2015 NHL Entry Draft Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Early second sounds about right. He left a good impression in the subway series and showed he could compete but size and the ''Q factor'' will keep him out of the first. I really think he does have first round all around skills though.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
Need to have some prospects in the WJC, makes the Holidays bright!

Been a standout prospect to watch every year in recent times.
2009-Subban
2010-Kristo
2011-Leblanc
2012-Gallagher
2013-Galchenyuk
2014-Reway
2015-Fucale

Timmins needs to target a few guys who will be there for sure.

CZE - D Jakub Zboril - 1st round
SWI - LW Timo Meier - 2nd or Paul Bittner USA
FIN - LW Roope Hintz - 3rd or Dergachev of RUS
SVK - D Christian Jaros - 4th round
FIN - C Julius Nattinen - 5th or Jens Looke of SWE
SVK RW Radovan Bondra - 6th
SVK D Erik Cernak - 7th

and then sign Gavrikov and Denis Godla as free agents!

:huh:

:handclap:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
scherbak was already in the chl with clear plans to play in america, only questions were about his adaptation to NA style, and now there's np there

Kirill Kaprizov (LW), can't wait to see who will pick this guy tho
drafted 1st overall in the 2014 KHL draft, good international stats, killed his first mhl year, lack of size but still 5'10..

Doesn't matter, still Russian...look at Valeri Nichushkin, top 5 talent that got drafted 10th or 12th overall, why?? Russian!!
Sherapanov by the Rangers...19th overall when he was clearly top 10, why?? Russian!
Unless you're clear cut #1, organizations will pass you up on account of you being Russian. Think the Devils will ever draft Russian after the Kovalchuk debacle...I'm thinking no, what about Columbus with Filitov and Zherdev, I think they'll pass. Not saying they'll never draft another Russian ever but it'll have to be overwhelming talent. There is a Russian factor you know

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You mean Béliveau right :sarcasm:

Would be very happy with him in a trade down scenario in the early second round. No one outside of Button has him in their first round, so at this point I don't think he's going there. After all, Fabri after being a playoffs MVP for Guelph and having a great year ended up late in the first in a weaker draft. Hard to think Beauvillier will top that.

:laugh: Great Play-by-play that guy was....I might agree with you. Somehow, I don't want to have him in the 1st either.....yet. But he won't last last 2nd either.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
Doesn't matter, still Russian...look at Valeri Nichushkin, top 5 talent that got drafted 10th or 12th overall, why?? Russian!!
Sherapanov by the Rangers...19th overall when he was clearly top 10, why?? Russian!
Unless you're clear cut #1, organizations will pass you up on account of you being Russian. Think the Devils will ever draft Russian after the Kovalchuk debacle...I'm thinking no, what about Columbus with Filitov and Zherdev, I think they'll pass. Not saying they'll never draft another Russian ever but it'll have to be overwhelming talent. There is a Russian factor you know

what doesnt matter?

did I ever insinuate that he would be drafted in the 1st??
hes a 2d rounder for me

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
All Star team of draft eligible (available late 1st) who will play in the WJC next year:

Greenway-White-Dergachev
FAho-Hintz-Rantanen
Meier-Spacek-Boeser
Bittner -Novak -Bondra
Looke

Zboril-JRoy
Andersson-Carlo
SAho-Jaros
Gavrikov

Vladar

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
From RLR

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e-report-nhl-draft-preview-december/20726099/

Nearly every night we walked into a "Q" building during the first half of this season, we've come away thinking we just watched a pleasant surprise. In addition to guys like the Roys (Jeremy and Nicolas), Evgeni Svechnikov, and Daniel Sprong — who everybody knew about — the happy emergence of nice prospects like Thomas Chabot, Yakov Trenin, Anthony Beauvillier, Dmytro Timashov, and Simon Bourque from the ranks of the unknown to fill in a deep second tier has been a godsend.

Even players like Adam Marsh, Jordan Fournier, and Jeremy Lauzon are bubbling up to the surface - to the point where Red Line could now see as many as two dozen Q prospects taken in the first three rounds of the draft. Throw in strong crops from the United States and Europe, and there's our answer to the original question.

Rising

Adam Marsh (Saint John): He's skilled at both finishing and agitating - a really annoying combination for opponents, but both traits we'd want on our team.

Parker Wotherspoon (Tri-City): Finesse, offensive blue-liner has been an excellent surprise showing smarts and creativity. Now he needs to add some weight/strength.

Brock Boeser (Waterloo): Has been tearing it up in the United States Hockey League. Has even more skill than we originally thought - and we thought he had plenty.

News and notes from around the scouting community

-Going to watch prospects at a Saint John Sea Dogs game is like going to the circus to see how many clowns are going to get out of that Volkswagen! There are about eight Sea Dogs players who will be on our prospect rankings at some point this year.

One hidden gem that new Sea Dogs GM Darrell Young unearthed through his brother, Wendell, is Chicago-area native Adam Marsh. Marsh, like his father — Peter — is a true sniper who, with 15 goals in 32 games, is on pace for 33 goals as a Q rookie.

Several NHL scouts have also commented admiringly to Red Line about the vinegar Marsh plays with, despite tipping the scales at just 158 pounds soaking wet. His combination of super soft hands and nasty edge has tongues wagging, and he's already become one of the most interesting of the Saint John prospects.

-While defensemen Thomas Chabot and Jakub Zboril are still the best of Saint John's brigade in Red Line's opinion, we also keep noticing Spencer Smallman whenever we watch the Sea Dogs. He's kind of a meat-and-potatoes guy, but he makes everyone better.

His birthday is Sept. 9, 1996, so this is his second year of eligibility, but he seems to keep getting better every time we watch him. There might not be more than third-line potential there, but he's a good all-purpose player with decent size and grit.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Yep, I'm a BIG SMALLman fan. :D

I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. Zboril is a stud to be, remains to be seen what Chabot progression will end up to be. But he is got a very good hockey sense. Bourque is very tough for me to read. Type of prospect that shows you lot one day, not another day. And with those kinds of prospects, it could go both ways. It's either a sign of lack of maturity and slow progression that will happen one day or another (see Duclair). Or a sign of a guy who is about to see his ceiling soon and will start regressing in the couple of years. Still believe Bourque will be....but I just can't predict his NHL ceiling.....yet.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
what doesnt matter?

did I ever insinuate that he would be drafted in the 1st??
hes a 2d rounder for me

Where did I insinuate you insinuated he'd be drafted in the 1st??
I'm just using guys drafted in the first because they're easier to remember, can't use a guy drafted in the 5th in 2012, you wouldn't even know who I'd be talking about.
What doesn't matter?? Are you for real?? Read your post then read mine and you should find the answer, if you can't well I guess that's the end of our debate

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Oh and the more I see Nicolas Roy play, the more he's heading towards my ND list for the first 2 rounds. Clearly. And with a little more showings, he's headed slowly towards the 4th roun for me. Seems so much lost on the ice and not a fan of working so hard.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
Where did I insinuate you insinuated he'd be drafted in the 1st??
I'm just using guys drafted in the first because they're easier to remember, can't use a guy drafted in the 5th in 2012, you wouldn't even know who I'd be talking about.
What doesn't matter?? Are you for real?? Read your post then read mine and you should find the answer, if you can't well I guess that's the end of our debate

ok mr obvious

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Yep, I'm a BIG SMALLman fan. :D

I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. Zboril is a stud to be, remains to be seen what Chabot progression will end up to be. But he is got a very good hockey sense. Bourque is very tough for me to read. Type of prospect that shows you lot one day, not another day. And with those kinds of prospects, it could go both ways. It's either a sign of lack of maturity and slow progression that will happen one day or another (see Duclair). Or a sign of a guy who is about to see his ceiling soon and will start regressing in the couple of years. Still believe Bourque will be....but I just can't predict his NHL ceiling.....yet.

I tend to think the latter on Bourque. He's sort of the anti-Duclair if you will :P. Not sure where to have him either. Kid's got a really good head for the game but the tools aren't immense. Not particularly physical, fine skater, shot is okay but reads the play very well and often puts himself in great position to get some points. Plays well defensively but I'm not sure what it would give on a weaker team when it gets hot in the kitchen. Reminds me a bit of Mayo last year.

I was watching the Baie-Comeau vs. Rimouski games and again really liked what I saw from Meloche. Needs to improve on his skating, especially backwards but could become a very good one on the backend.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
scherbak was already in the chl with clear plans to play in america, only questions were about his adaptation to NA style, and now there's np there

Kirill Kaprizov (LW), can't wait to see who will pick this guy tho
drafted 1st overall in the 2014 KHL draft, good international stats, killed his first mhl year, lack of size but still 5'10..

The Habs are pleased to choose from Metallurg Novokuznetsk, LW Kirill Kaprizov, with their 2nd pick 60th OV in the 2015 Entry Draft. Thank you all and congratulations will be accepted at our next Stanley Cup Parade!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
just for fun, heres a few draft pick trades from the past 14'ish years:

2001: Devils traded #24 to the Panthers for #44 and #48
2003: Lightning traded #25 to the Panthers for #34, #41, and #192
2006: Red Wings traded #29 and #152 to the Coyotes for #41 and #47
2007: Capitals traded #28 to the Sharks for #41 and a future 2nd (#57)
2008: Ducks traded #28 to the Coyotes for #35 and #39
2010: Blackhawks traded #30 to the Islanders for #35 and #58
2010: Canadiens traded #27 + #57 to the Coyotes for #22 and 113
2011: Red Wings traded #24 to the Senators for #35 and #48
2014: Lightning traded #28 to the Islanders for #35 and #57

2001:
-Devils #24 (490) for Panthers #44 (185) + #48 (164) = 394 total.
Devils 490 vs Panthers 394, Panthers win the trade (pretty lopsided).

2003:
-Lightning #25 (460) for Panthers #34 (270) + #41 (203) + #192 (2.9) = 475.9 total.
Lightning 460 vs Panthers 475.9, Lightning win the trade, close value tho.

2006:
-Wings #29 (360) + #152 (7.8) = 367.8 total for Coyotes #41 (203) + #47 (169) = 372 total.
Wings 367.8 vs Coyotes 372, Wings barely win the trade.

2007:
-Caps #28 (380) for Sharks #41 (203) + #57 (122) = 325 total.
Caps 380 vs Sharks 325, Sharks win the trade.

2008:
-Ducks #28 (380) for Coyotes #35 (260) + #39 (220) = 480 total.
Ducks 380 vs Coyotes 480, lopsided win for the Ducks.

2010:
-Hawks #30 (340) for Isles #35 (260) + #58 (118) = 378 total.
Hawks 340 vs Isles 378, Hawks win the trade, close value.

2010:
-Habs #27 (400) + #57 (122) = total 522 for Coyotes #22 (550) + #113 (23.5) = 573.5 total.
Habs 522 vs Coyotes 573.5, Habs win the trade.
(This was the Tinordi trade)

2011:
-Wings #24 (460) for Sens #35 (260) + #48 (164) = 424 total.
Wings 460 vs Sens 424, Sens win the trade, close value.

2014:
-Lightning #28 (380) for Isles #35 (260) + #57 (122) = 382 total.
Lightning 380 vs Isles 382, practically even trade!

1zvkBa3.png

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Honestly, it depends of what happens of the picks more than anything. You can say a pick has similar value to the other, but it depends who it gets you, and who else was available. Depends a whole lot of the strength of a crop too. A late 1st doesn't hold the same value in 2013 and 2014.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm still leaning toward either Novak/Boeser in the first round and hoping we can sneak one of the QMJHL D-men (Carrier for example) in the secound round.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I'm still leaning toward either Novak/Boeser in the first round and hoping we can sneak one of the QMJHL D-men (Carrier for example) in the secound round.

IMO Carrier will be available much later than in the second round. Scoutman1 (works as a scout in the Q) agreed with me saying there's a good chance he's still available somewhere in the 4th or 5th round. Not that he's not good. Carrier is a second round talent but his size will drop him quite a bit. Him not being invited to the Top Prospects game is a good indication of that. Scoutman1 also mentioned he's clearly smaller than what he's listed at.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
IMO Carrier will be available much later than in the second round. Scoutman1 (works as a scout in the Q) agreed with me saying there's a good chance he's still available somewhere in the 4th or 5th round. Not that he's not good. Carrier is a second round talent but his size will drop him quite a bit. Him not being invited to the Top Prospects game is a good indication of that. Scoutman1 also mentioned he's clearly smaller than what he's listed at.

It takes one team that loves him. Wherever Groulx lands, Carrier could follow. He's a 2nd round talent, and at this point in time, I have a hard time imagining a 0,75PPG D that is even better defensively lasting till the 5th round. Could see him get in the 3rd due to the strength of the draft and the fact that he's 5'11, but early 4th round is a worst case scenario IMO.

Personally, right now with the picks we have, I'd go for Thomas Chabot in the 1st and Guillaume Brisebois in the 2nd.

2015 is the year to go local. As RLR were saying, as many as 24 players could get picked in the first few rounds.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014

yeah there is, out of that list only one actually became an nhler

thats the russian factor

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

That's good news for us then.. I mean the kid is clearly talented and his size, while small, isn't horrific.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Not 2015, but just woke up at the Jakob Chychrun phenomena......great goal he scored tonight. Should and will be a top pick in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad