2015 Re-Draft, you have the 3rd pick overall

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Marner will be seen as better within a few weeks of the new season. 61 and 69 points in his first 2 seasons without a full year in a top 6 role.
I've said it before, 69 points with 16:28 of TOI, only Laine put up that type of production with that little TOI. Now he's playing with Tavares.
IMO, He's a contender for the Art Ross this season.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
This again eh? How many points you predict for Matthews this year, now that he's getting the gift of shelter from JT.

While I agree it's too early to 'call', Barzal is certainly in the lead right now for anyone who can shed draft bias.

Because of how odd last season was I would hesitate to rank any of the first year players. Beyond one years samples vs two+, I could easily see Brock Boeser playing a full campaign and potting only 22 goals, or Barzal having 55pts year. Not only could scoring normalize league wide, but teams will play these guys harder this time around and both have seen valuable teammates leave that made things easier on them in one way or another.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Something like:

Aho-McDavid-Marner
Connor-Eichel-Rantanen
Debrusk-Barzal-Boeser
Beauvillier-Zacha-Koneckny

Provorov-Werenski
Hanifin-Chabot
Dermott-Carlo

Samsonov
Blackwood

Forget all the other posts here, take a look at this...

That's a pretty incredible team you can assemble from basically just the TOP 37 PICKS!

(And it's still missing a few good NHLers like Meier and Dunn).

Kinda crazy the 3rd overall pick wouldn't be near this team... yet.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Yeah I say Eichel, because Barzal would be off the board by 3.

1.McJesus
2.Barzal
3.Eichel

T-4.
Rantanen
Werenski
Provorov
Marner
Boeser
Aho

I don't really have a strong preference for how to order that amazing group of six. They're all close to me.
Rantanen played with the second highest TOI.QoT teammates in the league among all players.
Methinks his stats are a bit padded

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
So many great options. At this point I guess it depends on your team need, although I don't agree its the best solution.

If I need a forward, I pick Barzal.
If I need a defenseman, I toss a coin between Provorov and Werenski.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Strange opinion? What if I think Hanifin wasnt given free reign of his team ? What if I think Hanifin hasnt hit his potential and Provorov is close to/has hit his?

Provorov doesn't even get first unit PP time and he still put up 17 goals and 41 assists, and it's not like he's going to get worse defensively as he enters his mid-20's, which is still a couple years away. Give Provorov first unit PP time and he breaks 50 points rather easily, it's just that's not going to be in the cards unless Ghost gets injured.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Provorov doesn't even get first unit PP time and he still put up 17 goals and 41 assists, and it's not like he's going to get worse defensively as he enters his mid-20's, which is still a couple years away. Give Provorov first unit PP time and he breaks 50 points rather easily, it's just that's not going to be in the cards unless Ghost gets injured.
Not disputing any of that.

Notice that I didnt once question Provorovs quality as a player.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Tiers

McDavid

Eichel/Barzal

Werenski/Provorov

Rantanen/Aho/Marner/Boeser
Exactly as I see it too! I think right now the top 5 are pretty clear. Could change.
What a great draft. I could see Provorov moving up to that second group soon.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Rantanen played with the second highest TOI.QoT teammates in the league among all players.
Methinks his stats are a bit padded

Yeah you're right. The QoT stat by itself doesn't really mean that much to me, but I checked his line stats at corsica hockey, and Rantanen didn't have any good results without Mackinnon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad