Speculation: 2015 NHL Entry Draft Discussion - April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
So, do people see why tons of us put Marner ahead of Strome? For me it's not even close, Marner is a game changer and can single-handedly take over games. Strome is good and all, but Marner is on another level. It was evident in this series, withour Marner the Knights had no chance.

the Knights had no chance with Marner either.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I don't see an elite player
I see a good player
Don't seem to here is name during the GMs

What am I missing

Before Marner, got hurt you would here is name almost every time he was on the ice

Would love for him to be the big top Center we have been looking for

I still don't see the game breaking talent people say Strome has.

Marner has it though for sure.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Good thing there are people that have watched Strome and Marner all year and can say that is not the case.
If you actually did watch them all year, you would know it IS the case. Marner is much more important to his team than Strome is. And for good reason.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
If you actually did watch them all year, you would know it IS the case. Marner is much more important to his team than Strome is. And for good reason.

Well yeah... Strome has McDavid on his team :laugh:. I'm not discrediting Marner (I prefer him), but some of this criticism is unwarranted. Still lead the OHL is scoring; only 20 of his points affected by McDavid.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
the Knights had no chance with Marner either.
I agree, but my point was that Marner is on another level than Strome. Not putting Strome down, as I've said he's good, but Marner is just that much better.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Well yeah... Strome has McDavid on his team :laugh:. I'm not discrediting Marner (I prefer him), but some of this criticism is unwarranted. Still lead the OHL is scoring; only 20 of his points affected by McDavid.
That's because the opposition plays their best players against McDavid and his line.

Not discrediting Strome either, but again Marner is a special talent. Strome is good.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
That's because the opposition plays their best players against McDavid and his line.

Not discrediting Strome either, but again Marner is a special talent. Strome is good.

Right, but not like these 2nd pairings/2nd lines are awful lol. Next year will be a huge one for Strome in the OHL. Personally happy with either or Hanifin.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Becoming more clear that Marner should be taken with our pick.

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada

Strome often plays against top pairings, and he played #1C while McD was out and came up big. London was hacking and slashing him all game, I don't think he gets it easy

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
Strome often plays against top pairings, and he played #1C while McD was out and came up big. London was hacking and slashing him all game, I don't think he gets it easy

Was at tonight's game. Owen MacDonald seemed to get under his skin and get him a bit frustrated. Erie's coaching staff seemed to try and settle him down a bit. His play is pretty non-physical in nature to begin with, so good on MacDonald.

Did not seem to be Strome's strongest game, his two linemates (Baptiste and Betz) both had their best chances and scored their points without Strome. For the second half of the second and the full third, Baptiste was playing on the third line and looked good.

He will probably bounce back with a big 4th game.

Strome and Marner are such different players, I am interested to see how their careers develop. Marner, while out tonight, is smaller in size, but does things with and without the puck at such high speed - is very aggressive in both ends. Strome has good size and patience, but did not seem to go into the high traffic areas nearly as much as I thought he would, and seemed to shy away a bit from the physical play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad