2015 NHL Draft Thread (Lottery: 4/18, Draft: 6/26-6/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Final central Scouting rankings

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=761663

8- Zacha
9-Werenski
10- Meier
11-Barzal

Rantanen ranked top European skater so each of those guys could drop one spot and Provorov then would be

If the rankings are even close it looks like Kylington will be available into the mid second. Still not sure why exactly he has dropped so far, but If there was a chance to grab him in the second that would be a heck of a pick up.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If the rankings are even close it looks like Kylington will be available into the mid second. Still not sure why exactly he has dropped so far, but If there was a chance to grab him in the second that would be a heck of a pick up.

From what I've read it is because he didn't have a very good year. To me that is a lot different than a guy like Jenner being downgraded because the scouts didn't like his skating. Question becomes is he the next Jenner or Angelo Esposito if he is still available in rd 2.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
So you'd take Eichel over McD?

Actually, I probably would. I have always said I like him more. That has nothing to do with what I said though. Unless you can find where I said I would only draft from those places. Maybe prefer means something different to me than it does to you.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
See Post #973 :)

This is for people like me who don't read the more recent posts before posting.:laugh: Actually this particular trait drives me crazy so I usually do read back a page or so before posting and did so this time - I just missed Finn's post. However you must admit my post had value added by pointing out what would happen if Rantanen is picked sooner than 7th. :laugh:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
This is for people like me who don't read the more recent posts before posting.:laugh: Actually this particular trait drives me crazy so I usually do read back a page or so before posting and did so this time - I just missed Finn's post. However you must admit my post had value added by pointing out what would happen if Rantanen is picked sooner than 7th. :laugh:

Haha I was just joking, it can be hard to find the "new" posts when it flips to a new page.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Haha I was just joking, it can be hard to find the "new" posts when it flips to a new page.

You shouldn't joke with me. I am one of the more serious posters here. :laugh: Exchange chuckles with the more humorous guys like...ah, nevermind.:laugh:

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Currently 8th
No worse than 11th pick
Could be as good as 7th

SJ @Edmonton & @LA 87 pts

Fla- Boston & NJ 87 pts

Colorado- WPG & Chi. 86 pts

Blue Jackets - Buffalo, @Isles 85 pts

Philly- Carolina, Ottawa 84 pts

Who cares Dept

Dallas - Anaheim 90 pts

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Yep, 1-6 are set. We are a point ahead of Philly, one behind Colorado, and two behind San Jose and Florida. All have 2 games left. Pencil in Buffalo as a win and we'll be sitting at 87 with NYI on Saturday. Can't catch Dallas at 90. Worst case scenario is 11th, likely in the 9-10 range.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the draft rules change so that all non-playoff teams had a shot to win the #1 pick? I know the better your finish, the bigger the odds are, but they took away that provision that you can only move up a max of four spots, right?

Watching the lottery might be fun. I shudder to think what this team would look like if they won the lottery. We probably need a metric ton of good juju for that to happen.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the draft rules change so that all non-playoff teams had a shot to win the #1 pick? I know the better your finish, the bigger the odds are, but they took away that provision that you can only move up a max of four spots, right?

Watching the lottery might be fun. I shudder to think what this team would look like if they won the lottery. We probably need a metric ton of good juju for that to happen.

Yep. All non-playoff teams can win. As of today that includes San Jose, LA, Dallas, and possibly one or even two of Pittsburgh, Detroit & Boston. I would hate for any of those teams to win.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Currently 8th
No worse than 11th pick
Could be as good as 7th

SJ @Edmonton & @LA 87 pts

Fla- Boston & NJ 87 pts

Colorado- WPG & Chi. 86 pts

Blue Jackets - Buffalo, @Isles 85 pts

Philly- Carolina, Ottawa 84 pts

Who cares Dept

Dallas - Anaheim 90 pts

You would think that San Jose would be able to beat Edmonton, and Florida should have a decent chance against New Jersey. If we can stay behind those two, that would be gravy. I say this not really believing there is a discernible difference between 7 and 11, just that I would like 7 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad