Speculation: 2015 NHL Deadline Rumor Thread IV

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
I'm happy with this deadline.
For once it appears we are going to build a team with our own damn draft picks.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
@davegisaac: "We'll find ways to cover ourselves if they aren't ready." - Hextall on defense prospects next season.

Yeah that threw me for a bit of a loop, since last offseason he preached patience and having the young guys earn their spots. My guess though, is it's more of a testament to Morin than a change in philosophy.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
He's one of the luckiest guys on the planet. From Wikipedia:

The fact that he got to play again in the NHL and move into coaching and managment when his playing days were over is amazing.

Darryl Katz should clean house in Edmonton, but he's an Oiler fan boy (even if he is the owner) who best remembers the glory days. I feel bad for Oiler die hards.

I had no idea about this story. Horrible

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Is this real?

B_HbyN6U4AAabE9.png

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
He's one of the luckiest guys on the planet. From Wikipedia:

The fact that he got to play again in the NHL and move into coaching and managment when his playing days were over is amazing.

Darryl Katz should clean house in Edmonton, but he's an Oiler fan boy (even if he is the owner) who best remembers the glory days. I feel bad for Oiler die hards.
it was a different world back then. Leonard Little (NFL) killed someone in the 90s. The same treatment won't fly today.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Check out these idiots.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/3/2/8134529/nhl-trade-deadline-grades-winners-losers

Loser: Flyers fans

The deadline wasn't a fun one for hockey fans in Philly. Fan-favorite Kimmo Timonen didn't even get to suit up again for the Flyers before he was traded to Chicago. And then one of Philadelphia's best defenseman got traded to Tampa Bay for another oft-suspends bruiser in Radio Gudas. Hard to see how GM Ron Hextall moved the franchise forward with those trades.

RJ8812*

Sure but that can't be your sticking point when you're trying to get rid of a trash contract.

He isn't just trying to get rid of it. Even though a lot of people don't want to admit it, Phaneuf still has value. He's a #2 defenseman that should return a lot for the Leafs

It will be easier to move him in the off-season once more defenseman are overpaid in free agency

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad