2015 Draft Thread: McEichel Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
If you are talking about the move to one and think it would take Reinhart who do you value more him or Risto. Just curious as an Oil fan as if we were at 1 and you were at 2 I would hands down accept 2+Risto for 1 and might even add on our side.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If you are talking about the move to one and think it would take Reinhart who do you value more him or Risto. Just curious as an Oil fan as if we were at 1 and you were at 2 I would hands down accept 2+Risto for 1 and might even add on our side.

I would gladly sprint up to the podium and select Jack Eichel with the number 2 pick.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I would gladly sprint up to the podium and select Jack Eichel with the number 2 pick.

Thought so just chimed in since I wasn't sure and the only player the Oil would really look at on your team is Risto as we lack RD but are stacked at LD, wing, and centre in the hypothetical case where we end up with McEichel, RNH, and Draisaitl.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Hypothetical scenario: Sabres finish 30th with the Coyotes in 29th. Sabres win the draft lottery. Maloney calls Murray and offers the 2nd pick and OEL for #1. If you're Murray what do you do?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Hypothetical scenario: Sabres finish 30th with the Coyotes in 29th. Sabres win the draft lottery. Maloney calls Murray and offers the 2nd pick and OEL for #1. If you're Murray what do you do?

I say yes, then run to the podium to select Jack Eichel.

I honestly don't even find it semi realistic.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

If Eichel is that good. Saying yes would probably put the sabres in the playoffs the next year.

Deleted member 27798

IMO there is a lack of "high-end" offensive players on the team and in the pipeline. Would anyone be upset if the Sabres ended up picking 3rd, that they drafted Strome or Marner instead of Hanifan?

ZeroPT*

yes. OEL is a top 10 D-man in this league and is bordering on the top 5. OEL gives us arguably the best young core in the league. Just think about this in like 4 years:

Some guy-Eichel-Ennis
Kane-Reinhart-Girgensons
Foligno-Larsson-Fasching

OEL-Ristolainen
Zadorov-Bogosian
McCabe-Pysyk

oh jesus christ I need new pants

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Bass and Mac - Steve Simmons - Toronto Sun - TorontoSun.com - Sunday, March 15

"That was beginning of the relationship between McDavid, the hockey prodigy, and Bassin, the senior citizen and junior hockey lifer. Now they're just Mac and Bass. The arena traveling show. Best friends forever, as kids are apt to say, even with 57 years in age between them."

Erie Otters Newsletter - In case you missed it, Sherry Bassin and Connor McDavid were featured in this Sunday's Toronto Sun.
Steve Simmons, columnist for Sun Media, featured the special relationship between the owner and junior hockey's best player.

Take five-ten minutes and enjoy some evening reading by clicking on the following link - http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/14/the-old-man-and-the-kid

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/031815aaa.html

Freshman center Jack Eichel of the Boston University men's ice hockey team was a unanimous selection to the 2014-15 Hockey East Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team and earned two other year-end awards, as announced by the league office on Wednesday.

Eichel was the league's Squad Locker Scoring Champion and Army ROTC Three Stars Award winner. He totaled 44 points (14g, 30a) in 22 conference games, becoming the first player in 16 years to average two points per game in Hockey East play.

Joining Eichel on the All-Rookie Team were Boston College defenseman Noah Hanafin, who was another unanimous selection, Notre Dame goaltender Cal Petersen, UMass defenseman Brandon Montour, BC forward Alex Tuch and UMass Lowell forward C.J. Smith.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
#Oilers really like Hanifin. Oil will likely draft 3 or 4. Sabres, Leafs and Coyotes would all take Strome over Hanifin.

How the heck does this guy know who these teams would take, is he credible?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Thanks. Interesting. Also interesting to see Button drop Hanifin so much. I haven't give Strome much thought...but I guess I could be made to see the light.

I am basically down to those 4 guys, I like Marner but I have no interest in taking a W with this high of a pick when a big talented C and a D like Hanifin is available.

Basically every big skilled C drafted in the top 5 has turned into a stud in the last decade.

The only place you can really find big top line C is in the top 5 end of the draft.

Last edited:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I've gotta believe Strome will be the pick if we should end up choosing in that place we don't talk about. Hanifin is a great player but we need the elite center so much more.

Pray for losses. Ten of them. Consecutively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad