well it is in limbo. Makes no sense to me, I asked if it was me under review they said no the Buyer, so I guess if something goes wrong I can't do anything for up to 2 hours, how nice. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
So had 2 tickets listed for tonight on Stubhub, noticed the listing is gone, it is not in expired, sold or anywhere else just vanished. So called Stubhub, they said someone bought them but the order is under review and it could take up to 2 hours. Not sure when they disappeared, but I cannot remove/edit the listing and no one else can buy them well it is in limbo. Makes no sense to me, I asked if it was me under review they said no the Buyer, so I guess if something goes wrong I can't do anything for up to 2 hours, how nice. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

This happened to me once before. I can't remember the specifics of what I was told for why a buyer goes under review. In my case the sale went through but it did take about 90 minutes before I got the notification that the sale completed.

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
They are probably verifying their credit card info. Happened to me on Thursday on the Tixexchange. It sucks because the seller can get screwed if the sale doesn't go through and get stuck with the tickets,

Trollope16

Aug 29, 2015
How is there still a Boston Bruins presale going on for Winter Classic tickets!!! Is it the 10 game plan holders now or what? I am getting too impatient at this point it seems like these presales will never end! With that being said does anyone want to sell their presale code for a reasonable price?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I have 2 Loge 8 row 4 tickets for Monday afternoon vs. Tampa I'd like to trade for the same game for a high row Loge or first row balcony.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
This happened to me once before. I can't remember the specifics of what I was told for why a buyer goes under review. In my case the sale went through but it did take about 90 minutes before I got the notification that the sale completed.

The sale finally went through, roughly 90 minutes after I called, no idea how long it was in limbo before I noticed it. Not a big deal if it goes through but would be really bad if it did not as losing 2+ hours the day of the game would obviously be costly.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
6 pack available for Monday's game. Loge 19 row 15 seats 1-6. $95/each (face). Personal paypal payment and tickets forwarded through account manager. I may also have a pair in loge 7 row 24 available for face ($95/each). My buddy is suppose to be getting back to me by tonight to let me know if he wants them.

TY

Jul 26, 2014
The person I was going to the game within tomorrow can't go.
I've got an extra ticket to the game tomorrow. Loge seat on the side the B's shoot twice. Face is $145, but I'll take best reasonable offer. Don't want to see it go to waste.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Also have a pair for tomorrow in Loge 6 row 22 for $90/each ($95/each face value).

edit-- $80/each if anyone is interested. I'll be at the game. Can meet or email them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad