2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Didn't really like to see this (picture is of Eichel after he lost - he favorited the jealousy tweet)

ZOFW8kP.png

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I'm so conflicted. I love Eichel already because that is almost assuredly who we will get... But damn. McDavid here would be nuts. Hopefully we win the lottery. If not us then Boston. I can actually see Boston willing to trade down to 2 and not demand a bounty. I'd gladly move Zads,21,31 and Grigs to get McDavid if Boston is deadset on the home town boy yet has to save face by not taking him over McDavid.

And I am getting so sick of the Giroux/insert star but not superstar 70-75 point forward is worth more then Eichel. Remember when we offered Vanek+ right after his 84 point sophomore season to Chicago for #1/Kane and they said no? That puts to rest all that ********. Eichel is going to be far better then Giroux/Hall etc.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
ya, eichel is clearly lobbying to get picked by the bills instead

Look, I Eichel is great at hockey. No doubt about that. All I'm saying is that I don't like the fact that somebody called him his childhood bully - and he's clearly not matured too much since then if he's going to chalk it up to "jealousy".

Bullying might help him on the ice, who knows. I just hate bullying in any form and I really don't think that kid has any motivation to make that stuff up.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Look, I Eichel is great at hockey. No doubt about that. All I'm saying is that I don't like the fact that somebody called him his childhood bully - and he's clearly not matured too much since then if he's going to chalk it up to "jealousy".

Bullying might help him on the ice, who knows. I just hate bullying in any form and I really don't think that kid has any motivation to make that stuff up.

I think I need to take a break from these forums for a while, some of this stuff is getting ridiculous. Maybe I'll come back after the summer when there's actually hockey to talk about. :laugh:

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
to be fair, even if eichel was a huge bully to that guy when they were kids, taking a jab at him publicly on twitter immediately following what was probably one of the most disappointing moments of his life isn't exactly taking the high road

it's nothing

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I wouldn't read too much into that tweet

The guy tweeted it was a joke right after that tweet, seems kind of shady to me

If you look at it right after that he says "he did but I don't care"

Obviously he cared a little bit though...

SwordsUp

Apr 10, 2015
Pegulaville, NY
Do you guys think there are any legs to the rumor that he does not want to come here? Makes me nervous, but I am admittedly a scarred Buffalo sports fan who sometimes assumes the worst.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Listening to schopp and Bulldog talk about potential trades from 2 up to 1 is terrifying. Put me on the record of perfectly happy with Eicehl

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Do you guys think there are any legs to the rumor that he does not want to come here? Makes me nervous, but I am admittedly a scarred Buffalo sports fan who sometimes assumes the worst.

I don't give it any validity. Even if I did, I wouldn't worry about it at this point. Offhand I can't think of an elite prospect who forced his way off a team since Lindros. What's he going to do, play three more years in college?

theformat04

Mar 26, 2015
We don't even have the nice thing we spent two years trying to get and people are already saying it's broken.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Listening to schopp and Bulldog talk about potential trades from 2 up to 1 is terrifying. Put me on the record of perfectly happy with Eicehl

Me too. I wouldn't trade much to move up. Not Grigs + 2 picks.

However, I like Eichel. If arizona pushed hard for mcdavid, I'd be listening. But I doubt they even have anything of interests. So, wherever we land, we are drafting.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Me too. I wouldn't trade much to move up. Not Grigs + 2 picks.

However, I like Eichel. If arizona pushed hard for mcdavid, I'd be listening. But I doubt they even have anything of interests. So, wherever we land, we are drafting.

OEL + their 2016 pick I'd take

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

But all he did was Favorite something from Twitter(which shouldn't be taken too seriously in the first place) that SOMEONE else posted that DEFENDED him(Eichel). We don't know the context of the bullying comment other than they knew each other from their childhood.

Plus reading the guys other tweets, he doesn't paint a picture of someone who hasn't had their share of bullying others himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad