2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Johnson*

And 15 years ago when Buffalo refused to pay Mike Peca they got a reputation of being cheap and players didn't want to play here. Sorry your personal feelings get in the way but for ANY reason Buffalo has not been a place players want to come to for WHATEVER reason.

I have been a Buffalo fan long enough and heard enough shots at the Buffalo Sabres to know they have a reputation as a place players dont want to play.

but really this thread is about Eichel.

Haha..... 3 owners ago? Really?

No offense man, but you're pretty off on all your "hot takes"

Bps21*

72 hours from now we will be able to move on to talking about who to draft with our other picks (until Murray trades them) as our first pick will be decided.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
72 hours from now we will be able to move on to talking about who to draft with our other picks (until Murray trades them) as our first pick will be decided.

I'm ready now. There's no use debating the first pick. It's one of two great players.

If we pick at 20, is it wing or D? I really like Sprong there.

ZeroPT*

if we use the Isles pick for drafting I'm going to be shocked. Everything Murray has said indicates he'll trade it.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I think there's .001% chance Eichel would demand not playing here.

Lemieux supposedly didn't hate Buffalo, he had his head in the clouds about playing in the NHL or whatever.

You have to go back to the old days when this team oddly avoided Russians and such, and those players had a legit reason to never want to come here.

I hate Buffalo and think it's a cesspool of torture and sadness, but if I was drafted here, I'd show up and do my job. The team wanted me and drafted me, lets get it done. I'd probably bolt when free agency came, but whatever.

Bps21*

Given the cap situation of some teams I find it likely he finds a taker.

I'm all for trading it. I want the team improved so fast that the people that are mad about our tank double their anger at how quickly we show we aren't Edmonton. (no offense to Edmonton...I feel for their fans...that management situation is...I feel for Edmonton).

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
You have to go back to the old days when this team oddly avoided Russians and such, and those players had a legit reason to never want to come here.

I want to make a crack about Artem Kryukov, but there wasn't a whole lot worth complaining about not getting in that draft.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I'm not sure if you guys knew these facts or put them in perspective. But Eichel is a genetic freak. I've been powerlifting/bodybuilding for nearly 3 1/2 years and just came across these stats.

"On the latest round of strength testing, he front-squatted 320 pounds, cleaned 335 pounds, had a close-grip bench press of 250 pounds, a pull-up max of 25 reps, and body fat percentage of 6.3 percent."

These lifts are absolutely insane for a 17-18 year old. I've deadlifted 520 lbs, benched over 300, and squatted 400 before I hurt my hips. But I am also 27 years old and weigh 200 lbs. If you watch Eichels stride and power his potential is virtually limitless. If I tried to front squat 320 my legs would collapse. I am so pumped to see him play for us.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...spect-jack-eichel-boston-university-lava-lamp

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I'm not sure if you guys knew these facts or put them in perspective. But Eichel is a genetic freak. I've been powerlifting/bodybuilding for nearly 3 1/2 years and just came across these stats.

"On the latest round of strength testing, he front-squatted 320 pounds, cleaned 335 pounds, had a close-grip bench press of 250 pounds, a pull-up max of 25 reps, and body fat percentage of 6.3 percent."

These lifts are absolutely insane for a 17-18 year old. I've deadlifted 520 lbs, benched over 300, and squatted 400 before I hurt my hips. But I am also 27 years old and weigh 200 lbs. If you watch Eichels stride and power his potential is virtually limitless. If I tried to front squat 320 my legs would collapse. I am so pumped to see him play for us.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...spect-jack-eichel-boston-university-lava-lamp

But how many pull ups can he do?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
a pull-up max of 25 reps

I think Sam Bennett just wet his pants a little.

Those numbers are insane for an 18yo. I can't wait to see what he does at the combine...probably blows everyone away at nearly everything.

Makes the lottery matter a little less tonight, thanks for that.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I think Sam Bennett just wet his pants a little.

Those numbers are insane for an 18yo. I can't wait to see what he does at the combine...probably blows everyone away at nearly everything.

Makes the lottery matter a little less tonight, thanks for that.

Those numbers are insane for a 18 year old powerlifter. I couldn't believe these are real. I want Eichel on this team. Imagine Eichel at 22-26 once he fills out. The guy will have more power in his legs than anyone in the NHL. 2-3 strides to get across the entire ice. :laugh:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Those numbers are insane for a 18 year old powerlifter. I couldn't believe these are real. I want Eichel on this team. Imagine Eichel at 22-26 once he fills out. The guy will have more power in his legs than anyone in the NHL. 2-3 strides to get across the entire ice. :laugh:

That's what I mean...I powerlifted in high school during football training, and no one in our program was anywhere near those numbers. I saw a guy squat four plates (405) exactly once the entire time I was competing, and he was over 300 pounds himself. For an 18yo hockey player to be doing that is beyond belief. I doubt some of the men in Gary Roberts' program can touch those results.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Here is a good clip showing his stride and explosion. Would be the best skater the Sabres have ever had. This would also be the case if we got McDavid. Feels good man!

Broken Glass

Mr. Hobey Baker
Dec 6, 2013
Buffalo

Wow, that's unreal. Saturday's going to be exciting.

Bps21*

Pfft...you think those numbers are something...E Kane can do pushups with fat stacks on his back weighing him down.

Actually Kane is a workout freak too so hopefully they bond over their shared interest in being physical freaks of nature were we to draft him.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
if we use the Isles pick for drafting I'm going to be shocked. Everything Murray has said indicates he'll trade it.

Yes. If he is seriously after Babcock, he has to make big splashes during the off-season. Mike Babcock sure as hell will demand greatly improved roster if he is coming. Nothing contender caliber, but he's not coming to a team who is a bottom-feeder by default. And him if someone needs competent centers.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
my jerseys came in haha. Cant wait for saturday (and hopefully 97, so i can change this 9 to Kane)

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Dang, that makes me feel much better about potentially losing the lotto

We're getting one of McDavid or Eichel guys

NLeAPvg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad