2015 OHL Draft (Part 2)

Canuck71*

Wow McLeod to Flint is a gutsy pick, good for them. I have questions whether he reports or not.

Can someone tell me more about Sarnia's first round pick in Sasha Chmelevski? Is this a reach? Would have been happier if we took Meireles or Davis but I'm hoping this kid can prove me wrong.

Canuck71*

Why are the Hamilton Bulldogs picking in the OHL draft...?

The Belleville Bulls team has moved to Hamilton and will be taking the Bulldogs name since the AHL team is moving as well. Jealous of their jerseys, they got some great looking ones.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
just wondering... i missed the draft this morning due to having to work is anyone else having a problem with the statefarm 1st 3 rounds not playing on the player on the site?

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
How could Neumann slip so far down into the third round. Please someone clue me in on that. What happened?

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Winners and Losers

Who are your winners and losers in todays draft? The Wolves seemed to go for speed and skill set, very surprised they did not draft Neumann.

Last edited:

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Cole Carter (1998) was a glaring oversight from last years draft. He lit up the Jr B league in Ottawa. Could push for a roster spot in Windsor.

Well he seems to have had a growth spurt - from 5'6" last year at this time to 5'10" now.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Owen Sound had a VERY good draft. Liked a lot of picks from Niagara, Hamilton, London and Sudbury.

The best was clearly SSM. They killed the draft grabbing value in every single round.

OttawaHockeyFan

Jan 8, 2014
Owen Sound had a VERY good draft. Liked a lot of picks from Niagara, Hamilton, London and Sudbury.

The best was clearly SSM. They killed the draft grabbing value in every single round.

Loved the SSM draft. Can't believe that Taylor Carlson fell so far. I was clearly way off on my assessment of him. Clearly SSM liked the kids from the Ottawa region. Went there often and nabbed some very solid players IMO

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON

given the limited amount of picks we had through the first couple rounds, we nabbed some pretty solid players in the later rounds; it's nice knowing there wasn't a huge amount of pressure on Raftis to draft a lot of quality talent, as we'll have a strong contingent of returnees next season so any new players will have to fight for limited spots

OTownApologist

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Loved the SSM draft. Can't believe that Taylor Carlson fell so far. I was clearly way off on my assessment of him. Clearly SSM liked the kids from the Ottawa region. Went there often and nabbed some very solid players IMO

They already have Du Puy and Senyshyn there as well, they clearly trust their Ottawa scout.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
In the short term, Flint could be the biggest loser, however, once McLeod is traded, and we get an additional pick in the top 5 in 2016, this could be a big win for Flint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad