OT: 2015 Football Thread II: Jets cut bust Coples

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Manage the clock better. He's been terrible at that this season.

QB is also his fault. Geno should've been back in the lineup the game that he was ready to come back. Fitzpatrick has shown that he's not any better and has lesser potential.

OL isn't really his fault. Hard to deal with injuries on the offensive line.

I don't understand anyone thinking about Geno Smith. He has consistently shown that he has, if it's possible, negative situational awareness. His potential is zero and won't be on the team and likely the NFL next season.

That said I don't think Bowles has shown much either. How does he consistently have too many men penalties in critical situations?

BarbaraAlphanse

Keep losing, Jets. :)

More talent needed, especially on the offensive side of the ball. QB, RB1 (Ivory ideally should be the change of pace, sledgehammer), OL help.

BarbaraAlphanse

Upcoming Jets/Giants game set to be a real barn-burner. :laugh:

Only difference is that the Giants will probably sneak into the playoffs with an 8-8 or 9-7 record and beat the Patriots in the SB in memorable fashion as the Patriots try and go on to be the first team to go 19-0... again.

Disgusting similarities already.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Very strange day for DFS. Not the way I wanted my DK career to end. A lot of "can't miss guys" well, they missed.

Everyone got injured. And lol Derek Carr.

Keep losing, Jets. :)

More talent needed, especially on the offensive side of the ball. QB, RB1 (Ivory ideally should be the change of pace, sledgehammer), OL help.

The Jets do not need a RB. Ivory is good and it's an extremely unimportant position. Look at the Vikings history since AP was there. They've made the playoffs in 3 of his 7 seasons. The only year they were really good was when they had Favre at QB. Other than that they've never had more than 10 wins. And in many of those years they had great QB play. The one year they made it without a great defense/QB was the year AP ran for 2100 yards which is obviously not something you can expect.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Jets need a QB. Sanchez, Geno, Fitzpatrick all haven't worked. Petty likely won't be good either.

Not a single good NFL QB since Tony Romo in 2003 has not been drafted in the first 1/3 of the draft. Brady's the only other late round or undrafted QB who has been good thats currently starting. The only other four decent QB's who weren't first round picks are Wilson, Brees, Dalton and Carr, a mid 3rd and three early 2nd's. Of the 20-21 decent QB's in the NFL, only 6 were not picked in round one and only two weren't in the first third of the draft, so you almost certainly have to find a QB early in the draft, likely in the first round. You are probably wasting a pick by picking a QB after the third.

Other needs, guard, center, tight end, OLB. I think we need to bring in a starting guard, TE and OLB for next season.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The Jets need a QB. Sanchez, Geno, Fitzpatrick all haven't worked. Petty likely won't be good either.

Not a single good NFL QB since Tony Romo in 2003 has not been drafted in the first 1/3 of the draft. Brady's the only other late round or undrafted QB who has been good thats currently starting. The only other four decent QB's who weren't first round picks are Wilson, Brees, Dalton and Carr, a mid 3rd and three early 2nd's. Of the 20-21 decent QB's in the NFL, only 6 were not picked in round one and only two weren't in the first third of the draft, so you almost certainly have to find a QB early in the draft, likely in the first round. You are probably wasting a pick by picking a QB after the third.

Other needs, guard, center, tight end, OLB. I think we need to bring in a starting guard, TE and OLB for next season.

If only we didn't blow it by winning 2 of the last 3 including vs Tenn at the end of last year we could have had a chance at Mariota...just like we did when Matt Ryan was drafted as well.

BarbaraAlphanse

If only we didn't blow it by winning 2 of the last 3 including vs Tenn at the end of last year we could have had a chance at Mariota...just like we did when Matt Ryan was drafted as well.

These are wounds that are still fresh. The final win during Ryan's year was inexplicable. We were guaranteed a pick to get Ryan if we wanted.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I usually think we should go BPA, but I think we need to draft a QB with our first in this draft.

If you eliminate the starting QB position, we are among the best teams in the NFL the other 1-52, but having one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL makes us a very average football team.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Jets schedule isn't bad the rest of the way...

Miami - An even worse of a disaster than the Jets
Giants - Toss up. Although Giants are probably better right now.
Titans - Bad team
Cowboys - Probably a loss with Romo & Dez back, but they've been quite bad this year.
Patriots - Loss
Bills - Can go any way, but January game in Buffalo won't be fun.

Things go right, they finish 9-7. Realistically, I see 7-9 unless they just collapse. 7-9 puts you between pick 10-15.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
The Giant game is not a tossup. I expect to win against the Jets. They can't stop the pass and the Giants are passing at will. They can't do **** on offense and the Giants are struggling to defend. I will take my chances. Specially with Nicks back and an angry Odell Beckham Jr salivating to humiliate the Jets secondary after all the talking they did before the season started.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I usually think we should go BPA, but I think we need to draft a QB with our first in this draft.

If you eliminate the starting QB position, we are among the best teams in the NFL the other 1-52, but having one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL makes us a very average football team.

I really don't think that's true. And I think the last few weeks have shown that. The Jets are top 15 with a good QB. One of the best? Don't think so.

*Bob Richards*

The Giant game is not a tossup. I expect to win against the Jets. They can't stop the pass and the Giants are passing at will. They can't do **** on offense and the Giants are struggling to defend. I will take my chances. Specially with Nicks back and an angry Odell Beckham Jr salivating to humiliate the Jets secondary after all the talking they did before the season started.

I have literally less than 0 confidence in our defense stopping anything. I know the Jets are struggling but one of those automated football passing machines would hit 300+ yards against us. :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really don't think that's true. And I think the last few weeks have shown that. The Jets are top 15 with a good QB. One of the best? Don't think so.

We are 5-5 with one of the worst QB's in the league. You are basically saying a good QB wouldn't make us any better.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

The Giants are playing better, so right now they should be expected to win, but your reasoning doesn't make much sense.

Nicks shouldn't be expected to do **** against anyone. He's not a good player.

ODB will have a very tough match-up against one of the best CB's in the NFL. The demise of Revis is greatly exaggerated. PFF rates him as one of the best in the league, and he's only had one game where he gave up anything notable.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
ODB will have a very tough match-up against one of the best CB's in the NFL. The demise of Revis is greatly exaggerated. PFF rates him as one of the best in the league, and he's only had one game where he gave up anything notable.

Not like he hasn't performed well against elite CBs before.

odell-beckham-jr-beat-richard-sherman-b.gif

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
I hate to sound like a broken record but you Jets fans are a funny bunch every year you get out to a 3-1 or 4-1 start and then the talk comes on how you are a just a good QB away from being a SB contender but I dont think you guys know what a SB contender looks like because you for sure are more than a QB away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad