2015 NHL Entry Draft Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Continued from,

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/sh....php?t=1880581

This is Pronman's mock draft pick for the Habs.

26. Montreal Canadiens

Rasmus Andersson, D, Barrie (OHL)

DOB: 10/27/96 | Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 209
2014-15 GP: 67 | G: 12 | A: 52

Rasmus Andersson is an offensively powerful D-man. Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images

The Habs could really use a natural center in their system, and barring a trade, taking another wing seems to be adding too much depth to that spot. The transition this season of 2013 first-round pick Michael McCarron from wing to center in the OHL may alleviate some of those issues, but we'll see if he can stick at the position in the pros.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
This is Pronman's mock draft pick for the Habs.

26. Montreal Canadiens

Rasmus Andersson, D, Barrie (OHL)

DOB: 10/27/96 | Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 209
2014-15 GP: 67 | G: 12 | A: 52

Rasmus Andersson is an offensively powerful D-man. Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images

The Habs could really use a natural center in their system, and barring a trade, taking another wing seems to be adding too much depth to that spot. The transition this season of 2013 first-round pick Michael McCarron from wing to center in the OHL may alleviate some of those issues, but we'll see if he can stick at the position in the pros.

i would be unhappy to say the least

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd be livid if we ended up with Andersson.. He's not even the best Swedish D man available then.

Bland, yuck, gross.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
I'd be livid if we ended up with Andersson.. He's not even the best Swedish D man available then.

Bland, yuck, gross.

Same. I'd take Zboril, Chabot, Juulsen, Roy, Carlo, Larsson, Siegenthaler and Kylington before him. But I don't think Andersson is that high on Timmins' list.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Bob McKenzie just sent me a note about McKeen's rankings...he's almost done his rankings for TSN...and he said he just had a look at our final rankings for McKeen's..which I sent to him last week. He says the two lists are "ridiculously similar."

McKeen's Draft Guide will be out next week. We have a top 125 along with 50 or so honourable mentions.

Here is the top 15 - as per usual.. I am giving you rabid draft followers the first glimpse...even though some of you drive me crazy at times. ;)

1 Connor McDavid
2 Jack Eichel
3 Noah Hanifin
4 Mitchell Marner
5 Ivan Provorov
6 Pavel Zacha
7 Mikko Rantanen
8 Dylan Strome
9 Zach Werenski
10 Lawson Crouse
11 Mathew Barzal
12 Kyle Connor
13 Timo Meier
14 Travis Konecny
15 Nick Merkley

I am working on a mock draft right now for the publication..and also just completed ten "Best Of" categories which will be in the guide as well.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
What's up with guys that need to be signed before June 1st 2015 ?

Any news ? I know that Gabryel Boudreau (SJ) was told that he will return to the draft but what about the rest ?

ARI Laplante, Yan-Pavel (Last news, he's becoming UFA)
ARI Burke, Brendan
BOS Dempsey, Mitchell
BUF Locke, Eric (Relased)
CGY Roy, Eric
CAR Pedersen, Brent
CAR Ganly, Tyler
DET Wheaton, Mitch
DET McNulty, Marc
EDM Roy, Marco (Last news, he's becoming UFA)
EDM Houck, Jackson (Last news, he's becoming UFA)
FLA Clapperton, Christopher
LAK Kubalik, Dominik (returning to the draft)
MIN Belanger, Alexandre
NAS Veilleux, Tommy
NJD Bell, Myles (Signed by AHL team)
SJS Boudreau, Gabryel (returning to the draft)
VAN Liberati, Miles (Unlikely to be signed)
WAS Heinrich, Blake

Originally taken from the Prospect Signing Thread, in the Prospects forum.

I remember the hype for Boudreau and Laplante, seems it was overblown a bit. Still, while not advocating to draft them, inviting Laplante to the camp would be neat. Boudreau, as a 6th or 7th rounder, perhaps ? There are many interesting prospects this year though, even as far as that...

I guess Eric Roy will be signed (CGY would honestly be dumb not to), but if not, hope we get him somehow...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I wouldn't mind taking Boudreau in the 7th round if he's still there. Had a decent playoffs even though he missed the entire year. Ask Gregoire if he's worth the time. Had to have been something there to be drafted in the 2nd round the first time around.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
What's up with guys that need to be signed before June 1st 2015 ?

Any news ? I know that Gabryel Boudreau (SJ) was told that he will return to the draft but what about the rest ?

ARI Laplante, Yan-Pavel (Last news, he's becoming UFA)
ARI Burke, Brendan
BOS Dempsey, Mitchell
BUF Locke, Eric (Relased)
CGY Roy, Eric
CAR Pedersen, Brent
CAR Ganly, Tyler
DET Wheaton, Mitch
DET McNulty, Marc
EDM Roy, Marco (Last news, he's becoming UFA)
EDM Houck, Jackson (Last news, he's becoming UFA)
FLA Clapperton, Christopher
LAK Kubalik, Dominik (returning to the draft)
MIN Belanger, Alexandre
NAS Veilleux, Tommy
NJD Bell, Myles (Signed by AHL team)
SJS Boudreau, Gabryel (returning to the draft)
VAN Liberati, Miles (Unlikely to be signed)
WAS Heinrich, Blake

Originally taken from the Prospect Signing Thread, in the Prospects forum.

I remember the hype for Boudreau and Laplante, seems it was overblown a bit. Still, while not advocating to draft them, inviting Laplante to the camp would be neat. Boudreau, as a 6th or 7th rounder, perhaps ? There are many interesting prospects this year though, even as far as that...

I guess Eric Roy will be signed (CGY would honestly be dumb not to), but if not, hope we get him somehow...

I highly doubt Laplante won't be signed by the Coyotes. Constant progress offensively, while always being reliable defensively and working his tail off.

Marc-Olivier Roy will be signed, the Oilers are really high on him, especially their analytic department. They left him in the 'Q because they knew he would be at the Memorial cup with Québec being the host.

Veilleux it could go both ways, but I would not draft him if he gets reinserted in the draft. If he's unclaimed, he'd be a nice invite.

One has to expect Clapperton will be signed, but we never know, the Panthers also didn't sign a former 'Nics in Beauvilier(Anthony's big brother) when they needed to.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Not a fan of rejects from other teams. Give them an invitation to the development camp and invite to the rookie camp if they do well. Re-eval at that point and time.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Bob McKenzie just sent me a note about McKeen's rankings...he's almost done his rankings for TSN...and he said he just had a look at our final rankings for McKeen's..which I sent to him last week. He says the two lists are "ridiculously similar."

McKeen's Draft Guide will be out next week. We have a top 125 along with 50 or so honourable mentions.

Here is the top 15 - as per usual.. I am giving you rabid draft followers the first glimpse...even though some of you drive me crazy at times. ;)

1 Connor McDavid
2 Jack Eichel
3 Noah Hanifin
4 Mitchell Marner
5 Ivan Provorov
6 Pavel Zacha
7 Mikko Rantanen
8 Dylan Strome
9 Zach Werenski
10 Lawson Crouse
11 Mathew Barzal
12 Kyle Connor
13 Timo Meier
14 Travis Konecny
15 Nick Merkley

I am working on a mock draft right now for the publication..and also just completed ten "Best Of" categories which will be in the guide as well.

I didn't know Zacha was valued so highly. He has an interesting package, that's for sure.

I agree with Strome being low, I just don't like him at all. Very talented, but such a disappointment when he needs to be relied upon.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I actually like Andersson, kid gets a bad rap for some reason. That being said, i easily have Dermott ahead of him. MVS and Andersson are quite close imo.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd have no problem with Andersson if he was picked. Loved him when he played with Malmö, but haven't seen much of him in Barrie. Pretty dynamic offensively and played with an edge in the Allsvenskan.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I actually like Andersson, kid gets a bad rap for some reason. That being said, i easily have Dermott ahead of him. MVS and Andersson are quite close imo.

I've been trying to figure out why he's been ranked so low in some publications. I can't find any clear, glaring weakness to explain it. He's not small, slow, lazy or soft. He ended the season with great numbers. Someone needs to explain that one to me.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've been trying to figure out why he's been ranked so low in some publications. I can't find any clear, glaring weakness to explain it. He's not small, slow, lazy or soft. He ended the season with great numbers. Someone needs to explain that one to me.

Because you can't find any glaring strength.

He's not big, fast, implicated or physical.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

skating, he has similar knocks that PK had in his draft year

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010

He's chubby...not a very good skater, not very good defensively...not very tall. Pronman is out to lunch on that choice...any of the scouts I have talked to about him wouldn't look at him before the third round...let alone the first. Don't like him.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
i remember it being size and skating, aswell as the issues that he still has (takes risks etc., albeit hes minimized those)

From what I remember, his size (his height, especially) was a concern, but skating wasn't, never was the fastest, but was pretty agile already. In his case, they said that although his name was PK Subban, there was hardly any PK in his game, cause defense was nearly non-existant from his game, and that was the major concern.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
From what I remember, his size (his height, especially) was a concern, but skating wasn't, never was the fastest, but was pretty agile already. In his case, they said that although his name was PK Subban, there was hardly any PK in his game, cause defense was nearly non-existant from his game, and that was the major concern.

yea i remember that PK thing :laugh:

Dec 2, 2010
He's pretty lazy defensively. Lots of work there. PP machine but not so much at ES. There are better choices at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad