OT: 2015 NFL Football Discussion, parte deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The NFL just has too many stupid rules.

The leap over the center is just stupid. I can't wait til the first center just stands up and the leaper lands on his head.

Here's what constitutes a catch. Control and 2 feet on the ground, even in the end zone when the receiver is going down. If a RB can break the plane on a run and what happens afterwards doesn't matter, if the receiver has control and two feet down, the play should be dead. Why does a receiver have to maintain control on the way down?

In the Carolina game, Bradford gets his arm hit and the ball comes out weird. The receiver, on a button hook route, gets hit before the ball gets to him, but the ball is 8 feet to the side and away from him and short. They call pass interference. The ball wasn't catchable. Seems the refs forget that rule too.

Last edited:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
The NFL just has too many stupid rules.

The leap over the center is just stupid. I can't wait til the first center just stands up and the leaper lands on his head.

Here's what constitutes a catch. Control and 2 feet on the ground, even in the end zone when the receiver is going down. If a RB can break the plane on a run and what happens afterwards doesn't matter, if the receiver has control and two feet down, the play should be dead. Why does a receiver have to maintain control on the way down?

Because it needs to be an actual catch to be a touchdown. Can't compare it to a RB because they have the ball in control as they break the plane and at that second it's over. A WR needs to "complete the catch" to be in the same position as a RB hence the added steps needed, The rule could be simpler, sure, but the rule needs to be there to prevent incomplete passes from being touchdowns.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't know why people don't realize Romo isn't even eligible to return until November 22. They are in trouble

And their defense has not been very good. Hardy is their lone bright spot and he is getting into fights with the special teams coach now.

Hard to fall completely out of this division because it stinks, but the Cowboys are pretty much on par with everyone else. Romo isn't going to save this team this year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The sad part is the AFC South is actually worse than the NFC East. And the Colts'll probably still win that division by multiple games even with a 7-9 record. The other hilarious part is the Colts are 1-4 in games started by Luck this year and 2-0 for Hasselbeck. And their next three games aren't easy either...at Carolina, Denver at home and at Atlanta.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I didn't know Fox was broadcasting arena league games.

Is that what the NFL wants? To me, that's not fun. It's turning into college football which I despise.

Other than the Patriots, are there any teams that can consistently play well every week?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Looks like the Jets secondary is a BIT overhyped, good god they're even worse than the Met bullpen.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Looks like the Jets secondary is a BIT overhyped, good god they're even worse than the Met bullpen.

Or maybe they are facing a good QB with some really good WR's. Cooper is so hard to cover. More surprised that the Raiders O-Line is beating the Jets D-Line so far.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The Jets D line is still living in past. Sure they can stop the run, but how come none of them can be a man on a pass rush?

They better draft a pass rusher.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Or maybe they are facing a good QB with some really good WR's. Cooper is so hard to cover. More surprised that the Raiders O-Line is beating the Jets D-Line so far.

They haven't stopped a runny nose in two weeks.

And yeah it would help if the GREAT defensive line could actually generate a pass rush. I'm not even going to get into the stupidity of our QB's - Fitzpatrick running and Geno throwing.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Penn, Jackson and Hudson all are highly ranked (i think all are top 5 for their postion) in pass protection by PFF. Not a real surprise the Jets can't get to Carr. But didn't expect the Raiders being able to run so easily. Also great to see that Carr doesn't care who is covering Cooper.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
UTTER...DISGRACE.

If this were Rex we'd be killing him left and right. This is definitely a Rex-ish game.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
UTTER...DISGRACE.

If this were Rex we'd be killing him left and right. This is definitely a Rex-ish game.

I turned the game off. It's clear they weren't prepared for the game.

I just don't get it with football. They play once a week. I can understand laying an egg in the other 3 sports as fatigue sets, but it's almost an epidemic in football

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I turned the game off. It's clear they weren't prepared for the game.

I just don't get it with football. They play once a week. I can understand laying an egg in the other 3 sports as fatigue sets, but it's almost an epidemic in football

Geno's actually throwing the ball halfway decent but not exactly a mensa decision taking a sack at midfield on 3rd and 1 or allowing himself to be thumped on the sideline when he's the only healthy QB left.

Within two TD's with eight minutes left but still haven't actually STOPPED the Raiders yet.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Eh, they happen every week. It's just now hitting the star players. And these guys just get bigger and faster. That's only going to add to the total

AND you add in more Thursday games, more London games...

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
It just seems to me that the team that wins the championship is the one that suffers the least number of injuries

And they want to add 2 more regular season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->