Prospect Info: 2015 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Plot twist, we acquire a high first for williams as that team falls out, we win the cup, still draft McDavid.

/puts down the glass

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
We really should go after those great D men. Kylington is a terrific offensive defenseman that we could use; a 16 year old defenseman in the SHL is phenomenal. Zach Werenski is also a good puck moving defenseman.
According to Mckenzie, Nicholas Roy looks pretty good too, RW and good puck possession. Replacment for Williams.

The Kings need to look for a future replacement to Kopitar and/or Carter than they need to look for a D man.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Kings need to look for a future replacement to Kopitar and/or Carter than they need to look for a D man.

Kempe may possibly have that type of potential. The Kings may have to luck out though or have some pretty bad years in order to be in a position to draft a talent like another Kopitar or Carter.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Kempe may possibly have that type of potential. The Kings may have to luck out though or have some pretty bad years in order to be in a position to draft a talent like another Kopitar or Carter.

I like Kempe but offensively he's at best Jozef Stumpel. He's not as good as either player.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
As much as I love him, you guys are absolutely delusional if you think Zach Werenski is even on the Kings list.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
As much as I love him, you guys are absolutely delusional if you think Zach Werenski is even on the Kings list.

Short of maybe McDavid and Eichel, everyone is on the Kings lists. Plenty of cases of supposedly locks for a top 5 pick falling, ask Cam Fowler.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Short of maybe McDavid and Eichel, everyone is on the Kings lists. Plenty of cases of supposedly locks for a top 5 pick falling, ask Cam Fowler.

It has absolutely nothing to do with his projected draft slot.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
I doubt that a player like Werenski isn't on our radar on some level. The same things were said about other players in our system over the years so I wouldn't say that anything is impossible or that anyone is being delusional.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014

Well, I'm assuming Kopitar is going to stay and continue to produce until his mid-30's, so there is quite a while before we are in need of a replacement. I actually don't know how we will be able to draft another Kopitar unless we continue to suck. Replacing Carter is important, but getting a second line centre can be done with low picks (Stepan, Richards, Kesler to name a few) so I think, as a playoff team, we can get one in the near future. This year's defensemen seem to be very good so we should take advantage, especially with an expected high pick. We could use another top-4 or maybe even top-2 in the near future.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Committed? He's playing there...meaning yes.

Committed as in staying there, but anyhow, he's having a hell of a year there and I don't think where he's playing will scare Lombardi away from drafting him.

Hasn't scared his scouting staff from drafting Russians.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Committed as in staying there, but anyhow, he's having a hell of a year there and I don't think where he's playing will scare Lombardi away from drafting him.

Hasn't scared his scouting staff from drafting Russians.

Because Red Berenson doesn't coach in Russia.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Because Red Berenson doesn't coach in Russia.

The London Knights did draft him in the OHL Priority Draft... and Lombardi has convinced two prior prospects who were committed (other was still playing) to leave Michigan, those two being Trevor Lewis and Robbie Czarnik.

Captain Mittens*

On draft day, I will have one beer for each spot under 30 that the Kings draft pick is.
Either way, I win

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
On draft day, I will have one beer for each spot under 30 that the Kings draft pick is.
Either way, I win

Come drink with me, the beers better up here

First round is on me!

s-levi-bttle.png

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm a big fan of Provorov. Roy would be a good fit, too.

I've made several shift by shift videos of the draft for this year. I made them last year after the Kings draft, but made them preemtively this year.

I will link them all later on this thread when I have access to my computer. You can look up HockeyPwns on youtube.

Go easy on the commentary ones though ;) I'm not good with a mic and am pretty nervous with them. Still trying to improve on them.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'm a big fan of Provorov. Roy would be a good fit, too.

I've made several shift by shift videos of the draft for this year. I made them last year after the Kings draft, but made them preemtively this year.

I will link them all later on this thread when I have access to my computer. You can look up HockeyPwns on youtube.

Go easy on the commentary ones though ;) I'm not good with a mic and am pretty nervous with them. Still trying to improve on them.

Great work man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad