OT: 2015 NFL Football Discussion, parte deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The guys on NBC said a couple of weeks ago Calvin Johnson had a similar play that was ruled a TD. Beckham had both feet down and control, then came the chop which made him lose the ball. I thought it was a TD all the way. But it's the Patriots so expect the calls to go their way.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Still think it was awful play calling by the Giants to call two pass plays when you're 1st and goal. Run the ball and clock for the first two downs, then maybe throw on third and kick it if you don't convert. Giants gave Brady too much time to work with.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Still think it was awful play calling by the Giants to call two pass plays when you're 1st and goal. Run the ball and clock for the first two downs, then maybe throw on third and kick it if you don't convert. Giants gave Brady too much time to work with.

They were going for the TD which was the smart play but ya they should of ran it at least once. Would of burnt a TO at least.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
2dIA2L1.gif

Love it. :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They were going for the TD which was the smart play but ya they should of ran it at least once. Would of burnt a TO at least.

Technically that's what that last rollout was, a 'run' that made them use the TO.

They would have had to run it all three times to make a real difference with the clock since the Pats essentially had two timeouts with the two minute warning. And then you practically take the TD threat away

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta

This might be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

The Giants have so many opportunities to win games and find a way to lose them. And seemingly every year they have 3-4 season long injuries to critical players.If they hadn't won two superbowls in the past decade, I would say they were the most unlucky team in the league.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Technically that's what that last rollout was, a 'run' that made them use the TO.

They would have had to run it all three times to make a real difference with the clock since the Pats essentially had two timeouts with the two minute warning. And then you practically take the TD threat away

Good point. 3 runs basically is just a clock move and you are going for the FG.

How much time does Brady have there? About a minute? Still plenty of time to get into position.

They needed the TD and I think they got it outside of the weird what makes a catch rooms.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
This might be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

The Giants have so many opportunities to win games and find a way to lose them. And seemingly every year they have 3-4 season long injuries to critical players.If they hadn't won two superbowls in the past decade, I would say they were the most unlucky team in the league.

HaHaHa Now that's excitement

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well it's been especially pronounced this year. Even games they won easily like the Redskins and Browns they were puttering around in the first half.

Now Mangold is out and Ivory's questionable to return again. I love Ivory but really he should only be a platoon guy the way he was the previous couple years, he's not durable enough for a true feature role.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And now Hopkins is making Revis look like Peyton Manning - old and decrepit.

The offense looks intimidated by the Houston defense too, dropping passes, missing easy throws, not being able to run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad