2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Of course not. If I was picking at #3, I would pick a forward, but I guess that would depend if there were any other trades worked out before hand.

If we have the #3 pick, the only way we should move it is to go up to the top 2. If a deal can't be worked, we stand pat and choose BPA given discussions on moving other players. I'd rather have the best choice of the next tier than attempt to move back in any way.

If season ended today, what players would be involved to move up and what teams would be our best trade partners?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
What if you thought the best choice of the next tier is available at #5 or #6?

All the more so, b/c if there is a tier that ends with 2 players, clearly there is enough of a divide between the next rating of 5-8? 10? 12?

The top 2 are the top 2, and if the next tier was 5 or 6 deep, I'd have far more tolerance in moving back. That being said, I actually think that there is a chance to get a player at #3 than can see NHL time next year. That chance lessens considerably if we have the 6th pick, for sure. The 4th and 5th pick, hard to say. I think Hanifin is the obvious #3. I do feel like Marner could make incredible sense if Domi is up and they see some NHL time to start the year, so call me leaning towards Marner as a forward. I also think Strome needs more time to grow into his body. We have to be so convinced that a specific player will end up at #5 to risk that and I would rather take all the guesswork out by holding at #3.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don't think Marner and Domi are a good fit together. Marner and Dvorak on the other hand are like peanut butter and jelly.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Toronto has extreme talent on their team, they'll get out of the funk soon and starting winning at a greater clip than the Yotes, not to worry.

I'm worried about catching NJ and Columbus.

Edmonton is playing better, Carolina is certainly playing better, with any luck we could be back in the bottom 2. Especially if Vermette is no longer with us and that should be in 2 weeks.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Toronto has extreme talent on their team, they'll get out of the funk soon and starting winning at a greater clip than the Yotes, not to worry.

Their management has poisoned an already ****** room on purpose. It's working. I wouldn't count on it.

Bps21*

I don't think Marner and Domi are a good fit together. Marner and Dvorak on the other hand are like peanut butter and jelly.

Marner and Domi can't be together. When marner is without him he looks like the best player in the world. When he's with him he stands there waiting for a pass that never comes as Domi skates in circles before taking a poor percentage shot.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Marner and Domi can't be together. When marner is without him he looks like the best player in the world. When he's with him he stands there waiting for a pass that never comes as Domi skates in circles before taking a poor percentage shot.
Domi-Hanzal (or traded pieces)-Boeds
Perlini-Dvorak-Marner
Rieder-Gaudet/MacInnis-Sammy
Lessio-Vitale-???

It's starting to come together.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
If we have the #3 pick, the only way we should move it is to go up to the top 2. If a deal can't be worked, we stand pat and choose BPA given discussions on moving other players. I'd rather have the best choice of the next tier than attempt to move back in any way.

If season ended today, what players would be involved to move up and what teams would be our best trade partners?

If we're at 3 hanifin would be the bpa. In that case see who is high on hanifin within reason (move to 4 or 5) and take marner or Strome.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I looked up some strome highlights and I've gotta say his skating isn't that bad. Unusual yes but he's not really a bad skater so much as average. Sick hands, great vision great positioning, I think I like him over marner now.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I looked up some strome highlights and I've gotta say his skating isn't that bad. Unusual yes but he's not really a bad skater so much as average. Sick hands, great vision great positioning, I think I like him over marner now.

To me Strome's greatest assets are his IQ and size. On top of this he has a natural, unpolished, toolbox. I've seen him make amazing plays, and I've seen him be invisible (despite being a half a foot taller then his competition)

I think he can be molded into a 1C quickly. I think Marner can be a 1C but had a better chance being a top winger.

Things change though.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
To me Strome's greatest assets are his IQ and size. On top of this he has a natural, unpolished, toolbox. I've seen him make amazing plays, and I've seen him be invisible (despite being a half a foot taller then his competition)

I think he can be molded into a 1C quickly. I think Marner can be a 1C but had a better chance being a top winger.

Things change though.
Let's hope we have a shot of the Strome or Marner, unless we land McDavid. The Toronto tank is coming on strong!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Things change though.

I found shift by shift isolation videos on him and marner, they were awesome. Strome has some insane passing skills. After watching his and the marner one back to back I still prefer strome a bit, but marner is really slick too. I'd be very happy with either one after seeing strome in action.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Let's hope we have a shot of the Strome or Marner, unless we land McDavid. The Toronto tank is coming on strong!

Seriously, missing out on McEchiel would be terrible but then missing strome or marner on top of that would make me cry.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
If we're not able to receive Strome or Marner as consolation for this garbage year of hockey, I will be very frustrated to say the least.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I recommend the shift by shift videos on YouTube, they really show a player's game well. Just on highlights I preferred marner but after watching each play a whole games worth of shifts I like strome more. It's just one game so sample size is small but way better than highlights.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm really OK with either player. The good thing about strome is he is a big center. Mariner will probably be a RW but will score more than Strome can't go wrong with either. But we are playing ourselves out of their range

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He doesn't play small at least and he had tons of skill and skating. I'm bigger than strome but I can't play hockey worth a damn haha.

Man oh man, I'm not going to tangle with you on this boards every again!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad