2015 NHL Entry Draft Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
First thread has reached over a 1000 posts! Continue here!

"McDavid vs Eichel" Draft :yo:

Panthers to host 2015 NHL Entry Draft at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida on June 26th-27th, 2015

123114EichelMcDavid.jpg

Projected top 5 picks:

1. Connor McDavid
2. Jack Eichel
3. Noah Hanifin
4. Mitchell Marner
5. Dylan Strome

Discuss!

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Really can't understand how Vlad Gavrikov(RD)KHL wasn't drafted last year by any NHL team. The Habs of course drafted two RD's, Brett Lernout and Nick Koberstein, both look very impressive, so our draft team gets a pass. This years Russian entry in the WJHC's also had Dmitry Yudin(LD) that looks very much as good as Gavrikov did last year, IMHO.:nod:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Really can't understand how Vlad Gavrikov(RD)KHL wasn't drafted last year by any NHL team. The Habs of course drafted two RD's, Brett Lernout and Nick Koberstein, both look very impressive, so our draft team gets a pass. This years Russian entry in the WJHC's also had Dmitry Yudin(LD) that looks very much as good as Gavrikov did last year, IMHO.:nod:

The thing is, we really don't know as much as the scouts in the case of Russian players. The delta of unknowns is much bigger. Maybe Gavrikov said loud and clear that he wants to stay in Russia, forever.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm liking the idea of Rasmus Andersson more and more. A good puckmoving defenceman is needed in the pipeline.

Nikita Korostelev is also intriguing. A big, Russian winger to complete a future "Russian" trio up front.

I would assume the type of players Bergevin covets would be guys like Thomas Novak or Brock Boeser.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The thing is, we really don't know as much as the scouts in the case of Russian players. The delta of unknowns is much bigger. Maybe Gavrikov said loud and clear that he wants to stay in Russia, forever.

Actually it's the reverse, saying he can't wait until he's ready to come over and play in the NHL.:nod:He's been working out just outside of Philadelphia PA and has no preference of NHL team, just wants to be drafted.

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
A couple of other Russian players that impressed were Dergachyov (C/LW) that fought behind Canada's net with Darnell Nurse for about 20-30 seconds for control of the puck. No small feat against Nurse(LD)7th OV Oilers pick 2013, a really solid Dman. Another forward besides Barbashev that played well was Maxim Mamin(RW) with a LHS, always in the action.:nod:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
A couple of other Russian players that impressed were Dergachyov (C/LW) that fought behind Canada's net with Darnell Nurse for about 20-30 seconds for control of the puck. No small feat against Nurse(LD)7th OV Oilers pick 2013, a really solid Dman. Another forward besides Barbashev that played well was Maxim Mamin(RW) with a LHS, always in the action.:nod:

He was solid, and the kid has the size. Loved that battle with Nurse. Dergachev would be nice

Dec 2, 2010
I'm liking the idea of Rasmus Andersson more and more. A good puckmoving defenceman is needed in the pipeline.

Nikita Korostelev is also intriguing. A big, Russian winger to complete a future "Russian" trio up front.

I would assume the type of players Bergevin covets would be guys like Thomas Novak or Brock Boeser.
Korostelev is not big. He is a hell of a sniper though.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He was solid, and the kid has the size. Loved that battle with Nurse

Dergachev really impressed me, 6'4 center, shoots right and seems to have a competitive edge, I'm no scout but he seems like a guy that I would love to draft in second round. Adam Musil and Matt Spencer are 2 other prospects I'm intrigued by, and of course Gavrikov

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Went to the Bulls/Spitfires game last night and have a few comments. Take my comments with a grain of salt if you don't value my opinions (check past mock drafts if you are unaware).

I paid more attention to the Bulls since they've just traded for a couple of draft eligible players, and I was in that corner to see the Bulls easier twice. Not to mention, they're the home-town(ish) team for me.

Windsor Spitfires

Markus Soberg
He was drafted in the 6th round last year looked excellent. His skating is so far ahead of many of the kids in that played last night. I've heard he's had a hard time adjusting to the North American game so far, but if last night was any indication, he's ready to breakout. Scored a very nice goal and picked up an assist.

Hayden McCool
I was excited to see him because he's been tearing it up since joining Windsor earlier this year, after a slow start in Niagara. But to be honest, I rarely noticed him. Not to say he was bad or anything, I was just hoping to see a bit more. Kid has good size though.

Aaron Luchuk
Awesome game last night. I'm not sure where he's ranked as far as the draft goes, but he potted three points last night (1g, 2a) and could have had more. Was easily the best forward on the Spits, and looked dangerous all night. He's only 5'10, but he doesn't look small on the ice whatsoever.

Trevor Murphy
Kid is having a very good season and seems to have had a lot of success, despite injuries, since coming to Windsor a few years back. He's not a huge guy, but you can see the leadership qualities coming from him. He's over a PPG and he's smart. He makes the right play very often. I'm not sure if that will translate to a possible NHL career because he lacks some size, but you can't look past his offensive ability with the smart decisions he makes on the ice.

Belleville Bulls

Trent Fox
Draft eligible kid who has fantastic size already. I was super excited to see him after hearing good things from Erie, but he's honestly an awful skater. He has a large stride but he's slow. He seemed very tentative as well. It was his first game with the Bulls, but I didn't see anything I liked. Whether your tentative or not, when you turn the puck over, you make an effort to rectify your mistake by either fighting for the puck or playing good positional hockey. I thought his effort seemed low as well. I sat a ways away from the bench, but I swear I heard the coach yell at him a few times to get to the bench. He was coasting and took a few long shifts. Did not like what I saw at all. It was only one game, but I hope to get a better read on the kid next time I see him.

Jordan Subban
Kid is absolutely unreal offensively. Honestly, he's even better than PK was offensively at the same age. He makes plays out of nothing constantly. He rushes the puck up the ice with ease, gains zone entry without problem, and doesn't ever hold onto the puck longer than he has too. Defensively, he's a lot weaker than PK though and that might be a problem going forward with Jordan. He's smart, don't get me wrong but he didn't seem as willing to battle in the corners. He did a lot of the David Desharnais (poke at the puck rather than get physical) which is fine, but at the NHL level deep in the zone, I'm not sure I'd like it. It seemed to work last night though.

Niki Petti
It seems like his role has increased now that Remi is gone. He was all over the ice. Second best player for the Bulls last night, IMO. He made a couple of highlight reel passes. He was draft eligible last year, but I'm wanting to see a little more of him going forward now that it seems like he's got an increased role. Fantastic game. He's got alright size and he's a good skater as well.

Brett Welychka
Best Bull last night by far. He's on the small side and he's a 20-year-old. He may be someone worth a camp invite, but definitely not a draft selection. But he carried the Bulls offense last night. Fantastic skater with some fantastic stick skills. He walked through two players and beat the goalie for his goal last night. 4 point night. Very good game for Brett and he's going to continue to need to do that if he wants to ever get a sniff at a North American pro career above the ECHL.

Jesse Saban
Big defenseman who I hadn't seen before (didn't see Erie play this season). It's his first season in the OHL and he's smart. He's a solid skater and makes good reads. The coach seemed to blame him, as it seemed like he was benched for a little during the second period - but a lot of the goals were really, really weak. It was his first game, and only his 25th or something in the league and he looks like he could be a steal in the late rounds. He skates smooth like I said and his passing is tape-to-tape. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this kid because I think he could definitely be something.

I wanted to see Justin Lemcke as well, but he was paired with Adam Bignell. Bignell makes a lot of smart hockey plays and you'd think he'd have more points than he does (goose egg). Then again, you look at his age and he should be doing more than just making smart hockey plays, he should be dominating on the ice and he's not. He's a real strange player to watch. You can see the good qualities but you can also see the reasons he's probably going to Europe or out of hockey altogether.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

The Russian factor was much bigger last year...I think we'll see more Russians drafted and signed this off season with the economic troubles in the country and with the KHL.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The Russian factor was much bigger last year...I think we'll see more Russians drafted and signed this off season with the economic troubles in the country and with the KHL.

Agree, we lucked out last year with Sherbak, doubt we rob the same bank twice and get away with it!

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Need to have some prospects in the WJC, makes the Holidays bright!

Been a standout prospect to watch every year in recent times.
2009-Subban
2010-Kristo
2011-Leblanc
2012-Gallagher
2013-Galchenyuk
2014-Reway
2015-Fucale

Timmins needs to target a few guys who will be there for sure.

CZE - D Jakub Zboril - 1st round
SWI - LW Timo Meier - 2nd or Paul Bittner USA
FIN - LW Roope Hintz - 3rd or Dergachev of RUS
SVK - D Christian Jaros - 4th round
FIN - C Julius Nattinen - 5th or Jens Looke of SWE
SVK RW Radovan Bondra - 6th
SVK D Erik Cernak - 7th

and then sign Gavrikov and Denis Godla as free agents!

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
Agree, we lucked out last year with Sherbak, doubt we rob the same bank twice and get away with it!

scherbak was already in the chl with clear plans to play in america, only questions were about his adaptation to NA style, and now there's np there

Kirill Kaprizov (LW), can't wait to see who will pick this guy tho
drafted 1st overall in the 2014 KHL draft, good international stats, killed his first mhl year, lack of size but still 5'10..

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
scherbak was already in the chl with clear plans to play in america, only questions were about his adaptation to NA style, and now there's np there

Kirill Kaprizov (LW), can't wait to see who will pick this guy tho
drafted 1st overall in the 2014 KHL draft, good international stats, killed his first mhl year, lack of size but still 5'10..

yea, i really wanna see what round him and Malgin get picked in. If either of them played in the CHL they'd be 1st rounders imo.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Need to have some prospects in the WJC, makes the Holidays bright!

Been a standout prospect to watch every year in recent times.
2009-Subban
2010-Kristo
2011-Leblanc
2012-Gallagher
2013-Galchenyuk
2014-Reway
2015-Fucale

Timmins needs to target a few guys who will be there for sure.

CZE - D Jakub Zboril - 1st round
SWI - LW Timo Meier - 2nd or Paul Bittner USA
FIN - LW Roope Hintz - 3rd or Dergachev of RUS
SVK - D Christian Jaros - 4th round
FIN - C Julius Nattinen - 5th or Jens Looke of SWE
SVK RW Radovan Bondra - 6th
SVK D Erik Cernak - 7th

and then sign Gavrikov and Denis Godla as free agents!

Would love Roope Hintz and Timo Meier!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I know he's not big....but I'm a fan of Anthony Beauvillier's game.....Kid is just improving in all 3 zones as the year progresses. Great wrister. Improved his skating and elusiveness as well. Remains to be seen where I'd want him....

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I know he's not big....but I'm a fan of Anthony Beauvillier's game.....Kid is just improving in all 3 zones as the year progresses. Great wrister. Improved his skating and elusiveness as well. Remains to be seen where I'd want him....

You mean Béliveau right :sarcasm:

Would be very happy with him in a trade down scenario in the early second round. No one outside of Button has him in their first round, so at this point I don't think he's going there. After all, Fabri after being a playoffs MVP for Guelph and having a great year ended up late in the first in a weaker draft. Hard to think Beauvillier will top that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad