Speculation: 2015 NHL Entry Draft

displacedpensfan

Dec 23, 2008
Now that we are out of the playoffs, it is as good a time as any to start discussing what we're going to do at the draft this year. Based upon where our first selection will be in the mid second round, there are a pair of forwards who I think could be steals at that selection. At that point in the draft, they both come with flaws, but they're flaws I could live with.

My preferred pick is LW Jordan Greenway-he's an absolute beast at 6'5" and 222 pounds. He's supposedly a pretty good skater and with his size he wins a lot of board battles. He's also lacking a great release and can play a bit inconsistently. More than a few scouts have said that he's a Top 10 talent if he can learn to be a more regular performer. Of late, we've been lacking in the power forward department, and while Greenway is a bit of a project, I'm pretty sure he'd be worth it.

The other guy who I think is worth the risk is RW Nikita Korostlev, who plays for Sarnia in the OHL. The summary on him is much shorter and to the point-he's got all of the offensive skills that you can't teach, but his defensive skills are sorely lacking. He'll either be a giant hit or an enormous bust, but if you had him playing shotgun on Malkin's wing, then that's a risk worth taking,

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I could see Greenway being around when we pick but he seems like the type who will be snagged early in the 2nd.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I just hope we still have our second rounder by the time Draft Day rolls around. After all, good ol' JR might need to include it in the reacquisition of Jordan Staal.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'm hoping we still move Sutter, and I'm hoping he can bring back a late 1st rounder.

Both extremely far stretches.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I just hope we still have our second rounder by the time Draft Day rolls around. After all, good ol' JR might need to include it in the reacquisition of Jordan Staal.

He'll probably do it to bring back Tyler Kennedy.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I liked what I saw in A.J. Greer. A big man that skates well and plays with an edge. Didn't produce a lot for Boston University this season, but the potential is there. Noah Bushnell is a tough SOB that would be a nice pick in the later rounds.

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Someone mentioned in another thread about maybe trading Kunitz to recoup a pick. Honestly, if we want to get ahead of ourselves and slot Sundqvist/Spaling as 3c, I wonder what combo of picks/prospects for Kunitz and Sutter could get us. 2nd+3rd? 2nd+mid level prospect? 2nd+depth forward?

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Filip Ahl is the guy that I'd most like the Pens to take in the second round. He's 17 and already 6'4" 215 lbs. He would look great with either Geno or Sid and is more NHL ready than most because of his size.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Is there any good lists that have the top 50-60 guys?
Most of the ones i see only have the first round or 30 picks.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Is there any good lists that have the top 50-60 guys?
Most of the ones i see only have the first round or 30 picks.

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2015/

Is one Place. Theres also a lot or rankings going top-100 or so. But everyone ranks them differentyl so you might have to research more than 1 list.

Im so dissapointed in us throwing away picks. I usually do a lot of research of the draft, picking up hard after the trade deadline. But this year, i just cant bring myself to it with u´s having so few picks. We doesnt even have a 3rd or 4th where its hard, but not impossible to find a steal. So that basicly means we only have one pick, our 2nd rounder.

IF we somehow unload some player/s for pick/s Before the draft i will ofc jump into it and study the prospects a bit more.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
There will be a Penguins´ trade at the draft. I think that it includes Beau Bennett. Unfortunately, I think that game 2 in the playoffs saved Kunitz´s **s for another year.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I hope we trade Scuderi and Kunitz for some picks. 2/3 rounders would be nice.

If we could move Scuderi for a 7th while taking half his salary back it would be amazing. Thinking we could get back a decent pick fir Scuds is boardering on insanity.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00