2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
My biggest nightmare is if the Leafs land McDavid. I swear, I will stop watching hockey if that happens.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm really OK with either player. The good thing about strome is he is a big center. Mariner will probably be a RW but will score more than Strome can't go wrong with either. But we are playing ourselves out of their range

That is a nice bonus especially in this division.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yes this. And it will be a complete nightmare for the kid. The media and fans are jerks.

He's from Canada, he will be treated like God there. He will have no problem playing for the Leafs, but saying that, he better not go there.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I recommend the shift by shift videos on YouTube, they really show a player's game well. Just on highlights I preferred marner but after watching each play a whole games worth of shifts I like strome more. It's just one game so sample size is small but way better than highlights.

I give the (slight) edge to Strome as well simply because he will play center at the NHL level. Marner could very well move over to wing. We desperately need a grade-A center prospect.

I'm bigger than strome but I can't play hockey worth a damn haha.

Is that you, Dave Moss? :P

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I give the (slight) edge to Strome as well simply because he will play center at the NHL level. Marner could very well move over to wing. We desperately need a grade-A center prospect.

Over the line man, you don't call someone Dave moss. I'm going to go go cry in the corner now.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If we're not able to receive Strome or Marner as consolation for this garbage year of hockey, I will be very frustrated to say the least.

I lump Barzal in there ahead of Marner and even with Strome, but I know this is not the consensus opinion (I also admit I've payed a lot less attention to hockey this season than last, and my viewing has been extremely limited).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I lump Barzal in there ahead of Marner and even with Strome, but I know this is not the consensus opinion (I also admit I've payed a lot less attention to hockey this season than last, and my viewing has been extremely limited).

Ask hbk for his opinion, he is pretty spot on with the junior players.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ

Come on, man. Matozzi said he sucks at hockey. How could he be Dave Mo...oh wait.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Haven't seen enough of Barzal; however his reputation is that of a slick playmaker. We need that element desperately at C.

Exactly why I don't want Marner. Sure, he's a great prospect. But we need a center. Marner is way too small to be playing center, especially in this division.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Would anyone fret if OEL were dealt for the 1st over all this year? Would that be enough?

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Depending on who lands Eichel you may be able to move OEL for him. But im not sure I'd make that move. Tough choice.

I would, if we can be assured to pick Hanafin with our own pick;

Hanafin @ 3 is a much better pick than Marner or Strome. I don't think we can pass that up. If we can even the positions up by moving OEL for a franchise center (along with assumed resigning of Yandle), we should.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Exactly why I don't want Marner. Sure, he's a great prospect. But we need a center. Marner is way too small to be playing center, especially in this division.

I don't think we have enough talent to pass on BPA for positional need.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
I don't think we have enough talent to pass on BPA for positional need.

Right; at this point, we really need to think about BPA, there is no way we can rebuild a franchise thinking about short-terms goals such as competing in the division as currently is structured. That's just incredibly short-sides, and likely won't end well.

If we end up at #4, Marner needs to be a strong, if not the top, consideration. If we are at 3, we should 100% take Hanafin; there is no way we can allow him to pass up. It's not like it would be hard to trade a franchise D for a major piece in the future. And Yandle may well be on his way to another team (and could potentially bring back a young stud F), so getting Hanafin when he's available would only be prudent.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Right; at this point, we really need to think about BPA, there is no way we can rebuild a franchise thinking about short-terms goals such as competing in the division as currently is structured. That's just incredibly short-sides, and likely won't end well.

If we end up at #4, Marner needs to be a strong, if not the top, consideration. If we are at 3, we should 100% take Hanafin; there is no way we can allow him to pass up. It's not like it would be hard to trade a franchise D for a major piece in the future. And Yandle may well be on his way to another team (and could potentially bring back a young stud F), so getting Hanafin when he's available would only be prudent.

It is very debatable that Hanafin is a clear-cut BPA over StroMarner - I certainly think Marner is the third best player in the draft behind McD and Eichel. And it is far easier said than done in trading a D to address a need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad