Speculation: 2015 NHL Deadline Rumor Thread IV

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He isn't just trying to get rid of it. Even though a lot of people don't want to admit it, Phaneuf still has value. He's a #2 defenseman that should return a lot for the Leafs

It will be easier to move him in the off-season once more defenseman are overpaid in free agency

I never indicated he was trying to ditch it off & I don't think he's a very good #2 but I understand he's a better player than given credit for. I think he'll return value but I don't think it will be anything insane given his contract.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I wouldn't exactly call it a throwaway year
For serious cup chances it is.

So was this one.

Here's major points from what we learned this season:
Voracek can reach his potential.
Couturier cemented hes really good at defense.
Wayne Train is not a 1yr wonder.

Here's what i think we can hope for next year:
Can Brayden Schenn get off a milk carton (I'm not holding my breath)
Can couturier get 60 in offensive role (No help...probably not)
Can Voracek still look as good?
Will one of our defense prospects make the team?

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Who the **** is SB nation and how can they criticize the 2 moves ? Is that a real web site ?

It was a very bad article. His points were non-sense and shows he doesn't understand the context of the trades. So....just ignore, because his opinion means nothing anyway. I thought Hextall did a good job at the deadline. Not an A, but a solid B. He failed to get any young talent in return, which was a bit of a bummer. However, these deals set us up for a much more successful off season.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
There is a fantastic thread bump from June 2014 about Baertschi to Vancouver on the Trade Rumours and FA board, including a Baertschi for Vancouver's 2014 1st rounder AND Vancouver's 2015 1st rounder. :laugh:

HFBoards classic prospect overrating.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Button also called Sanheim a grand slam home run and the best 1996 Dman in the world.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
The Petry & Despres/Lovejoy trades were easily the worst of the day after all the dust settled now.

I'm going to have some good reading material tonight. :laugh:

The penguins defense is going to be fun watching them turn it over all the time and get hammered into the boards. They are then least physical in the east in the playoffs.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He probably will excel at the WJC. It's in Finland so I think that means on big ice.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
In all honestly though, is it really insane to say he possibly will be better than Ekblad in long run? I wouldn't bet money on it and dont expect him to, but I wouldn't exactly rule it out either.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
In all honestly though, is it really insane to say he possibly will be better than Ekblad in long run? I wouldn't bet money on it and dont expect him to, but I wouldn't exactly rule it out either.
One guy's a lot closer to his ceiling than the other. Check back in 7 years.

Flyers Time

May 4, 2012
There is a fantastic thread bump from June 2014 about Baertschi to Vancouver on the Trade Rumours and FA board, including a Baertschi for Vancouver's 2014 1st rounder AND Vancouver's 2015 1st rounder. :laugh:

HFBoards classic prospect overrating.

link?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad