Speculation: 2015 NHL Deadline Rumor Thread IV

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Happy with the deadline. Was hoping Grossmann would go...but honestly I think they see him here long term. Berube likes him too much.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Pheneuf still employed by the leafs baffles me. Why didn't the leafs just firesale it all? Bozak and the Joff should have gotten decent returns.

RJ8812*

Pheneuf still employed by the leafs baffles me. Why didn't the leafs just firesale it all? Bozak and the Joff should have gotten decent returns.

Due to the uncertainty of the cap, you cant move him until the off-season

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Good deadline for us. Moved Timonen and Coburn, got more than I expected for Coburn. Was hoping one of Grossmann/Schenn would be moving too but I can live with what we've done. I expect more in the summer.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Craig MacTavish is a ****ing embarrassment. It's disgraceful that someone with such limited intelligence is allowed to manage a professional organization of any kind, let alone an NHL franchise.

It actually sickens me when I hear him talk.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
@davegisaac: "We'll find ways to cover ourselves if they aren't ready." - Hextall on defense prospects next season.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli · 3m3 minutes ago
Hextall: "You can't sign a guy for 6 years and then in the first year say 'Oh boy, how do we get out of this one?'" #macdonald

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli · 3m3 minutes ago
Hextall: "You can't sign a guy for 6 years and then in the first year say 'Oh boy, how do we get out of this one?'" #macdonald

I disagree. Get out of it!!!!!!

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It's pathetic. He's just an average individual. I have nothing against the man personally, but average individuals don't get such high profile jobs in the real world.

He's one of the luckiest guys on the planet. From Wikipedia:

MacTavish missed the 1984–85 season after being convicted of vehicular homicide, having struck and killed a young woman while he was driving under the influence of alcohol. MacTavish pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide and driving under the influence of alcohol the night of January 25, 1984, in Peabody, Massachusetts. Kim Radley, 26, of West Newfield, Maine, died four days later of injuries sustained in the crash.

The fact that he got to play again in the NHL and move into coaching and managment when his playing days were over is amazing.

Darryl Katz should clean house in Edmonton, but he's an Oiler fan boy (even if he is the owner) who best remembers the glory days. I feel bad for Oiler die hards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad