2015 NHL Draft Thread Part VII (link to draft order, TV info in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Anyone bare foot ever is weird.

But really some guys skate without socks, thats ****in crazy

I used to skate without socks. Come to think of it I wasn't as good of a skater once I started wearing socks. :laugh:

Gary Joyce's mock:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gare-joyces-2015-nhl-mock-draft/

7. Philadelphia Flyers: Mikko Rantanen, RW, Turku
A prototypical power forward. Comparisons to Joel Armia are not operative. Rantanen has a better motor.
29. Philadelphia Flyers: Filip Chlapik, C, Charlottetown Islanders
Recent drafts have been focused on the blueline. Some scouts don’t like his skating and think he lacks a fourth gear or even a third. Goalie Mackenzie Blackwood a shot here.

He nailed Sanheim to the Flyers last year and that bit about Blackwood suggests he may have a source.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Pretty sure Paul Coffey skated without socks, also. And in skates that were as tight as possible.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I found this guy on the prospects board as a thread was just made for him recently. He was at the combine which all the teams determine who gets invited by putting in requests to the league.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=278675

He plays in Tier 3 hockey here in the States (USHL is Tier 1 & NAHL is Tier 2) & isn't scheduled to go to college for another year. He's got some solid rankings by public scouting lists despite playing in such a low level league. I guess the scouts really like his projection & feel he could be a hidden gem who turns out to be a really good prospect 3-4 years down the road ala Gostisbehere.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I used to skate without socks. Come to think of it I wasn't as good of a skater once I started wearing socks. :laugh:

Gary Joyce's mock:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gare-joyces-2015-nhl-mock-draft/

He nailed Sanheim to the Flyers last year and that bit about Blackwood suggests he may have a source.
I wouldn't like the Chlapik selection. The reports about his skating are not good at all. This team needs to get faster overall and he will bring down the speed quotient.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Just made a comment in the thread you're referring to, but USPHL Premier isn't all that "low level". I'm more comfortable drafting from the top teams in that league (eg. South Shore) than I am drafting from any prep school.

Don't know anything about Marino, but he seems like he'd be a decent value pick with one of our mid-rounders.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just made a comment in the thread you're referring to, but USPHL Premier isn't all that "low level". I'm more comfortable drafting from the top teams in that league (eg. South Shore) than I am drafting from any prep school.

Don't know anything about Marino, but he seems like he'd be a decent value pick with one of our mid-rounders.

Yeah I've seen that but I'm guessing he's still a raw kid based off the delayed college enrollment given he's not a late birthday. If the measurements are close (6'2" 175 lbs.) to being correct I'd imagine that's a reason too.

Fulton44*

They're going to take Crouse or Rantanen imo and more than likely they will get their choice between the two.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Hopefully there will be a video of draft discussions such as the one in Morin's draft. I would love to see the scouts debating on there list 3-11.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
We will pick 8 times before the Pens get their 2nd selection (unless trades happen). Feels good.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Possibly posted already but I this is my favorite mock draft so far.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jeff-mareks-2015-nhl-mock-draft/

7. Philadelphia Flyers
Ivan Provorov, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL): A truly gifted player who does it all for the Brandon Wheat Kings. The Flyers' blueline will be set for the next 10 years with Provorov, Travis Sanheim, Samuel Morin and Shayne Gostisbehere.

29. Philadelphia Flyers (from Tampa Bay)
Brock Boeser, RW, Waterloo (USHL): The Flyers pick up the hardworking winger who put up big points in the USHL.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
That's an awesome haul, that's why.

I have to think Boeser goes before 29th though.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Possibly posted already but I this is my favorite mock draft so far.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jeff-mareks-2015-nhl-mock-draft/

7. Philadelphia Flyers
Ivan Provorov, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL): A truly gifted player who does it all for the Brandon Wheat Kings. The Flyers' blueline will be set for the next 10 years with Provorov, Travis Sanheim, Samuel Morin and Shayne Gostisbehere.

29. Philadelphia Flyers (from Tampa Bay)
Brock Boeser, RW, Waterloo (USHL): The Flyers pick up the hardworking winger who put up big points in the USHL.

That's pretty much best case for me since I don't believe there's a chance Marner, Strome, or Hanifin slip to 7.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
My final top 100:

#1: McDavid
#2: Eichel
#3: Hanifin
#4: Marner
#5: Provorov
#6: Strome
#7: Zacha
#8: Werenski
#9: Rantanen
#10: Barzal
#11: Connor
#12: Crouse
#13: Svechnikov
#14: Meier
#15: Konency
#16: Merkley
#17: Zboril
#18: J. Roy
#19: Colin White
#20: Boeser
#21: Chabot
#22: Eriksson Ek
#23: Juulsen
#24: Guryanov
#25: Meloche
#26: DeBrusk
#27: Kylington
#28: Harkins
#29: Novak
#30: Larsson
#31: Carlo
#32: Bittner
#33: Sprong
#34: Carlsson
#35: Bracco
#36: Chlapik
#37: Lindgren
#38: Andersson
#39: Beauvillier
#40: Dunn
#41: Dergachev
#42: Foley
#43: Samsonov
#44: Roslovic
#45: Greenway
#46: Forsbacka-Karlsson
#47: Hintz
#48: Trenin
#49: Spencer
#50: Vande Sompel
#51: Malgin
#52: Spacek
#53: Pilon
#54: Brisebois
#55: Korostolev
#56: Bouramman
#57: Blackwood
#58: Vladar
#59: Wotherspoon
#60: Nattinen
#61: Cernak
#62: Speers
#63: Ahl
#64: Fischer
#65: Yan
#66: Tomek
#67: Senshynyn
#68: Looke
#69: Gavrikov
#70: N. Roy
#71: Kolesar
#72: Siegenthaler
#73: Niku
#74: Gropp
#75: Guhle
#76: Gagne
#77: Wagner
#78: Booth
#79: Soy
#80: Musil
#81: Garland
#82: Warren
#83: Noel
#84: Leveille
#85: Bear
#86: Capobianco
#87: Kase
#88: Saarela
#89: Carrier
#90: Timashov
#91: Gabrielle
#92: Marsh
#93: Lauzon
#94: Jaros
#95: Kovacs
#96: Franzen
#97: Marsh
#98: Richard
#99: Vainio
#100: Colton White

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I just want one more second round pick. I would target teams that have multiple picks and are looking to add depth defense.

Specifically Arizona and Edmonton. They might be willing to trade a second rounder for a player like Grossmann, especially the later picks. Buffalo and Calgary also have two picks in the second round as well. I would target Calgary for one of their picks as well.

I think Hexy has a little more wheeling and dealing here soon. He has to clear cap space and roster spots for prospects and new signing/s (medvedev)

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Although Crosby is McDavids favourite player he said in an interview they showed on NHL network last night that the guy he looked to model his game off was Giroux... as he wanted to be a complete player who was not only elite offensively but also reliable on D, and able to be out in the last few minutes of a game if one goal ahead or behind.

Nice little nod to G.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
IMO we should have kept our mouth shut about adding a goalie prospect, now every team knows that, i hope we leapfrogs couple of teams in the 2nd rd to get our guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad