Speculation: 2015 NHL Deadline Rumor Thread IV

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
B. Schenn has to be gone sooner than later since Sanheim doesn't like him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lovejoy for Despres is a classic case we saw here with JVR in that they got frustrated and gave up on what he was supposed to be and not acknowledging what he was and how he was still useful.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks, Akanon.

Hextall basically told anyone who says they should make Couturier expendable because he hasn't scored enough yet to get lost.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He also seemingly inferred that a Dman is on their way out in summer... either Schenn or Grossmann.

His talking about:

Possibly moving more D men.

Shedding more salary on D.

Making space for youth on the backend.

Guys contracts expiring in the next year. (Only Grossmann, L. Schenn and Gudas have expiring contracts as D men next season.)

The logistics of the situation.

All pointed in that direction.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
He also seemingly inferred that a Dman is on their way out in summer... either Schenn or Grossmann.

His talking about:

Possibly moving more D men.

Shedding more salary on D.

Making space for youth on the backend.

Guys contracts expiring in the next year. (Only Grossmann, L. Schenn and Gudas have expiring contracts as D men next season.)

The logistics of the situation.

All pointed in that direction.
Both Schenn ($3.6M) and Grossmann ($3.5M) are on the last year of their contracts. I can't see paying either of them that sort of money on extensions. Grossmann may like it here and be willing to sign for a million less but that Schenn contract isn't worth it much less increasing. Gudas is cheap; he might be worth keeping at a third pairing rate.
The facts are that some of the forwards are going to need pay bumps and that money is going to have to come out of the back end. Then there are the potential buyout possibilities that will cost.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
There is a fantastic thread bump from June 2014 about Baertschi to Vancouver on the Trade Rumours and FA board, including a Baertschi for Vancouver's 2014 1st rounder AND Vancouver's 2015 1st rounder. :laugh:

HFBoards classic prospect overrating.

I just bumped the Sven vs Flyers prospects thread in the polls section. I tried to be objective to ask if the trade to the Canucks gives him a better chance to succeed since they wouldn't trade for him if they didn't see top 6 potential still.

I am sure there will be some Flames fans *****ing about the bump, but how can actually view thing when asking about the future if you don't go and keep looking for updates and compare to the past.

Here is the link.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=98461841#post98461841

I'm sure some people who said Sven was better than all or prospects might be upset at this bump. :sarcasm:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I just bumped the Sven vs Flyers prospects thread in the polls section. I tried to be objective to ask if the trade to the Canucks gives him a better chance to succeed since they wouldn't trade for him if they didn't see top 6 potential still.

I am sure there will be some Flames fans *****ing about the bump, but how can actually view thing when asking about the future if you don't go and keep looking for updates and compare to the past.

Here is the link.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=98461841#post98461841

I'm sure some people who said Sven was better than all or prospects might be upset at this bump. :sarcasm:

Thanks for reminding me to never stray away from this forum. My god.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad