OT: 2015 Redskins Part I: Building America's Football Capital (0-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Quick, name the last Pro Bowl Guard on the Redskins...

...if his floor is paving a highway next to Silverback for RB's to run through you're gonna be regretting this sentiment. We're so used to plugs on the inside of a line that we've apparently totally forgotten what it looks like to work behind the best in the business.

Nasty OL with game are solid gold in my book. Doesn't matter where or how you find them. Go out there and get more like this one please...

If this guy doesn't work draft another one in the first round next year for all I care...so sick of soft Washington teams. Let's start pushing people around for a change...literally.

What sentiment? I'm not terribly upset at drafting an olinemen, but they're is zero value taking a guy projected to be a guard at #5. They'll try him at RT and I guess that's the end of the Morgan Moses/Tom Compton experiment there.

This is actually not a good GIF to make your point, Scherff initially was going to take the outside guy and suddenly had to shift in, so he was off balance from the get-go. That can happen to anyone. We did that against the Cowboys last season, and we know how good their o-line is and how bad our d-line was. .

Here you go:

DarkDeliriousAfricanjacana.gif

The dude is not a tackle. His knock is he's very slow to mirror speed rushers, has short arms, and does not possess nimble feet. He's a mauler that's a guard.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Do you take La'el Collins and have an absolute monstrous OL? Tempting.

He has been questioned in regards to the death of his ex-girlfriend who was pregnant at the time of her death, but the newborn lived. That's on a completely other level from something like getting pinched for weed possession. Thats a possible Rae Carruth situation. I'd pass.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Per sources, the Titans communicated to the Eagles last night that they'd have to top the Robert Griffin III deal to get Marcus Mariota. ...

We set the new standard!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Winning off the field

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On the selection of Brandon Scherff with the No. 5 overall pick:

“Well, there was a lot of things happened, obviously, with the first four picks that had a lot of impact on what we were deciding to do. Then when it came to our pick, we thought that he was the best person for what we wanted, the best player available. If you’re talking about offensive linemen, you’re talking about a big, physical guy, and we want to bring that mentality back to this football team and it starts up front. We addressed the defensive front a little bit in free agency, and I think we had to address the offensive linemen, the offensive line room, and we did that tonigh

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Do you take La'el Collins and have an absolute monstrous OL? Tempting.

A suspect in a murder case is someone you sign as a Undrafted free agent or not at all.

I'd like to see us invest more in the trenches. Outside of Trent Williams our line was pretty piss poor last year. Anybody we put at QB didn't have time to do anything before having to escape pressure.

I'm happy with Scherff at 5. We said we'd use him at RT. The gif posted above is one play... You can get a gif made of pro bowl tackles getting beat like that. Happens to everyone once in a while.

Apparently people are concerned about Leonard Williams' shoulder. We don't want another situation with a Dlineman that's very good but is never available to play.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
A suspect in a murder case is someone you sign as a Undrafted free agent or not at all.

I'd like to see us invest more in the trenches. Outside of Trent Williams our line was pretty piss poor last year. Anybody we put at QB didn't have time to do anything before having to escape pressure.

I'm happy with Scherff at 5. We said we'd use him at RT. The gif posted above is one play... You can get a gif made of pro bowl tackles getting beat like that. Happens to everyone once in a while.

Apparently people are concerned about Leonard Williams' shoulder. We don't want another situation with a Dlineman that's very good but is never available to play.

He's not a suspect.

Watch more of Scherff's tape and you'll see more of the same versus those speedy edge rushers.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think the list of suspects is being made, now.

Sucks for La Randle El, the timing could not possibly be any worse.

If I were a GM I would get a detective on the case asap and try and dig for info on the results of his visit, and help decide to risk a pick on him.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
He's not a suspect.

Watch more of Scherff's tape and you'll see more of the same versus those speedy edge rushers.

I don't have the time to watch tape, I don't get paid to do it. Can you provide some clips other than the UMD game since it sounds like you've watched a lot of tape on Scherff?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
He road the guy outside and there was a nice pocket, accept for the LG's missed block.

LT's get beat. See :50, 2:11 and 3:19. Even Trent Williams got embarrassed in college.

If that's what you want to call getting beat by a one-armed pass rush, more power to you.

Trent was more athletic and easily handled speed rushers, its rushers with length that give him trouble. Scherff struggles against both types. Again that's why he'll be a guard eventually.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If Scherff was who they viewed as the BPA, they could have traded back to take him. It's a ridiculous pick, especially with Williams on the board.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
That's the guy I want being the cornerstone of my organization.

Bust written all over him.

I don't know why you'd make the #1 overall pick unless there's a Luck or Manning available. They rarely work out, and you could get a King's ransom for it in a trade.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Per sources, the Titans communicated to the Eagles last night that they'd have to top the Robert Griffin III deal to get Marcus Mariota. ...

We set the new standard!

Offer being reported as 2 1sts, a 3rd and a "handful of players", Titans passed.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That's the guy I want being the cornerstone of my organization.

Bust written all over him.

I don't know why you'd make the #1 overall pick unless there's a Luck or Manning available. They rarely work out, and you could get a King's ransom for it in a trade.

The dark side, anger and hate clearly clouding your judgement. BUST is laughable. Not one credible person has suggested BUST. Just say you dislike the kid and want him to fail. It'd be more honest at least.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I like the way Winston plays. But he's a knucklehead. I expect him to do what Josh Gordon is doing... never learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad