2015 sports poll

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Another thread about HF posters thinking they would make great Gm's....hahaha

Not necessarily great GMs, just better than Benning. However, if you like what he's done, more power to you. I admire your ability to have complete faith in someone who is universally panned.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Not necessarily great GMs, just better than Benning. However, if you like what he's done, more power to you. I admire your ability to have complete faith in someone who is universally panned.

Never said that I'm a fan of his moves, you know what I'm not a fan of is firing a guy after a year and a half. Looks pretty bad firing a guy so soon.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I voted for the firing of Gilman, Crawford and co.

That's a move that has many long term implications as those were the last intelligent men left on our management team.

Lord knows the amount of terrible decisions they mitigated or shot down.

We will suffer many more bad moves from the Benning regime as a result of their levelheadedness no longer being present.

It's like taking the brakes off an Indy 500 car. Only will end one way now.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Never said that I'm a fan of his moves, you know what I'm not a fan of is firing a guy after a year and a half. Looks pretty bad firing a guy so soon.

Look at the list of his bad moves. Look at the list of his 'good' moves.

Now, why shouldn't he be fired, and why should we care if it's so soon? Should we wait until he trades Horvat to get Adam Clendening back?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
It's still a good return though, Bieksa was pretty bad, overpaid, old, and an upcoming UFA. You could also argue that he botched the Tanev deal by giving him a bridge deal the year before when everyone in Vancouver knew he was reliable and worth a long term deal.

Is it sad that the only two moves we consider good on the list have huge asterisks beside them?

That was my thinking as well. They had to push Benning to ask for an additional pick in the Kesler trade... :facepalm:

To which we then just swapped picks.

I think it looks worse when your team is run into the ground for longer.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Meh. Casual fans buy whatever the local media sells them. I hardly follow any local teams aside from the Canucks, so whatever I hear on 1040 or read in the paper is more or less what my opinion on the other teams will be.

Most of the media guys are still ******** over Gillis being mean to them, so this regime is a nice breath of fresh air in that regard. Wouldn't expect this to change any time soon unless the team completely bottoms out.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Q4. Should Canucks GM Jim Benning keep his job?

88% • Yes
12% • No

Q5. Should Canucks president Trevor Linden keep his job?

90.5% • Yes
9.5% • No
I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

6WFASIu.jpg

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Biggest issue for me is that the majority doesn't want to change our trash js.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC

Keeping someone employed so he can continue to do more damage because you're worried how it will "look" is silly. If a pilot is drunk and is about to crash the plane I don't need to think that I'd be a better pilot to be able to make the call that someone else should take over, no matter how "bad it will look".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad