2015 NHL Entry Draft Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Columbus is definitely a suitable trade partner to move down. They might want to get a late first to draft local boy Jack Roslevic who's expected to be picked around our pick. 34 + 68 for the 26 + 2016 third round pick.

Not sure that the swap of 3rd round picks is enough to justify going down 8 positions with our first. 68th overall may not be that much of an improvement over our 2016 3rd-rounder which could be around 80th overall.

How about 34 + 68 for our 26 + our 2015 fifth rounder?

Moving down could be interesting in our situation, but I don't think they'll do it. At 26, they will have a player in mind that they will very much like. Letting 8 more teams draft before you (moving down with Columbus) means their player will most likely be off the board at their new spot. All that to get another pick? A case could be by moving down with Buffalo, but I think Columbus is too far.

The rankings after the top ten or fifteen should be taken with a huge grain salt. The players are quite tightly grouped. It could very well be that Timmons guesses that the player he has his eye on will still be there at 36th. Let's say it is Cernak or Siegenthaler or Novak or Chlapik or Yan. Why not trade down and pick up another solid prospect?

In another thread, Habs fans are being asked to vote for the team's pick from among the players left after the the other teams' fans have chose 1-15. Most votes are going to Sprong, Bittner and Julssen. The best of what's left at 26...according to the HF armchair GMS. Frankly, I'd rather go with any one of dozens of possible tandems that could be obtained by trading down, such as:

Cernak and Garland
Siegenthaler and Beauviller
Chlapik and Yan
Novak and Brisebois

Invent your own!

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Unless the idea is for this management to get a C....but to see how hesitant they are with Galchy....and how not hesitant they were with DLR....they might be looking at a 2-way C.

Jansen Harkins might very well be our 1st rounder. Chlapik could have been another one, yet, skating wise, he's below Harkins.

Remains to be seen if both guys will be able to be more than 3rd liner in the NHL though.....

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
The rankings after the top ten or fifteen should be taken with a huge grain salt. The players are quite tightly grouped. It could very well be that Timmons guesses that the player he has his eye on will still be there at 36th. Let's say it is Cernak or Siegenthaler or Novak or Chlapik or Yan. Why not trade down and pick up another solid prospect?

In another thread, Habs fans are being asked to vote for the team's pick from among the players left after the the other teams' fans have chose 1-15. Most votes are going to Sprong, Bittner and Julssen. The best of what's left at 26...according to the HF armchair GMS. Frankly, I'd rather go with any one of dozens of possible tandems that could be obtained by trading down, such as:

Cernak and Garland
Chlapik and Yan
Novak and Brisebois

Invent your own!
Even if there's a drop after the top 12 and and player are not too different from each other between 15 and 50, I'm sure a player ranked higher on the Habs list will be available at 26...and that player would probably not be available in the second round. Timmins' list will be quite different from the TSN list, or any list for that matter so Timmins will probably get a player from his top 20 at 26...it's always like that.

There's always a player that you like better than the other, and at the end of a round, it's hard to take calculated risk like they did in the past...

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Even if there's a drop after the top 12 and and player are not too different from each other between 15 and 50, I'm sure a player ranked higher on the Habs list will be available at 26...and that player would probably not be available in the second round. Timmins' list will be quite different from the TSN list, or any list for that matter so Timmins will probably get a player from his top 20 at 26...it's always like that.

There's always a player that you like better than the other, and at the end of a round, it's hard to take calculated risk like they did in the past...

Unless the Habs are sitting at their table thinking "I cannot believe that our guy is still available at 26! What luck!", it may make more sense to get two prospects for the price of one.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=40210

Connor is apparently another one of those ''as good at school stuff as he is on the ice'' type. He mentions the university of Michigan in the brief thing as well, so whatever hope Saginaw might have had to bring him to the OHL seams to be dead. I'll make Whitesnake and his beloved Wolverine happy at least ;)

It's fun to get another fandom's perspective sometimes so for those looking for some reading material here's a few mocks from some Calgary Flames article writers .
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=769750

Last edited:

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Cernak and Garland
Chlapik and Yan
Novak and Brisebois

Invent your own!

Beauvillier and Meloche

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Who is Christian Fischer? Ranked 37 in CS final list.

6'1 RW, plays in the USA U-18.

What are the reports on him?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Fischer is rising big time, my guess is he goes to Buffalo at 31

A two-way power forward that specializes in consistency. Skates very well, and accelerates rapidly both forward, on the attack, and backward, on the backcheck. Possesses a quick wrist shot that is very accurate, and is also able to release a bomb of a slapshot. Very well-rounded offensive game, with some flare thrown in at times. Always aware of positioning, as that seems to be a concentrated area of his game. Not afraid to get physical, and exhibits a solid amount of grit every game. All-in-all, a consistent, responsible, and complete forward that can be counted on to step up in the game's key moments. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Fischer may have third-line potential. Likely to go in the 50-70 range..but may go a little higher. I don't see him necessarily "rising"...he had a better 5 Nations Cup in Feb. than U-18 in April.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=40210

Connor is apparently another one of those ''as good at school stuff as he is on the ice'' type. He mentions the university of Michigan in the brief thing as well, so whatever hope Saginaw might have had to bring him to the OHL seams to be dead. I'll make Whitesnake and his beloved Wolverine happy at least ;)

It's fun to get another fandom's perspective sometimes so for those looking for some reading material here's a few mocks from some Calgary Flames article writers .
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=769750

Can't wait to see what Kyle will do in Michigan. Love that team.....always gives me a reason to keep watching them! Just hope that the Habs gives me another incentive....Surely won't be Connor....but Marody? Warren? Boka? Cecconi? There are quite a few talented prospects coming. And surely those guys will be available when we pick starting in the 3rd round. Cecconi would surely fit well in the 3rd or 4th. Think of a better skating Greg Pateryn. Maybe slightly less physical d-man but doesn't back away on the contrary. 3-5th round for Marody. Wonder what Boka's value will be after U-18.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Can't wait to see what Kyle will do in Michigan. Love that team.....always gives me a reason to keep watching them! Just hope that the Habs gives me another incentive....Surely won't be Connor....but Marody? Warren? Boka? Cecconi? There are quite a few talented prospects coming. And surely those guys will be available when we pick starting in the 3rd round. Cecconi would surely fit well in the 3rd or 4th. Think of a better skating Greg Pateryn. Maybe slightly less physical d-man but doesn't back away on the contrary. 3-5th round for Marody. Wonder what Boka's value will be after U-18.

Marody is an intriguing , wild card type of pick. He's already got two productive years under his belt in the USHL. He was a PPG contributor in the playoffs. I wish I knew more about the kid but I can't do more than look at his stats, he never played in any international tourney that I could have seen. Definitely worth a look in the fourth round if he makes it there. Cecconi was a teamate of Marody in the USHL incidentally. A lot of freshmen for the Wolverine next year though, I don't know how much playing time everybody will get.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Marody is an intriguing , wild card type of pick. He's already got two productive years under his belt in the USHL. He was a PPG contributor in the playoffs. I wish I knew more about the kid but I can't do more than look at his stats, he never played in any international tourney that I could have seen. Definitely worth a look in the fourth round if he makes it there. Cecconi was a teamate of Marody in the USHL incidentally. A lot of freshmen for the Wolverine next year though, I don't know how much playing time everybody will get.

Yeah well that's a good question.

Let just say that on D, the regular roster spots will go to:
Werenski, De Jong, Downing, Lohan and Martin. I think there's evidently 1 battle left for the regular 6. And guys like Lohan and Martin might lose their job or be sometimes replaced by the younger guys.

Up front, well those guys are the regulars:
Calderone, Compher, Connor, Copp, Kile, Larkin, Motte, Nieves and Selman. Leaves 3 spots for the kids, but then guys like Shuart and Dancs played regularly last year. And there are others.

Tough competition in Michigan....as always.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah well that's a good question.

Let just say that on D, the regular roster spots will go to:
Werenski, De Jong, Downing, Lohan and Martin. I think there's evidently 1 battle left for the regular 6. And guys like Lohan and Martin might lose their job or be sometimes replaced by the younger guys.

Up front, well those guys are the regulars:
Calderone, Compher, Connor, Copp, Kile, Larkin, Motte, Nieves and Selman. Leaves 3 spots for the kids, but then guys like Shuart and Dancs played regularly last year. And there are others.

Tough competition in Michigan....as always.

You can scratch Larkin from the list since the Wings gave him an ELC. Werenski MIGHT switch to London, though the rumors seems to have subsided. Hard lineup to crack for the frechmen still, definitely. It always is, one of the hardest with BC and BU.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Fischer is rising big time, my guess is he goes to Buffalo at 31

A two-way power forward that specializes in consistency. Skates very well, and accelerates rapidly both forward, on the attack, and backward, on the backcheck. Possesses a quick wrist shot that is very accurate, and is also able to release a bomb of a slapshot. Very well-rounded offensive game, with some flare thrown in at times. Always aware of positioning, as that seems to be a concentrated area of his game. Not afraid to get physical, and exhibits a solid amount of grit every game. All-in-all, a consistent, responsible, and complete forward that can be counted on to step up in the game's key moments. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

He sounds a lot like a Timmins pick. American kid with lots of tools who is a riser and is a fringe 1st rounder. If he competes hard and has a great attitude, I'd put my money on this guy being our pick at 26.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
He sounds a lot like a Timmins pick. American kid with lots of tools who is a riser and is a fringe 1st rounder. If he competes hard and has a great attitude, I'd put my money on this guy being our pick at 26.

Fringe second rounder would be more accurate IMO. I'd hold on to your cash.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
I agree, if Beauvillier is available you take him and run IMHO, I don't think he'll slip past the 1st round and he's the real deal, very few red flags with him. I know some people who have worked @Antoine-Girouard (AB's Midget AAA club) with him and they cant say enough good things about this kid.

Even if Roy's available I'd rather go Beauvillier and it's not about needs, I'm just much more convinced with the former, some people claim Roy to be the next Letang but these two's skating level isn't even close, technically maybe but Roy's explosion will never even come close to Letang's and I don't think Letang would be anywhere as good if it wasn't for his first couple steps that are probably top 10 in the world. I've been on the ice with both and I would not call Roy's skating effortless ala KL. Letang's fitness is also very hard to match, he's strong as a bull and I'm not sure Roy will ever be on his level physically. I also have my doubts about Roy's personal environment, is it toxic? Maybe not right now as he's always had it easy based on talent alone but if he struggles at any point in the next couple years I think it could become a concern.

Trading down for Beauvillier is risky if he's our guy, unless TT knows things we don't which is a strong possibility. I just feel like Beauvillier is one of those guys that we'll look at in a couple years and go: "How the hell did he last all the way to 26 when he put up 90+ points and something like 30 pts over the 2nd scorer on his team in his draft year." Kinda like the Giroux pick, no they are not similar as someone suggested earlier but what if.

Hey, I know it's a little OT since this is a 2015 draft thread, but since you know guys who work at Antoine Girouard, could you tell me what you/they think of Joel Teasdale of the Armada? He'll be available in the 2017 NHL draft.

And btw, where did you hear Roy had a toxic environment? Not that I don't trust you, but never heard it before.

And me too I am really high on Beauvillier. At this point, I don't think his size matter since he is not really tinny and he plays bigger than he is.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
i forgot to mention i wasn't necessarily talking about only the 1st round, although i respect your opinion i think carlo will end up being quite the player.

He is the classic Boom/Bust prospect.

He could be great but I see him as a bottom pairing guy at best.

Heck, look at Morin and how he is struggling.

I think the league is moving towards guys that are slightly smaller. 6'2 Range but are very very mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad