Prospect Info: 2015 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm a big fan of Provorov. Roy would be a good fit, too.

I've made several shift by shift videos of the draft for this year. I made them last year after the Kings draft, but made them preemtively this year.

I will link them all later on this thread when I have access to my computer. You can look up HockeyPwns on youtube.

Go easy on the commentary ones though ;) I'm not good with a mic and am pretty nervous with them. Still trying to improve on them.

Cool, they'll be useful since I think more and more fans will be focusing on the draft the further the Kings sink towards the bottom of the standings.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
This team needs goal scoring wingers, power forwards, and a young talented left defensemen prospect to play with Doughty or Voynov.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Why is everyone so hung up on getting Doughty a partner? Muzzin is a great partner for him.

(Ignore his pass to Jug-Stand last night.)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Why does Lombardi not like University of Michigan?

He made some comments that he thought were off the record a few years back. Basically thought Jack Johnson was allowed to freelance and didn't get much coaching on his flaws. Lombardi had previous experience with a guy named Jeff Jillson in San Jose who was a highly touted guy out of Michigan but didn't pan out in the NHL.

“This guy has never had any coaching [at the University of Michigan],†Lombardi said. “Jack just did what he wanted.â€

“Michigan is the worst.†Lombardi added. “For hockey people, if you’ve got a choice between a kid—all things being equal—one’s going to Michigan and one’s going to Boston University, you all want your player [going to Boston University]. Michigan’s players—[head coach] Red [Berenson] doesn’t coach. It’s ‘do what you want.’ He getsthe best players in the country.â€

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
He made some comments that he thought were off the record a few years back. Basically thought Jack Johnson was allowed to freelance and didn't get much coaching on his flaws. Lombardi had previous experience with a guy named Jeff Jillson in San Jose who was a highly touted guy out of Michigan but didn't pan out in the NHL.

Thanks. I appreciate the info. So I'm guessing we probably aren't drafting Werenski.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Why is everyone so hung up on getting Doughty a partner? Muzzin is a great partner for him.

Yeah, I still think Muzzin is a good defenseman, especially with Doughty. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Not sure if directed me since I pushed Hanifin but I'm not looking at getting Doughty a partner. I have been very impressed with Hanifin and think he'd be the best player on the board after the top two kids go. I think he was the best skater on the US WJC team, even better than Eichel (and to clarify, yes, I'd still draft Eichel over Hanifin).

Thanks. I appreciate the info. So I'm guessing we probably aren't drafting Werenski.

I wouldn't say absolutely not. DL did trade for Jack Johnson when he was with Michigan, even after the Jillson issue Broduer mentioned.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I wouldn't rule it out completely (although I fully expect the Kings to do better and not be anywhere near a spot to take Werenski). I thought Jacob Trouba did a lot of freelancing during his one year at Michigan and he's been more than solid in Winnipeg.

I think part of DL's outburst/frustration was how most people thought Jack Johnson was going to be a dominant force right out of the gate. Even at that point, I seem to recall that DL was cautioning fans that there would be an adjustment period.

Werenski's looked great as a freshman (he accelerated for early entry as well), but can still be overly aggressive from the handful of games I've seen this season. Early on, I was more impressed with Werenski offensively than Hanifin, but Hanifin turned it on the last few times I've watched. Hanifin might have been playing a safer game initially since BC has some older D to lean on. Michigan has a weaker D and Werenski got big minutes right away.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Not sure if directed me since I pushed Hanifin but I'm not looking at getting Doughty a partner. I have been very impressed with Hanifin and think he'd be the best player on the board after the top two kids go. I think he was the best skater on the US WJC team, even better than Eichel (and to clarify, yes, I'd still draft Eichel over Hanifin).

I wouldn't say absolutely not. DL did trade for Jack Johnson when he was with Michigan, even after the Jillson issue Broduer mentioned.

Nah, more of a general statement.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Seeing how the Kings are in position to be a lottery team (currently the 10th worst team in the league as of 2/5), it's appropriate that we start focusing on the upcoming 2015 NHL Entry Draft and who might be available at the #10 range.

NHL Central Scouting Mid-Term Rankings:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=749385

ISS Top 30 Rankings:
http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/

Other Scouting Service Rankings:
http://www.mynhldraft.com/2015-draft/prospect-rankings/

Bob McKenzie Top 15 Prospect Rankings:
http://www.tsn.ca/teen-titans-mcdavid-eichel-top-mckenzie-s-draft-ranking-1.83478

Seems like old times.

Mike Carr

Jul 19, 2012
almost getting time to hope we lose - we either need to make the playoffs or continue to suck - if we get to pick around 8 we should get a real good player - and have an outside lottery chance.
if we don't start winning maybe Kopitar and Brown etc need to get an injury and we can try out the Manchester top kids who may make the roster next season.
Maybe another 15 games go by and we will know if playoffs are possible or not - don't finish 9th in Pacific and 17th overall

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I'm Czech, hence my dream is Zacha.

Otherwise I'm not saying hat we need a D partner for Doughty but we could use a D if the Voynov farce results in him never coming back. Regehr is old and a pending UFA, Mitchell left last year. That'd be 50% of the Stanley Cup defense gone. Hence, someone like Kylington, Werenski or Provorov may not be bad.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
This is when I started giving commentary. Again, sorry for it being horrible. I'm more of a writer than a speaker ;)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I'm working on a video for Noah Juulsen. Hopefully it will be up by tomorrow. After that, I'm going to stop doing commentary for a while, just so I can provide more videos on some prospects.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
So is it consensus on this board for whether we should buy or sell at the deadline? Unless we go on some amazing win streak, i think we might as well just get something for our UFA's while we can.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
So is it consensus on this board for whether we should buy or sell at the deadline? Unless we go on some amazing win streak, i think we might as well just get something for our UFA's while we can.

We're three points out of the playoffs and have 30 games left in the season. Could make that up in a weekend.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
We're three points out of the playoffs and have 30 games left in the season. Could make that up in a weekend.

We're three points out battling with 5 other teams for two spots and i'm pretty sure none of them are as horrible on the road as we are. I'm obviously expecting the worst case scenario, and i'm also going against everything this team has proven, but at some point they will break. Looks more like it than ever.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
We're three points out battling with 5 other teams for two spots and i'm pretty sure none of them are as horrible on the road as we are. I'm obviously expecting the worst case scenario, and i'm also going against everything this team has proven, but at some point they will break. Looks more like it than ever.

The same thing can be said of the teams we are battling with. Even if they are better on the road, they are obviously worse at home or they would be well ahead of us. Everyone that's around us has a flaw, someone will get in and I'd give more than fair odds to a team that has a history of winning when they have to.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut

Still too early to say. But the next 3 weeks may decide what the Kings do. After losing 3 straight I'm thinking sell. But then we go into Tampa with best record in the league and we soundly beat them in their own building, and I'm thinking, not so fast. Come March and April the Kings could have both Voynov and Pearson back and whomever they add at the deadline. They could be looking like a very different team. But if they're like.... 6-7 points out come deadline time, then I think they should really consider selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad