Prospect Info: 2015 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
What's the source?

I ask because this would be the first time I've ever heard of something like that being mentioned and I'm pretty sure we'd have talked about it here to some degree if it were true.

not sure yet, one of our more veteran posters said he saw//heard about it, but he went offline. just the timing of it (24 hours from the draft) seemed bizarre if it was true.

was hoping you guy's might've heard something. like i said, just weird timing, because, if it is true (which i don't know) why would anyone even mention it unless the kings had a sliver of doubt about who might be there at 13?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Thanks for the link! Sounded more like Futa is just talking about the team's options more so than saying that is something that they will do.

The team should be nowhere near drafting at 13 next season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn't even know that was possible :laugh:

Have a hard time buying we'd do it though because that would be us banking on being worse next year than this year. Don't see the advantage especially with us being high on (certainly) Zacha and Svechnikov.

Captain Mittens*

Thanks for the link! Sounded more like Futa is just talking about the team's options more so than saying that is something that they will do.

I hope the Kings pick, that ultimately goes to Carolina, in 2016 is the 30th

Kings4thecup

Aug 16, 2010
Sacramento, CA

Of course they can trade the pick for next year's pick and something else. There definitely would be a lot of value there, but I doubt that happens.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
They replayed the 2003 draft on the NHL Network. Does this group look like they know what they're doing?

Taylor: "Uh, maybe we need to call timeout and consult Central Scouting"

FAldX2R.png

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Did Futa admit that drafting Hickey at #4 was a mistake and probably should've taken someone else? Sort of sounded like it.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Sounded like it. But he did admit he is playing 22 minutes a night for the Islanders. Just didn't work out.

Yep, just no real spot for him at the time. I know it sucks for any organization to draft a high pick and develop the guy only to watch him go somewhere else because the the team got "boxed in" as Futa refers to it.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
When you draft someone 4th overall and lose him on waivers bee he ever plays an NHL game you don't need to admit it was a mistake.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Looking at the 2003 draft again, oh boy... Hugh Jessiman.

From the 2003 draft special after he was drafted:
Huge Jessiman wouldn't wear that Rangers jersey again. 0 games played.

Peire McGuire's love for Zach Parise goes pretty far back. He went on and on about how nobody has taken him once they got past pick 14." Size is not a factor!"

Last edited:

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
I'm starting to see the Coyotes trading out of #3 to Columbus for 8, and the Kings will try to swing a deal with them flipping 13 and something for 8, Kings want to get in the top 10 for someone..Meier, Rantanen, Zacha (though I feel he goes 6 to New Jersey) Yotes get some needed assets for now which they need and still a good draft pick to get a quality player.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
My last video prior to the draft: Jacob Larsson

Thanks for sharing these. A lot of hard work goes into each one so it's ambitious and laudable that you want to do a profile of a player for every team if there already isn't a profile on one of their players. I watched some of the video, not all of it. Caught that Larsson is going to be more of a defensive defenseman and that he has the size but needs to use more strength to win battles. I didn't remember that Pittsburgh doesn't have a pick until the 46th pick. Ouch. Of course, we won't have our 1st round pick next year either so we'd better knock it out of the park today.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Thanks for sharing these. A lot of hard work goes into each one so it's ambitious and laudable that you want to do a profile of a player for every team if there already isn't a profile on one of their players. I watched some of the video, not all of it. Caught that Larsson is going to be more of a defensive defenseman and that he has the size but needs to use more strength to win battles. I didn't remember that Pittsburgh doesn't have a pick until the 46th pick. Ouch. Of course, we won't have our 1st round pick next year either so we'd better knock it out of the park today.

Thank you!

Making a video for each team who didn't draft a player I did a video on shouldn't be too bad. I mean, I have 45 videos on prospects. There are 30 teams. The top 10 consensus players are covered. So those teams are out. The next 10 should be covered for the most part.

And there are some prospects who fall.

I don't anticipate having to make more than 5 videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad