Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Entry Draft Thread | It's The Final Countdown: TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
There seems to be a lot more noise about Samsonov than any other Goaltender recently. I'm wondering if that's because his collection of skills has seriously impressed scouts or if he got a boost due to the fast rising star of Andrei Vasilevskiy.

I wouldn't be furious if they take Samsonov, but it sure seems like Svechnkov should be the guy. He seems to be a minor cut above the likes of Roy and Merkley in that spot.

I think he's getting just as much hype as Fucale did in his draft year. Samsonov is only ever really mentioned as a first rounder as a wild card. There's something unnerving about a player who's always ranked higher in mock drafts than prospect rankings.

He did look really good in the one game I saw him play at the u18's though.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'm going to miss the draft :( I have to drive back to Edmonton from GP tomorrow... I wont make it back into town by 5.

I assume 630 ched or 1260 will be doing something for the draft on the radio?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'm going to miss the draft :( I have to drive back to Edmonton from GP tomorrow... I wont make it back into town by 5.

The first pick is usually at 5:20 or 5:30 if that helps you.

Oct 15, 2008

I think Guy may be doing a draft show for the first round. He for sure is on Saturday for the rest.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
He isn't falling to 33.

McKenzie's list might as well be the info sheet they hand out before the draft, and he almost always has like 28 out of 30 guys correctly pegged in the first round. He has Samsonov healthily in the top-20, so I have to think we've got a situation where 8/10 scouts put him there.

Yeah, IIRC, there were numerous hints by a very transparent Tim Murray that he liked Samsonov. They pick twice (21, 31) in between 16 and 33. Zero chance he's there at 33. I could care less though, Blackwood should be there at 33. If our first 3 picks are:

McDavid
Svechnikov/Konecny/Merkley/Roy (any one of the 4 I'd be happy with)
Blackwood

That's a helluva first 3 picks.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Well, it's getting close. Just woke up (5pm here) after having gone to bed at 7am. My sleep schedule is now properly ****ed. I am ready for another long night. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad