Speculation: 2015 NHL Entry Draft

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
While looking for more info on Gurianov... I came across this link. Here

This is a prospect profile put together as a potential Devils target and it contains this line and I had to chuckle.
A "highly skilled" forward with "speed" seems like the type of player that could likely be on Ray Shero's radar

They have a lot to learn about what to expect from a Shero draft.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I'm not talking about if he is good or not. I'm talking about how every Russian player ever mentioned is always followed with, "he'd work well with Geno." Just because somebody is Russian doesn't mean he has to immediately be awesome with Geno. I don't give a damn what nationality somebody is.

"I have no nationality, the best possible status for an intellectual." - Emil Cioran

;)

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
While looking for more info on Gurianov... I came across this link. Here

This is a prospect profile put together as a potential Devils target and it contains this line and I had to chuckle.

They have a lot to learn about what to expect from a Shero draft.
Gurianov's stats are worse than Kucherov in his draft year,but has size.Wouldn't mind taking him if he's available at 46.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Gurianov's stats are worse than Kucherov in his draft year,but has size.Wouldn't mind taking him if he's available at 46.
don't think his skillset is as high as kucherov (at this point) but does have other things going for him. and (not trying to upset the red ) geno doesn't need a super star to play with. he could end up a slight up grade over neal.
edit; never mind the latest polls have him moved up from where he was.....he'll never make it to us.

Last edited:

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
don't think his skillset is as high as kucherov (at this point) but does have other things going for him. and (not trying to upset the red ) geno doesn't need a super star to play with. he could end up a slight up grade over neal.
edit; never mind the latest polls have him moved up from where he was.....he'll never make it to us.
He might be available.I mean,Kucherov was picked at what?58?:nod:

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Always hilarious how some people can't see a single difference between one team and the another.

Let's see now: one team keeps getting embarrassed EARLY in the spring by always going back to the veteran well, thus not earning the benefit of the doubt for ANY decision the staff makes.

The other team is 3 games away from winning the Stanley Cup. Granted, I think Morrow should be on the bench, but Cooper has EARNED the right to do what he's doing based on how successful his season has been. Right now Cooper can show up to the arena in assless chaps with a whip and as a Lightning fan I'd sit back and say, "Man, they're so close to winning, this may be the smart thing to do."
With hockey being so over coached now, at least by the winning teams, you would think the Pens would be OK with coaching kids and relying less on experience.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
In Mackey's blog he said 1st round picks are so valuable that teams are talking about potential boom prospects in the 2nd round.

So good on GMJR for keeping his 2015 2nd, hopefully he can acquire a couple more 2nds if there are that many good prospects in the round.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
In Mackey's blog he said 1st round picks are so valuable that teams are talking about potential boom prospects in the 2nd round.

So good on GMJR for keeping his 2015 2nd, hopefully he can acquire a couple more 2nds if there are that many good prospects in the round.

naturally! the yr. all good gm's are stockpiling picks, we have given ours away.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
naturally! the yr. all good gm's are stockpiling picks, we have given ours away.

Well Ray Shero and Jim Rutherford are not good GM's :laugh:

It does sting seeing we would have had the 16th overall pick, the lowest Penguins pick since 2nd overall in 2006 (not including the 8th pick acquired by the Canes) but we traded it for Perron.

I'm high on Perron, I think he'll be a good winger for us and he helps us now instead of potentially 3 to 5 years from now like a draft pick. However, it was definitely overpayment. On the other hand, 26 year old top 6 wingers don't grow on trees and aren't normally traded in January and we were able to acquire one for a draft pick so there's that. It's a bittersweet trade.

The 3rd for Goc was on Shero, the 4th in the Winnik trade is no big deal.

The good thing is we have players to move that can help us get some picks, Spaling and Kunitz could get us 3rd round picks, maybe a 2nd for Kunitz. If we don't acquire a roster player for Sutter, we could trade him for picks. 2nd + 3rd or whatever.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Good on JR for just being mostly a moron, not a colossal one? Man our expectations have fallen.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Well Ray Shero and Jim Rutherford are not good GM's :laugh:

you think?

The good thing is we have players to move that can help us get some picks, Spaling and Kunitz could get us 3rd round picks, maybe a 2nd for Kunitz. If we don't acquire a roster player for Sutter, we could trade him for picks. 2nd + 3rd or whatever.

the bad thing is we let better players walk for nothing.....cause we were all in. or something like that

BigBenSF*

I don't think that Guryanov will make it to 46, I've seen him scattered in terms of rankings and I think a team will take him early.

If Anthony Beauvillier or Gabriel Gagne make it to 46, we should be all over it. Pretty much the exact opposites in terms of play and size, as Beauvillier is a small guy but a scoring force and Gagne is a huge PWF, but both could be guys that end up in the top 6.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't think that Guryanov will make it to 46, I've seen him scattered in terms of rankings and I think a team will take him early.

If Anthony Beauvillier or Gabriel Gagne make it to 46, we should be all over it. Pretty much the exact opposites in terms of play and size, as Beauvillier is a small guy but a scoring force and Gagne is a huge PWF, but both could be guys that end up in the top 6.

Yea, he won't be around @ 46, guarenteed.

One late round guy i like is Alexandre Goulet(ranked #166 NA skaters):
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=151108

Big, can scrap and has a scoring touch. Played with Sprong in the QMJHL.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Good on JR for just being mostly a moron, not a colossal one? Man our expectations have fallen.

Yup. And of course, there's still time for him to trade the pick. :sarcasm:

The name I still really want in Round 2 is big Russian center Alexander Dergachev. It's likely impossible that a guy like Paul Bittner falls to us, and there are several sleeper types who could still be there when we select.

But I think Dergachev could be a home run.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
how hard would it be to move up a little in the second? it should be easer than trying to get a first, and there seems to be some first round types still there.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
how hard would it be to move up a little in the second? it should be easer than trying to get a first, and there seems to be some first round types still there.

Probably our pick and maybe one of the 3rds from next year? Maybe a later round pick too or equivalent player.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
We could use a prospect to get a 2nd rounder, or a pick+prospect to move up.
And im not living in the fantasy world where Sutter gets us a top 6 winger. So i would be fine trading him to the oilers for their highest pick in the 2nd round (i think 32 OA).

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
We could use a prospect to get a 2nd rounder, or a pick+prospect to move up.
And im not living in the fantasy world where Sutter gets us a top 6 winger. So i would be fine trading him to the oilers for their highest pick in the 2nd round (i think 32 OA).

I think that's our best shot........should still be some good players left....we have all seen the charts on success rates rd. 1 vs rd 2 and this is the yr. for a no. of guys being left in the early going of the 2nd round.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This team has what, 4 picks?

Take 2 FWDs and 2 D...call it a day. At this point, I don't care if its BPA or off the sheet.

The Pens can add to the picks if they move guys like Sutter & Spaling to desperate teams that want to bolster their bottom 6.

For me, I target Vancouver specifically. They are losing Matthias and Richardson but now have Sedin, Bonino, Horvat, and likely Vey as their 4 down the middle, so I would sell them on Spaling for Kassian and call that a day (Spaling is more of what Willie seems to want).

That's a 200k savings, but a guy that could thrive on the Pens.

As for Sutter...there are quite a few teams that could want him and pay up a 2nd + young winger.

The Pens are not moving up to pick in the 1st round, people know how despearte JR is, we'll get gouged and then this place has more to ***** about.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad