OT: 2015 Redskins Part I: Building America's Football Capital (0-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
William's shoulder and rawness must've scared SMC into the safer pick at the other position of need

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
They needed to address the offensive line. You can't win if your quarterback is injured or on his back all the time. Scherff might not be the "sexy" pick, but he was the right pick. I love it. You can bet that Bill Callahan is really going to groom him into a good one. If there's one thing that man knows, it's offensive linemen and I'm willing to bet that when Scherff goes on to become a multiple pro bowler, no one will complain.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

I like "nasty, physical; like to finish blocks. Like to get after people".

I like that a lot.

mrwarden

Nothing Witty
Jan 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Do I wish they could have gotten him at 8? Sure. But this has been the fundamental problem with the team since RGIII's rookie year. I would take 2 more OL tomorrow.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I like "nasty, physical; like to finish blocks. Like to get after people".

I like that a lot.

And yet from his "weaknesses" section on the NFL draft analysis:

Has dominant finishing traits, but not a consistent finisher of blocks. Would love to see more fiery play demeanor from him.

I'm OK with the pick. I haven't seen a lot of him but the film I saw was good. Been begging for o-line help forever so not going to complain.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They needed to address the offensive line. You can't win if your quarterback is injured or on his back all the time. Scherff might not be the "sexy" pick, but he was the right pick. I love it. You can bet that Bill Callahan is really going to groom him into a good one. If there's one thing that man knows, it's offensive linemen and I'm willing to bet that when Scherff goes on to become a multiple pro bowler, no one will complain.

Yeah. I agree.

Gotta think protecting a fragile Griffin and boosting confidence of all QBs by giving them more than a microsecond for play to develop before they're pressured was a big priority after picking up RGs option.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
And yet from his "weaknesses" section on the NFL draft analysis:

Figures "NFL draft analysis" says opposite of how he just described himself. :laugh:

Guess we will have to wait till the season to start to see how "nasty" he really is.

Regardless, he might be a reach at 5, but RT was an eye sore of a hole since Jansen left after the '08 season and now its filled. Hopefully.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

At least McClou and friends left no stone un-turned when it came to their homework on Scherff. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad