OT: 2015 Football Thread II: Jets cut bust Coples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Nope totes eli he has to throw perfect spirals all day or else he needs to be replaced.

Did you even watch the play?

It was a poorly thrown ball. Even the announcers agree. The problem is that Parker still should have made a play.

Other than a single pass, Eli threw a poor ball on every single play that drive. Either overthrowing guys (Beckham and Donnell) or underthrowing guys (Parker and Cunningham).

The fact that you can't even acknowledge that is beyond me.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Don't think it was that dreadful of a ball, it wasn't a good ball by any means, but it wasn't dreadful. Parker had tons of square footage around him. One step to the ball, that's right in his chest. Make a play.

No, it was poor. This is the 4th quarter with the game on the line. How about Eli throw one single pass on target? Is it wrong to ask for one well thrown ball? The O-Line was giving him a year to throw each time other than the single pressure.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Amazing. Truly amazing. The Falcons can't cover Beckham(see the PI he drew). So, they go away from him AGAIN. I am so disgusted with this team right now, it's beyond words. Pure stupidity.

Exactly. Eli not going to him on the fumble sent me through the ****ing roof in terms of anger. Wide open and he is looking end zone instead of checking other options.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com

It was a poorly thrown ball. Even the announcers agree. The problem is that Parker still should have made a play.

Other than a single pass, Eli threw a poor ball on every single play that drive. Either overthrowing guys (Beckham and Donnell) or underthrowing guys (Parker and Cunningham).

I'll agree the other throws we're bad but that one to parker was very catchable for a NFL receiver. But ya know parker isn't one.

RIP giants :( on to hockey.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY

It wasn't a greatly thrown ball, but one that an NFL receiver should still be able to make.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
You can't win like this. I know Eli held on to the ball and they mismanaged the clock but the defense has to make a stop. Every time we do something stupid we completely fall apart. This team has no BACKBONE. Zero pride too. There is no fixing this. It's in the DNA of this team to lose now. It has to get blown up. This stuff should NEVER happen. It is unprofessional. If you did the equivalent on your job you would get canned. Coughlin needs to go right now. And I never want to hear about Pugh being a good tackle or that slug John Jerry. We just have so many bad players it makes me sick.

OBJ is killing them and then they decide to run the ball and slow it down while they were on their heels. You can't make this stuff up. You need to take the head off when you have a team by the throat. I am completely deflated. We won't recover from this start. The season is already over.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hm.

Makes you wonder if maybe it would've been a better idea to let Eli play out the season on the contract he was on, rather than re-upping him before the season started. It's pretty obvious that this Giants team needs to change colors.

A lot of people might say that they could be 2-0 rather than 0-2 with a change of one small thing... but really, they are 0-2 because the **** trickles down from the top.

It was time to rebuild two seasons ago, but, now we have an $84m QB on the decline locked up for five more seasons including this one...

The next five seasons are going to be very strange in G-men land.

*Bob Richards*

Lol Giants. Glad I missed that one. Still have PTSD from the Cowboys game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'll agree the other throws we're bad but that one to parker was very catchable for a NFL receiver. But ya know parker isn't one.

RIP giants :( on to hockey.

It wasn't very catchable, but it definitely deserved a better effort than Parker gave.

And I never want to hear about Pugh being a good tackle or that slug John Jerry. We just have so many bad players it makes me sick.

Eh, I can't kill the O-Line too much. They played decent. Gave Eli a ton of time for much of the game. Even after Flowers went down. The run blocking is beginning to get aggravating, though.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Eli Manning once again comes up short. After that fumble, it was ALL Falcons. Defense goes MIA once again.

Randle, Parker, Cunningham, Donnell....Beckham? I have no idea how he goes an entire half with only one catch after tearing the Falcons apart in the 1st. It just blows the mind. They finally throw to him when there's no choice and he gets overthrown and draws a PI because THEY CAN'T COVER HIM. So....go back to the rest of the scrubs on the WR corps. Makes perfect sense. Not that it matters, Eli couldn't make a good throw anyways but maybe Beckham could circus catch one and make it interesting.

Terrible play calling, even worse execution. Brain cramp after brain cramp. I don't know who to blame, Coughlin, Eli, the coaches, at this point I don't even care. This team can't get their heads removed out of their ass and changes need to happen. It's on the entire organization.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hm.

Makes you wonder if maybe it would've been a better idea to let Eli play out the season on the contract he was on, rather than re-upping him before the season started. It's pretty obvious that this Giants team needs to change colors.

A lot of people might say that they could be 2-0 rather than 0-2 with a change of one small thing... but really, they are 0-2 because the **** trickles down from the top.

It was time to rebuild two seasons ago, but, now we have an $84m QB on the decline locked up for five more seasons including this one...

The next five seasons are going to be very strange in G-men land.

I've been saying for ages that I was against giving him a long contract before the season. The idiocy of that contract blows my mind. 84M for a guy who makes rookie mistakes week in, week out. Hell, we could've gotten him cheaper if he had **** year. Instead, we paid a premium. It's not like he'd get much more if his play was solid this year since 84M is a big time contract for him regardless.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Eli Manning once again comes up short. After that fumble, it was ALL Falcons. Defense goes MIA once again.

Randle, Parker, Cunningham, Donnell....Beckham? I have no idea how he goes an entire half with only one catch after tearing the Falcons apart in the 1st. It just blows the mind. They finally throw to him when there's no choice and he gets overthrown and draws a PI because THEY CAN'T COVER HIM. So....go back to the rest of the scrubs on the WR corps. Makes perfect sense. Not that it matters, Eli couldn't make a good throw anyways but maybe Beckham could circus catch one and make it interesting.

Terrible play calling, even worse execution. Brain cramp after brain cramp. I don't know who to blame, Coughlin, Eli, the coaches, at this point I don't even care. This team can't get their heads removed out of their ass and changes need to happen. It's on the entire organization.

That 4th quarter was some of the worst quarterbacking by a NFL player I have seen since last week.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City

Beckham and Vereen were killing them and Coughlin decides to start running the ball and throwing to Donnell and Randle and Parker and all the other bums. I did not see OBJ targeted more than a handful of times the entire second half. One catch and one pass interference. They really did not help themselves.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Coughlin should have been let go after last year. It's obvious that the game has passed him by. I expected absolutely nothing this season and that's what we're getting.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Even having both baseball teams in the playoffs won't save Coughlin and Reese from a savage hunt.

I think the Super Bowl goodwill is over. Both are definitely going to be on the hot seat if they don't start winning some games.

One instance of bad clock management, I'm looking at the QB, 2 weeks, and I'm looking at the Coach.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I've been saying for ages that I was against giving him a long contract before the season. The idiocy of that contract blows my mind. 84M for a guy who makes rookie mistakes week in, week out. Hell, we could've gotten him cheaper if he had **** year. Instead, we paid a premium. It's not like he'd get much more if his play was solid this year since 84M is a big time contract for him regardless.

(Very) long-term, with that contract, the Giants are still in okay shape if they play it right... It's just time to start the re-tool for the post Eli Giants TODAY, not four years from now, now. They have to do it like the Rangers did. Field a team that's in it to win every season while re-tooling all over the field. Eli leaves in five years, we plug in a rookie QB from that year's draft and go to work because he has the tools around him to get to work right away.

'16 draft - O line, d-backs, linebackers
'17 draft - WR to complement OBJ, d-line, o-line
'18 draft - RB, d-backs
'19 draft - QB

Re-tool the trenches. Get playmakers on defense. They have a lot of time to field out this plan. But, I want to win every season.

Is that a beard on Joe Buck's face, or did he get a little too involved with some chocolate ice cream?

Where can I watch the end of the Bills game?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Dan Girardi has more situational awareness and a better chance of scoring on a breakway than does Eli Manning in a goal line offense.

It's almost just funny at this point as opposed to disappointing.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Thank God hockey is starting soon. These Giants losses have been just so damn horrible in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad