2015 OHL Draft (Part 2)

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Watched the Team Ontario game against Manitoba and also the game against BC. Team looks good and very well rounded. Yes there are some players who could play on this team and it wouldn't look any different, but that is just nitpicking. I like all the lines makeups so far and think Garreffa has been very good out there so far, among others. I agree Golden should probably be on the team over Webb or Hanna but other than that I don't see much to complain about. I would like to see Carlson get into a game but it is what it is.

Vilardi and Levin look like the two most ready to make an impact up front out of the forwards from Ontario, with Davis looking very well rounded and ready to play.

I watched Shattuck St. Mary's Prep team the other day vs St. Andrews and D man Josh Maniscalco is a very good player and would be a top 20 player in the draft if he ever committed to the league, but has committed to the U of Minnesota. Him and Davis look very similar as players.

Marcus Phillips and Ian Blacker look very strong as well on the Team O blueline. Hanna seems to be struggling a little bit with the fore check and his outlet passes, but he is a solid player and should go in the later half of the first round but most likely a second round pick.

It's nice to see Meireles showing a finishing touch in the games as that has been a knock for me on him in my viewings, he has unreal speed and acceleration but doesn't always do much with the puck once he enters the offensive zone, but he is slowing it down a little more and finding teammates with good passes through seams and creating offence, his line with Gilmour and Neumann look strong in all three zones.

Mcleod is erasing some of the doubts I had on him as well, he is creating much more in these games and utilizing his speed through the neutral zone. Looks very good paired up with Tippett and Vilardi.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Where will the Niagara and Owen Sound compensation picks be in the draft?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Does anyone have the draft order for the 1st round?

Won't be determined until all the regular season games have been completed.

Confirmed picks as of right now look to be Sudbury at 1, Niagara 7, Owen Sound 10.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Won't be determined until all the regular season games have been completed.

Confirmed picks as of right now look to be Sudbury at 1, Niagara 7, Owen Sound 10.

Does Ottawa have any 1st round picks?

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
So is the top four set with Vilardi, McLeod, Tippett, and Levin?

Can't see anyone nudging those guys. Davis if Youre looking for a d man I guess.

tHEGOODBADUGLY

Feb 20, 2015
You guys are obsessed with rankings aren't you. First of all the OHL grades players . does not ranked them. Second a big congrats to our Ontario team winners of gold. Its a reflection of a very strong birth year, great job guys best AAA hockey played in Ontario,

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
You guys are obsessed with rankings aren't you. First of all the OHL grades players . does not ranked them. Second a big congrats to our Ontario team winners of gold. Its a reflection of a very strong birth year, great job guys best AAA hockey played in Ontario,

Of course they are, they're fans, not dads

And secondly your incorrect, OHL Central Scouting has a private list of top Ontario and top US skaters that is mailed out to teams in addition to letter grades given to prospects. Back in the day I think my kid was a 'B' and didn't make the top 100 list from the OHL.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
So is the top four set with Vilardi, McLeod, Tippett, and Levin?

Can't see anyone nudging those guys. Davis if Youre looking for a d man I guess.

Yeah I think so. Maybe Blacker or Davis if a team really liked them but more than likely those four.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long

tHEGOODBADUGLY, what are your rankings for the first through sixth rounds? My agency is trying to identify diamonds in the rough for a new clientele. Thanks!

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Ian Blacker would have a good chance for top 5 without his commitment. I prefer hmslightly over Davis

Vilardi, Levin, Tippett and also McLeod (still a step behind the former players IMO. Looked good at the Canada Games though. Nice to see him put up points) are your top Ontario forwards but don't could out Gilmour or Meireles either.

US skaters Farrance and Pastujov have top 5 talent but will fall

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Haven't seen his name mentioned but keep an eye on Jack Studnicka from Belle Tire. Low this kids game and I think he's going to be something special.

Add CIH Dman Corson Green too. Been very impressed with his long term potential. He's raw but he's got the tools to turn into a very good dman

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Haven't seen his name mentioned but keep an eye on Jack Studnicka from Belle Tire. Low this kids game and I think he's going to be something special.

Add CIH Dman Corson Green too. Been very impressed with his long term potential. He's raw but he's got the tools to turn into a very good dman

These two both have NCAA commitments though don't they?

tHEGOODBADUGLY

Feb 20, 2015
Don't have a list but a couple of general comments. Be weary of the hype. This age group not a lot separates first rounder from sixth rounders. Like the 98's has any so called impact player in the 98 group scored over ten goals this season in the OHL? Again its all about future potential when drafting and development. You want a few names of kids overlooked? I can do that.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Don't have a list but a couple of general comments. Be weary of the hype. This age group not a lot separates first rounder from sixth rounders. Like the 98's has any so called impact player in the 98 group scored over ten goals this season in the OHL? Again its all about future potential when drafting and development. You want a few names of kids overlooked? I can do that.

Who are they overlooked by? This forum is about the OHL draft and trying to find the kids that will be drafted and where by all means let us know about some good young hockey players.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
The Wolves will use their first pick on Levin unless he is invisable at the OHL cup. Tippett is still very much in the mix. Their second pick which is the Soo's pick as they traded away their orignal second to acquire a pick to select the owners son in the third round could be used for De Petrio.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Wolves

The Wolves will use their first pick on Levin unless he is invisable at the OHL cup. Tippett is still very much in the mix. Their second pick which is the Soo's pick as they traded away their orignal second to acquire a pick to select the owners son in the third round could be used for De Petrio.

Dipetrio will be be gone by then, in fact I can see Windsor taking him with the Wolves pick at #23 in the 2nd
The fact his hometown is 25-30 minutes away from Windsor does not hurt

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad