2015 NHL Draft Thread (Lottery: 4/18, Draft: 6/26-6/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So the question is do we package to move up, package with prospects/roster player for a better player. Or completely overstock the cupboards with prospects.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I doubt that question can be answered in the abstract.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Current picks held:
CBJ 1st
CBJ 2nd
LA 2nd
CBJ 3rd
PHI 3rd
DET 3rd
CBJ 5th
CBJ 6th
CBJ 7th
TOR 7th (????? - this was a conditional pick with the Frattin/D'Amigo trade, but no clue what the conditions are)

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Starting a draft thread about this time last year seemed to help turn the tide. So short of sacrificing a virgin to the hockey gods or trading the Jackets for the Penguins here goes.

For a good place to start:

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre

Only for this reason was I even willing to read any further in the thread.
I wore my jersey inside-out last night at home - didn't work.
Next - don't know, but something (anything) stupid to turn the tide is a possibility.
Much like Tin Cup's gadgets for curing the s.....
Maybe we put those on JJ.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Eichel would fit into our system so well

Finally someone took the bait. If we should miss the playoffs and be so lucky as to win the lottery, no way should we pass on McDavid. Maybe by adding a great talent we could at least modify the system to take maximum advantage of guys like Joey and Cam, and hopefully in the future Milano & Bjorkstrand.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Before the season started I thought a guy that seemed pretty realistic for us was Mikko Rantanen. Forward from Finland, already 6'3" and 200 lbs. Playing his 2nd full season in the Liiga right now.

If we're getting all doom and gloom and/or throwing out our dream picks then sign me up for Pavel Zacha or Oliver Kylington.

jonbouldin3

Oct 31, 2013
If i was granted one life wish and one life wish only, and i could wish for anything in the world, it would be for the jackets to win the lottery and see mcdavid in a lumbus jersey. Whether we win the lottery from the cusp of a playoff spot with nearly 1 percent chance (the best way possible, can't imagine what the other 13 teams in front of us think) or if the injury bug continues to hit us and we gain a better percentage and win it that way. I don't care I want to be able to watch a generational player every night playing for the CBJ alongside Milano and bjorstrand that line could be money in the future if they all turn out as projected

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If i was granted one life wish and one life wish only, and i could wish for anything in the world, it would be for the jackets to win the lottery and see mcdavid in a lumbus jersey. Whether we win the lottery from the cusp of a playoff spot with nearly 1 percent chance (the best way possible, can't imagine what the other 13 teams in front of us think) or if the injury bug continues to hit us and we gain a better percentage and win it that way. I don't care I want to be able to watch a generational player every night playing for the CBJ alongside Milano and bjorstrand that line could be money in the future if they all turn out as projected

3 years from now seeing

Foligno-Mcdavid-Bjorkstrand
Milano-Johansen-Rychel
Calvert-Wennberg-Dano

Would be absolutely amazing.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I'm not sure that would be my number 1 life wish but in the sub-category of hockey wishes I have to agree with you. Now at least you will have an ally when we are shunned by all who believe another playoff trip would be more beneficial.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I think we all agree that, in the crazy situation we somehow draft McDavid or Eichel, Anisimov becomes the most expendable center in our organization. What about Wennberg? Would it be beneficial to us to trade him rather than let him slow cook in the AHL? Our top 2 centers for a long time would be 2015 guy+Johansen and Dubinsky's contract is a clear sign that he's going nowhere. 4th line isn't really an option.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
If this mess of a season continues, I'm fully on board for a tank job and hopefully getting Connor McDavid. I think Connor McDavid is going to be a pretty special player in the future.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
No tanking. (Because its immoral and counterproductive). And because there's no need for it. We have a good young core and even if you end up picking in the dreaded 5-14 range, in this draft that's still a lot of talent. This draft is deep, it's not just the superstars at the top.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
would be a good lineup for a Young Stars All-Star Game, but as an NHL team? No thanks.

Hartnell, Dubinsky, Jenner, Atkinson will all still be here.

If we land Mcdavid I could see Atkinson being packaged with Anisimov for a #1RW. Move the Wennberg line down to the 4th line and have a 3rd line of Jenner-Dubinksy-Hartnell.

3 years from now Wennberg and Dano will (likely) have 3 years of NHL experience and will (likely) no longer be eating bottom 6 minutes. Rychel will likely have at least a year (possibly 2) of NHL experience and will probably be 3rd liner and both Bjorkstrand and Milano will both have at least a season or two of pro experience (AHL) and could potentially be looking to crack the team. And that's if they all live up to expectations, if so space will have to be made.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad