2015 Re-Draft, you have the 3rd pick overall

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I've been a ridiculously big supporter of Boeser ever since I saw him step foot in college but I don't think he goes Top 5 in a redraft. Probably around 8 or so. Provorov and Rantanen I'd put above him.

That's not a knock on him, this will go down as one of the best drafts of all time.

Reactions: SantaClaus

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Barzal above Eichel?

lol
Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 4.06.40 AM.png

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'll keep Mitch given our build and his current fit. Although, I'd expect Barzal to currently be the consensus winner. But, if I'm losing Marner I seriously look at Provorov and Werenski close to Barzal.

The Marner in the back half of this season was truly elite and looked comparable to elite players like Giroux, Kane and Gaudreau. His percentages ran a bit high post-All-star game, especially on the PP (19% oiSH), but he also gets below average PP time for a guy who is as good as he is at it. I'm very curious to see what he can do over a full season, playing with one of Matthews or Tavares. He exploded last season once he got put with Kadri instead of Bozak.

Now, if Arizona could redo the pick, I'd expect Barzal to be the answer.

I'd add, the list should be at least 6 deep with an argument for 8 deep. Rantanen absolutely deserves to be in this discussion, Aho is more debatable but probably also belongs (although, putting Aho in, probably brings up an argument for Kyle Connor). Either way, the 2015 draft looks to be the best draft since 2003. Most people should be fairly happy with their picks. That's before even getting to other NHL contributors who don't belong in the discussion, but their teams are happy with like Debrusk, Carlo, Beauvillier, and Konecny. And then there's guys who looked good but were either sheltered or didn't play the whole season who teams are optimistic about like Dermott, Dunn, Malgin, Roslovic, Sprong, etc. There are also guys who are productive but not really living up to their picks like Zacha and Meier. Then there's a kid like Kaprizov who has the makings of an impact NHLer but is over in the KHL.

Last edited:

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Eichel. Because I would take Barzal second overall. I get a more positive vibe from Barzal. He amazed me this year. Kid reminds me of Barry Sanders the way he barrels through a defense with finesse. Dazzling like Pavel Bure; yet more composed than wildly electrifying. Love his throttle. The way he pumps his legs like an engine. Massive confidence and skill. Completely smashed every expectation. Meanwhile, Jack has come across as rather moody, and hasn't quite reached the peak I expected when I saw him compete against McDavid when he was younger and first caught my eye. At the time, I thought he was older than McDavid because he was conquering in that moment. It's likely his injuries make it appear as if he hasn't lived up to expectations. Looking forward to seeing more of both of them next year and reevaluating their projectory.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad