agreed.

and who cares.

both to the tope line.

Mathews - Marner - Nylander

:nod:

:amazed:
:bow::bow:

Although Mathews is a center

Anyway, to say Marner is better isn't calling Nylander bad. It's actually incredible to think that we have both of them.

They are both easily our two best prospects and I can see the argument for either. Just imagine them together :handclap:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Are we not considering Martin Marincin a prospect?

I guess he has 2 half NHL seasons under his belt.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Voted Marner.
Add Bibeau. FWIW, Dave Morrison had him in his top 10 or top 5 prospects about a year ago. Don"t have the link, but it has been posted on this forum a couple of times.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
18 year Olds going point per game in shl is very rare. Also, nylander has outscored filip forsberg at absolutely every level they have played, and we see what forsberg did this year in nhl. I think nylander will be top 10 nhl scorer for long time, and be comparable in importance to a team as Mr pat kane.

Marner I think is good, but not as special as nylander.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
There is literally no reason to believe that William Hylander will be a better pro than Marner.

While I have to give the edge to Marner, I certainly can't scoff at anything Willy has done this year.

PPG for Modo, and 42 PTS in 47 games for the Marlies for an 18 year old is astounding.

IMO and I very well could be wrong Marner just screams elite top line beast.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
18 year Olds going point per game in shl is very rare. Also, nylander has outscored filip forsberg at absolutely every level they have played, and we see what forsberg did this year in nhl. I think nylander will be top 10 nhl scorer for long time, and be comparable in importance to a team as Mr pat kane.

Marner I think is good, but not as special as nylander.

Nylander is a year closer to a sure thing, and that should be weighted against Marner's ceiling accordingly.

MapleLife*

Are we not considering Martin Marincin a prospect?

I guess he has 2 half NHL seasons under his belt.

Was my initial thought as well, big fan of Marincin but if he has too many games played then alright.

Voted Marner because of the 2-way game though I like Nylander a bit better just cause he's proven against men in 2 pro leagues.

We desperately need some blue-chip d-men to add to the pool

Also, add Verhaeghe + Bibeau

XxJammingxX

Mar 5, 2014
yZKvwf3.png

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
As Leaf fans we really deserve at least a couple out of Brown, Johnson, Bracco and Kapanen to exceed expectations.

How about all four.

Babcock, do it.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
A few people are seriously underestimating Marner's accomplishments. Using league equivalencies, his 2.0 ppg OHL production translates to 0.90 ppg in the AHL. That is better than Nylander's 0.86 this year despite being a year younger.

Marner is *already* a better player than Nylander, and he's a year younger and less physically developed for his age.

Like, this one isn't even close, as the poll numbers reflect.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
A few people are seriously underestimating Marner's accomplishments. Using league equivalencies, his 2.0 ppg OHL production translates to 0.90 ppg in the AHL. That is better than Nylander's 0.86 this year despite being a year younger.

Marner is *already* a better player than Nylander, and he's a year younger and less physically developed for his age.

Like, this one isn't even close, as the poll numbers reflect.

By that logic shouldn't Connor Brown have scored like a PPG this year?

PJJ

Jun 26, 2015
GTA
Marner is our #1 prospect just because he was #4 overall but I think Nylander will be a better player in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese