2015 NHL Draft Thread (Lottery: 4/18, Draft: 6/26-6/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Is that what Wennberg did? Or Dano? Milano is more skilled then both.

Both Dano and Wennberg played at least a season if not two against grown men. Look at Rychel, he plays a more NHL ready style and they still want him in the AHL. Make Milano earn his spot on this team. We will be deep enough that he'll have to play his way on. I see Rychel taking the next open spot next season.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Both Dano and Wennberg played at least a season if not two against grown men. Look at Rychel, he plays a more NHL ready style and they still want him in the AHL. Make Milano earn his spot on this team. We will be deep enough that he'll have to play his way on. I see Rychel taking the next open spot next season.

What you meant to say was both wennberg and dano played against grown men who were never good enough to play in the NHL, Wennberg has been one of the worst players kn the team so far for that reason. and Danos 8 TOI is hardly anything to get him ready for the NHL over the CHL. And Rychel plays an NHL ready game? News to me. His game has more holes then swiss cheese right now.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
What you meant to say was both wennberg and dano played against grown men who were never good enough to play in the NHL, Wennberg has been one of the worst players kn the team so far for that reason. and Danos 8 TOI is hardly anything to get him ready for the NHL over the CHL. And Rychel plays an NHL ready game? News to me. His game has more holes then swiss cheese right now.

Grown men nonetheless. Men who are fully grown, who are faster, stronger and more developed then most if not all CHL players. I'm not doubting Milanos abilities, I just don't think he'll get a free pass onto the team, he's gotta learn to be a responsible two way player and needs to bulk up.

Also Wennberg hasn't been the worst player but yes he has struggled, mainly because we were (at least I was) expecting him to see more sheltered minutes and he's being forced to play a top 6 role playing 17-18 minutes a night, that's a lot to handle for just about anyone. Its only 10 games in and he's getting better every game.

And lastly NHL ready wasn't the best choice of words but a NHL style of hockey. He bangs bodies, goes to the dirty areas and isn't afraid to score garbage goals.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Ah cool so I'll just go play in some hockey beer league and I'll be NHL ready, since you know, apparently that's all it takes to play is to play vs grown men. Wennberg hasn't been a responsible too way player, either has Dano but yet here they are. Its OK if you have an agenda against milano but at least admit it. Every point you make the exact case can be made against Wennberg and Dano.

And yes he has and its not even close. He's not leading the team in - for sh*ts and giggles, he's also not putting the points on the board.

And no Rychel does not hit it go in the dirty areas.

And FWIW Jarmo signed Milano right away compared to signing Rychel in December, he also signed the other 2 later but I'm sure that was because of their other league contracts, clearly shows how important they value someone with milanos skill set, he didn't even need to produce in the CHL to get signed.

Grown men nonetheless. Men who are fully grown, who are faster, stronger and more developed then most if not all CHL players. I'm not doubting Milanos abilities, I just don't think he'll get a free pass onto the team, he's gotta learn to be a responsible two way player and needs to bulk up.

Also Wennberg hasn't been the worst player but yes he has struggled, mainly because we were (at least I was) expecting him to see more sheltered minutes and he's being forced to play a top 6 role playing 17-18 minutes a night, that's a lot to handle for just about anyone. Its only 10 games in and he's getting better every game.

And lastly NHL ready wasn't the best choice of words but a NHL style of hockey. He bangs bodies, goes to the dirty areas and isn't afraid to score garbage goals.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Ah cool so I'll just go play in some hockey beer league and I'll be NHL ready, since you know, apparently that's all it takes to play is to play vs grown men. Wennberg hasn't been a responsible too way player, either has Dano but yet here they are. Its OK if you have an agenda against milano but at least admit it. Every point you make the exact case can be made against Wennberg and Dano.

And yes he has and its not even close. He's not leading the team in - for sh*ts and giggles, he's also not putting the points on the board.

And FWIW Jarmo signed Milano right away compared to signing Rychel in December, he also signed the other 2 later but I'm sure that was because of their other league contracts, clearly shows how important they value someone with milanos skill set, he didn't even need to produce in the CHL to get signed.

Hahaha dude I have nothing against Milano, go look in the Milano thread if anything I'm over hyped for Milano I think he was a steal at the 16th pick. But his skill set , much like Atkinson is a top 6 skillset, and shouldn't be playing in the NHL unless he's going to be playing in the top 6. Which I highly doubt he'll be ready next year to play a top 6 role. If he is I'll be ecstatic. But I'm not gonna argue about it here, he's got his own thread and a prospects thread. Same goes for Wennberg, he's got his own thread which me and many others have made points to why Wennberg is playing like he is and why he's seeing the minutes he is.

Back on track it's fun talking and thinking about how good this team could be if we had a top 5 pick thus year, but it's not gonna happen. I think we need to hope for another player like Milano to fall into our lap. Or Jarmo can pull another Tarasenko outta nowhere in the later half the of the draft. There's just no way short of Bob getting reinjured or Dubinksy and Joey going down that we finish in the bottom half. Even with our shotty D.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Overcharge is Rychel's agent. Grains of salt and all that...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Anyone who advocates for or attempts to bring about tanking will be set on fire and shot out of the cannon.

This is all. You may now resume going about your business.

onfire.gif

Cannon_shoots_4.gif

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Can we slow down the talk that Milano will never see an AHL game, since he'll be in Columbus right away? He probably has a greater shot at that happening, if he can play for Plymouth next year. It's way too early to speculate on that.

I remember when quite a bit of people on here were saying after watching the "Prospect Camp" that Wennberg is ready for the NHL. Now I think most if not all people here agree that he should be in Springfield right now, if it wasn't for all of the injuries.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I remember when quite a bit of people on here were saying after watching the "Prospect Camp" that Wennberg is ready for the NHL. Now I think most if not all people here agree that he should be in Springfield right now, if it wasn't for all of the injuries.

I thought that besides face-offs Wennberg has been one of the better performers in these last two games. Finesse two-way forward that can also make plays (hasn't been perhaps used in that role enough in terms of line-mates lately) so hopefully he won't be the first thing to be removed from this team.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just browsing through some top prospects and came across a D man who definitely is one who won't want to live up to his name:

Ryan Pilon :laugh:

(I assume the pronunciation is probably different but it just struck me as funny)

on the other hand this guy could be an animal:

Ethan Bear

Both play in the WHL so maybe Sore Loser can give us a bit of insight.

Last edited:

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Just browsing through some top prospects and came across a D man who definitely is one who won't want to live up to his name:

Ryan Pilon :laugh:

(I assume the pronunciation is probably different but it just struck me as funny)

on the other hand this guy could be an animal:

Ethan Bear

Both play in the WHL so maybe Sore Loser can give us a bit of insight.
I want a Bear jersey now

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Don't care. I'll worry about it in May. Let the kids play and our team play. I'll let the scouts worry about providing me reports i can read next year.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Its OK if you have an agenda against milano but at least admit it.

Never too early to come out swingin at your fellow CBJ fans I suppose. I suggest you make a few friends here before making wild accusations over nothing.

As for the draft, I don't see us finishing top 5. It's gonna be very difficult for us to make the playoffs but I see us ending up with the 12th pick or so. But my god would it be nice to snag one of McEichel. Imagine that center depth!

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Never too early to come out swingin at your fellow CBJ fans I suppose. I suggest you make a few friends here before making wild accusations over nothing.

As for the draft, I don't see us finishing top 5. It's gonna be very difficult for us to make the playoffs but I see us ending up with the 12th pick or so. But my god would it be nice to snag one of McEichel. Imagine that center depth!
Top 10 would be great still. McEichel gets all of the hype but getting a Hanifin or Kylington is like getting another Murray (maybe even a better version). Guys like Zacha, Konecny, Strome, Barzal, etc. aren't bad consolation prizes either at center.

Anywho like I said earlier in this thread (I think), I'd like to see us end up with Mikko Rantanen somewhere in the middle of the 1st round.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Lot's of fail in here.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Pshaw. I did that with my very first post and have yet to slow down. :D

As to the actual subject of conversation that prompted this... Dano and Wennberg are both able to be assigned to Springfield and thus can be called up and/or sent down easily, and they both also have a year's experience in high-level professional leagues. Milano is with an OHL team and so can only be called up under fairly specific circumstances, and does not have that additional year of development experience yet. Therefore, we let him have that extra time to develop, while Dano and Wennberg stick around so as to get a feel for the intensity of the game at the NHL level if nothing else.

And as for having greater skill... skill alone doesn't get you further along in the game; if that was all that it took. Rob Schremp and Nikolay Zherdev would both be league stars. If Milano's team game is good enough that he can skip the AHL, then that's unexpectedly awesome, but I wouldn't count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad