Prospect Info: 2015 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
LoL, I brought this up in 2003. It goes by Chinese astrology ...... every 12 years......

Dean should have been prepping for this draft YEARS ago......

Why? Most of these prospects are going to be Year of the Rat. The Rat is the most intelligent and ambitious/competitive of the Chinese Zodiac. They're a bunch of winners.....

Somewhere, Ken Linseman is smilling =)

Linseman picked up the nickname "The Rat" both by his appearance and the way he played. He had a great talent for agitating the opposing team to a high level of frustration. He was once charged for kicking a player in the head with his skates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Linseman

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The 13th pick from 79, 91, and 03:

1979: Doug Sulliman
1991: Phillipe Boucher
2003: Dustin Brown

Captain Mittens*

LoL, I brought this up in 2003. It goes by Chinese astrology ...... every 12 years......

I am already ready for 2027

Murray Roy is going 1st overall *****es!

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Did anyone else notice Christian Ruutu mentioning in that article that they scouted the Czech Republic and Switzerland more heavily this year than they've ever done in the past?

Makes you wonder what players they might have been looking at over there -- Jonas Siegenthaler or Daniel Vladar, maybe?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Did anyone else notice Christian Ruutu mentioning in that article that they scouted the Czech Republic and Switzerland more heavily this year than they've ever done in the past?

Makes you wonder what players they might have been looking at over there -- Jonas Siegenthaler or Daniel Vladar, maybe?

He actually said more trips to Czech and Switzerland, not necessarily more scouting of players from those countries.

FYI, the 2015 U18 tournament was held in Switzerland, where the US team won Gold. Lot of the prospects in the 2015 draft were in the U18 tournament, as you can see when viewing each nation's roster, http://u18worlds2015.iihf.com/

The Ivan Hlinka Tournament and World Championships also took place in the Czech Republic, http://hlinkamemorial.com/eng/index.asp

Traveling to those countries more was meant for scouting junior tournaments more so than anything else.

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
He actually said more trips to Czech and Switzerland, not necessarily more scouting of players from those countries.

FYI, the 2015 U18 tournament was held in Switzerland, where the US team won Gold. Lot of the prospects in the 2015 draft were in the U18 tournament, as you can see when viewing each nation's roster, http://u18worlds2015.iihf.com/

The Ivan Hlinka Tournament and World Championships also took place in the Czech Republic, http://hlinkamemorial.com/eng/index.asp

Traveling to those countries more was meant for scouting junior tournaments more so than anything else.

More than likely you're right, but he also didn't say that they went in specifically for the tournament, put up the horse blinders, and hopped on the first flight out of the country as soon as possible either.

They're already there and they are scouts so a side trip to check out players in the area isn't unheard of or unthinkable. All you need is one viewing that intrigues you to schedule follow-ups.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

3rd round pick...Michael Spacek (RW-Czech)! Highly skilled winger on the small side. Could be a Detroit like Tatar/Jurco for the Kings.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Need a quick rundown of the NHL draft lol don't know much out of the top 5 and the 67s captain, who will probably be available at 13 (Travis Konecny). He's undersized though. That's really all I know.

Captain Mittens*

Need a quick rundown of the NHL draft lol don't know much out of the top 5 and the 67s captain, who will probably be available at 13 (Travis Konecny). He's undersized though. That's really all I know.

I don't usually recommend reading the main boards, but the NHL Draft(normally the prospects forum) is really good. A lot of mock drafts and threads on players

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear

You have no excuse after this.

Link to ISS

Link to Future Considerations

Mock Draft 1-10
Mock Draft 11-20
Mock Draft 21-30

Link to Hockey Prospect

In audio form they go through all 30 prospects on their list.

There's also an interview with Craig Button on there as well.

Kyle Woodlief (Red Line Report)

Top 10 Forwards
Top 10 Goalies
Top 10 Defensemen
Mock Draft

Bob McKenzie's top prospects

Craig Button's ranking of top 100.

NHL Central Scouting

Central Scouting Final Rankings
Top 10 Centers
Top 10 Left Wing
Top 10 Right Wing
Top 10 Defensemen
Top 10 Goalies
NHL.com Mock Draft

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Why? Most of these prospects are going to be Year of the Rat. The Rat is the most intelligent and ambitious/competitive of the Chinese Zodiac. They're a bunch of winners.....

You keep using this every 12 years thought, but you ignore that 1979 was due to basically being three drafts in one and 2003 was due to having essentially two years of college kids in one. 2015 is obviously highly debatable, since no one ha even been drafted yet, nevermind proven. As for 1991, why is that so special? Yes there were some good players but lets compare it to 1992 using hockeydb stats.

Total drafted players to play in NHL: 113

Percent of players to play in NHL: 42.8

Average NHL Career Games: 372

Average NHL Career Goals: 64

Average NHL Career Points: 172

Average NHL Career PIM: 302

Total drafted players to play in NHL: 125

Percent of players to play in NHL: 47.3

Average NHL Career Games: 304

Average NHL Career Goals: 39

Average NHL Career Points: 112

Average NHL Career PIM: 271

1991 had slightly better averages for players that made the NHL, however more picks actually made the NHL in 1992. Why is 1991 so great?

The every 12 years theory is just a myth, nothing more.

Perfect post, well done Primakov!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
SI.com posted a terrific retrospective of the 2005 draft and how it went down.
http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/06/23/oral-history-2005-nhl-draft-sidney-crosby-carey-price

Hard to believe it's already been 10 years since the Kings selected Anze Kopitar with the 11th pick.

Here's a quote from Kopitar:

“I thought at that point, I had a somewhat strong feeling or somewhat of an idea that I was going to Columbus. I had met with their GM a few times. All those meetings were very productive so I figured that was it. They were pretty straight forward by saying that if I was still available that they would pick me. It didn’t happen but at the same time I’m very thankful because being in L.A. we’ve had some success and it’s been great for me.”

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
SI.com posted a terrific retrospective of the 2005 draft and how it went down.
http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/06/23/oral-history-2005-nhl-draft-sidney-crosby-carey-price

Hard to believe it's already been 10 years since the Kings selected Anze Kopitar with the 11th pick.

Here's a quote from Kopitar:

SSTRXbm.png

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Haha, well done.

There's a behind the scenes video on YouTube following the Columbus Blue Jackets at the draft, and you see their then GM Doug MacLean being tempted by Kopitar, but ultimately going with his sons favorite player, Gilbert Brule.

I hope the Kings sent a gift basket to the MacLean family, and a special thank you note to his son for swaying his dad to pick Brule.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I like Timo Meier... Is that a thing? Or are people not down with him lol

We get him in a lot of mocks.

Question is if he's a great player in his own right or if he's getting slightly carried. He's also a late b-day for this class. But I forget where I read it, but I've seen some compare his scouting report to Monahan, so there's a lot to like there, your'e not crazy!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Seems like any one of Konecny, Connor, Barzal or Meier could be around at #13. Svechnikov as well perhaps. Those are probably the 5 names I'd like to for top six potential at #13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad