Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Entry Draft Thread | It's The Final Countdown: TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Very true, they know first hand that it isn't wise unless that goalie is special. Which is why Price is the only goalie they've taken with their first pick since 1970.

Samsonov reminds me of Rask, I think Chia might take him. I would be more than fine with it. Kid looks amazing.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Samsonov reminds me of Rask, I think Chia might take him. I would be more than fine with it. Kid looks amazing.

In his last press conference Chiarelli specifically mentioned the possibility of using a second round pick to draft a goalie.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
There seems to be a lot more noise about Samsonov than any other Goaltender recently. I'm wondering if that's because his collection of skills has seriously impressed scouts or if he got a boost due to the fast rising star of Andrei Vasilevskiy.

I wouldn't be furious if they take Samsonov, but it sure seems like Svechnkov should be the guy. He seems to be a minor cut above the likes of Roy and Merkley in that spot.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I went to the dentist yesterday to get my teeth cleaned. The night before I had a dream that the dentist decided to remove all my teeth to prevent cavities in the future...Your dream is worse than mine!!!!!!

It'd save you from future dental bills! ;)

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Before the draft, I thought Vasilevskiy was amazing... I'm surprised he wasn't picked earlier, frankly. Solidified Yzerman as a top GM in my mind. When a goalie has that kind of skill and composure at that age, he is worth picking up in the first round. Other GM's chickened.

I haven't had that kind of feeling from Samsonov at all, and I'd say theres probably a decent chance he falls to our 33rd pick.

Now, I have seen WAY less of Samsonov at this point than I had of Vasilevskiy in his draft, so maybe the scouts have seen things that I haven't.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Before the draft, I thought Vasilevskiy was amazing... I'm surprised he wasn't picked earlier, frankly. Solidified Yzerman as a top GM in my mind. When a goalie has that kind of skill and composure at that age, he is worth picking up in the first round. Other GM's chickened.

I haven't had that kind of feeling from Samsonov at all, and I'd say theres probably a decent chance he falls to our 33rd pick.

Now, I have seen WAY less of Samsonov at this point than I had of Vasilevskiy in his draft, so maybe the scouts have seen things that I haven't.

He isn't falling to 33.

McKenzie's list might as well be the info sheet they hand out before the draft, and he almost always has like 28 out of 30 guys correctly pegged in the first round. He has Samsonov healthily in the top-20, so I have to think we've got a situation where 8/10 scouts put him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad