2015 NHL Entry Draft Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
He is the classic Boom/Bust prospect.

He could be great but I see him as a bottom pairing guy at best.

Heck, look at Morin and how he is struggling.

I think the league is moving towards guys that are slightly smaller. 6'2 Range but are very very mobile.

What hurt Morin/Tinordi type is how slow they are at moving the puck. I was shocked to hear the talk of Morin as a top-15 pick back in 2013. On my personal board he was an early 2nd round guy, love the size-agility and toughness but hockey sense and decision making were major flaws to me.

Tinordi will be a 3rd pair/PK type of guy on the backend if he makes it at the NHL level. Similar to Carlo potential imo, can he be a top 4 guy ? not sold.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
What hurt Morin/Tinordi type is how slow they are at moving the puck. I was shocked to hear the talk of Morin as a top-15 pick back in 2013. On my personal board he was an early 2nd round guy, love the size-agility and toughness but hockey sense and decision making were major flaws to me.

Tinordi will be a 3rd pair/PK type of guy on the backend if he makes it at the NHL level. Similar to Carlo potential imo, can he be a top 4 guy ? not sold.

People crave size in D men though and EVERY year there is a huge guy that goes way higher then he should.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
:laugh: please tell me your are joking.

Sustr sucks. Plenty of others huge Dman are doing well.

It depends on what your criterias are. If a huge dman is anyone above 6'3 then the list grows, if it's anyone above 6'5 then the list is rather small. In terms of top 60 picks post-lockout the list is rather thin.

For every Tyler Myers/John Carlsson/Jeff Petry/Marco Scandella/Patrick Wiercioch/Simon Despres/Victor Hedman/Jon Merrill, you got a Alex Plante, Keaton Ellerby, Mark Mitera, Nick Petricki, Colton Teubert, Yann Sauve, Colby Robak, Eric Mestery, Tim Erixon, Mat Clark, Brett Ponich, Taylor Doherty, etc.

Then you have fringe guys like John Moore, David Rundblad, Jared Cowen, Jarred Tinordi, Jamie Oleksiak, Brian Dumoulin, Eric Gelinas, Dylan McIlrath, Derek Forbort, Alex Petrovic, Patrik Nemeth, Martin Marincin, Mark Alt.

It's been proven that picking a guy like Gudbransson or Schenn in the top 5 is a dumb investment. You can find gems like Petry, Scandella or Merrill in the second round.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
It depends on what your criterias are. If a huge dman is anyone above 6'3 then the list grows, if it's anyone above 6'5 then the list is rather small. In terms of top 60 picks post-lockout the list is rather thin.

For every Tyler Myers/John Carlsson/Jeff Petry/Marco Scandella/Patrick Wiercioch/Simon Despres/Victor Hedman/Jon Merrill, you got a Alex Plante, Keaton Ellerby, Mark Mitera, Nick Petricki, Colton Teubert, Yann Sauve, Colby Robak, Eric Mestery, Tim Erixon, Mat Clark, Brett Ponich, Taylor Doherty, etc.

Then you have fringe guys like John Moore, David Rundblad, Jared Cowen, Jarred Tinordi, Jamie Oleksiak, Brian Dumoulin, Eric Gelinas, Dylan McIlrath, Derek Forbort, Alex Petrovic, Patrik Nemeth, Martin Marincin, Mark Alt.

It's been proven that picking a guy like Gudbransson or Schenn in the top 5 is a dumb investment. You can find gems like Petry, Scandella or Merrill in the second round.

You need to have an excellent package to pick a guy in the first. Morin had size but has other difficulties that will be hard to overcome.

Tinner had size and speed but his IQ is terribad and his passing as a result is poor too.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
trading-down-too.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad