Prospect Info: 2015 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Seeing how the Kings are in position to be a lottery team (currently the 10th worst team in the league as of 2/5), it's appropriate that we start focusing on the upcoming 2015 NHL Entry Draft and who might be available at the #10 range.

NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

ISS Top 30 Rankings:
http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/

Other Scouting Service Rankings:
http://www.mynhldraft.com/2015-draft/prospect-rankings/

Bob McKenzie Top 15 Prospect Rankings:
http://www.tsn.ca/teen-titans-mcdavid-eichel-top-mckenzie-s-draft-ranking-1.83478

Last edited:

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
We really should go after those great D men. Kylington is a terrific offensive defenseman that we could use; a 16 year old defenseman in the SHL is phenomenal. Zach Werenski is also a good puck moving defenseman.
According to Mckenzie, Nicholas Roy looks pretty good too, RW and good puck possession. Replacment for Williams.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
I like the following kids allot.

1st Werenski, Zach

2nd Zacha, Pavel

3rd Meier, Timo

Any one of these kids I think will be really great adds for us.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
This draft is a great opportunity for us. Look at Lindholm and the Ducks. If we're going to suck, we need to start working hard at it.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Werenski would be a good future partner to have opposite to Drew Doughty. Big bodied, left handed dman with good instincts.

He'll likely go between #4-6, so Deano may have to move up in order to select him.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
We really should go after those great D men. Kylington is a terrific offensive defenseman that we could use; a 16 year old defenseman in the SHL is phenomenal. Zach Werenski is also a good puck moving defenseman.
According to Mckenzie, Nicholas Roy looks pretty good too, RW and good puck possession. Replacment for Williams.

Roy is good and has tremendous potential but he's not a replacement for JDub because he would be a few years away. The Kings will have to find someone to immediately fit into the top 6 should Williams be traded at the deadline or walk in the offseason.

Personally, I always like to build from the net out. We have the depth between the pipes so I would like to see a defensemen chosen depending on our draft position. You can never have too many in the pipeline.

I know we are thin on the wings but forwards are easier to cultivate than a stud defensemen. I still can't believe a guy like Seth Jones slipped to number 4 overall in his draft year (2013). The Panthers got it right taking Ekblad 1st overall last year and they will benefit for years to come with him in their stable.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
If we are going to take a year off, this is the best draft to do it for.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Roy is good and has tremendous potential but he's not a replacement for JDub because he would be a few years away. The Kings will have to find someone to immediately fit into the top 6 should Williams be traded at the deadline or walk in the offseason.

Personally, I always like to build from the net out. We have the depth between the pipes so I would like to see a defensemen chosen depending on our draft position. You can never have too many in the pipeline.

I know we are thin on the wings but forwards are easier to cultivate than a stud defensemen. I still can't believe a guy like Seth Jones slipped to number 4 overall in his draft year (2013). The Panthers got it right taking Ekblad 1st overall last year and they will benefit for years to come with him in their stable.

Agreed. I would also like to see a Dman get drafted. With guys like Zykov and Kempe that are potential future wingers, a great D prospect would really balance out our future roster.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kings need a top Five pick for a chance( a good one) at an intimidate impact player.

I don't think that's going to happen.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I'd look at trading up to three (if we stay at 10th or so) and taking Noah Hanifin. No one is trading into the top 2 and it's doubtful we win the lottery, so the best player truly available to LA in trade or otherwise is at pick three.

Hanifin seems very Doughty like offensively. I think the defense could be honed up with practice over time, but he's very natural with the puck.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'd look at trading up to three (if we stay at 10th or so) and taking Noah Hanifin. No one is trading into the top 2 and it's doubtful we win the lottery, so the best player truly available to LA in trade or otherwise is at pick three.

Hanifin seems very Doughty like offensively. I think the defense could be honed up with practice over time, but he's very natural with the puck.

That would take, quite the trade form Lombardi.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
That was my thinking as well, Hanifin could be a Franchise Defender. No team is giving that shot up without serious compensation.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
A 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd would definitely open the conversation

One thing is for sure, Lombardi can't...Waste the next few years of Doughty's production prime.

So he has to do something.

I wouldn't bank on Doughty pulling a Lidstrom, or having a Gio (career year at 31 years of age).

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I think Doughty is going be a Bourque/Niedermayer and be very productive for a long time.

No matter the challenge, Doughty seems like that type of player that can be as good as he wants to elevate himself to. He's potentially the best D-man of his generation. I can't say that about any other King.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I disagree, Doughty keeps getting better every year. He's gonna be a monster for many, many more years. He's only 25.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
One thing is for sure, Lombardi can't...Waste the next few years of Doughty's production prime.

So he has to do something.

I wouldn't bank on Doughty pulling a Lidstrom, or having a Gio (career year at 31 years of age).

Ray Bourque was productive on down to the end and that style is pretty much Doughty's template. I don't see any reason he can't continue being very very effective later on as he's a good game reader and despite his crazy antics his best attribute is still his IQ. Hell, he may even get better as he stops trying to be sportscenter city.

But you're referring to his production prime only I believe, I'm not really going to argue against that, but hey, maybe the assists number goes up with a different coach, he figures out how to get shots through, etc...but statistically you are correct right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad