OT: 2015 Football Thread II: Jets cut bust Coples

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
BTW I think the Collins no-catch was more of a catch than OBJ's since he came down with the ball but only lost it after rolling over.

This.

If a Patriot touched him while he was coming down with the ball, they would look at the replay and say that he was down by contact because his elbow touched the ground. I don't have the slightest clue how the league doesn't give a player in a situation like that the benefit of the doubt even when there is no contact by an opposing player.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
looks like victor cruz finally announced he is done for the season. interesting timing on that one.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I don't think you should have to become a runner in the end zone to have it be a catch. Possession and two feet should be enough.

Why should there be a more relaxed rule for making a catch in the end zone? Or maybe I'm not sure what you mean by possession. If you make a catch in the field and get hit with the ball popping out it's incomplete. No difference with OBJ except he was stripped rather than hit. I still think Coughlin should have challenged the Collins play (who came down with the ball and only lost it when he rolled over in pain). Not like he needed the TO.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the Jets need to go at least 3-1 in the next four against the Texans, Dolphins, Giants and Titans. I don't want to go into the last three games with any less than 8 wins. I don't think its going to be easy to get two wins out of the last three against Dallas, New England and Buffalo.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
first Beatty and then Cruz, damn are the NYG unlucky

This is going to be a really interesting offseason for the NYG.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Can Coughlin get canned tomorrow? Pretty please? Even after Coughlin's ineptitude Collins had a chance to win the game and he drops an easy INT. This 2nd half perfectly sums up the entire Giants franchise. ****ing worthless.

I hope you don't mean for the entirety of the franchise.
The second they ran the fade which was over before the 2 minute warning I was already yelling at the TV much to my friends rofling delight

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I was really looking forward to him coming back, but, son of a *****, Cruz is done for the season. Apparently, he re-tore his calf muscle.

And I'm hearing murmurs that the Giants will want to get rid of him. If anything, get rid of that medical crew that is employed by the Giants. We constantly lose our offensive linemen and our secondary, even our star players from time to time. They have to be overlooking something or just doing an inept job at it.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I was really looking forward to him coming back, but, son of a *****, Cruz is done for the season. Apparently, he re-tore his calf muscle.

And I'm hearing murmurs that the Giants will want to get rid of him. If anything, get rid of that medical crew that is employed by the Giants. We constantly lose our offensive linemen and our secondary, even our star players from time to time. They have to be overlooking something or just doing an inept job at it.

they must be using the same crew as the mets

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The Jets game plan today is awful. Why is every pass play at least 15 yards downfield? They have two corners out and JJ Watt. Why are we not taking advantage of that with short passes to beat the corner and getting the ball out quickly before Watt can disrupt the play.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The most disappointing thing about the Jets collapse has been the defense. You expect the offense to be ****, but the defense is routinely embarrassed.

*Bob Richards*

Famous Jameis and Doug Martin are torching the Eagles right now.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Rich Gannon's analysis has been absurdly bad. if you punt in that spot you might as well just go home and retire from football. No wonder this guys in the booth and not coaching a team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What do you expect him to do without a QB, with OL problems, and with all of the other issues the team has?

Manage the clock better. He's been terrible at that this season.

QB is also his fault. Geno should've been back in the lineup the game that he was ready to come back. Fitzpatrick has shown that he's not any better and has lesser potential.

OL isn't really his fault. Hard to deal with injuries on the offensive line.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I can't believe how much the Vikings waste a talent like Kyle Rudolph. I don't know what's wrong with Teddy. It's criminal really. They have pretty bad receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad