2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Imagine if Murray calls Eichel up on stage when we select him #2 overall, pulls the Sabres 15 jersey on over his head, and GMTM or someone else, hands him an empty can of bud light. He holds it in one hand, gives thumbs up with the other, and says, I've come for you, Buffalo!

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Without thinking much about it, I'd pull the trigger on that.

Yea, I think you'd have to be a moron not to take that. A high 2016 1st and an elite defensemen? Our D corps would be absurd, and we could have two lottery picks next year. (not that I'd want our pick to be in the lottery, I just think there is a good possibility of it)

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Crazy to think the future leaders of this team, Eichel, Kane, Girgensons, Ristolainen, and Bogosian are all work out warriors. Nice to have your best players be the hardest working in the weight room. I'm sure others also get it done in the weight room. Larsson seems to be in great physical condition. Foligno as well.

Reinhart will surely follow their lead.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Imagine if Murray calls Eichel up on stage when we select him #2 overall, pulls the Sabres 15 jersey on over his head, and GMTM or someone else, hands him an empty can of bud light. He holds it in one hand, gives thumbs up with the other, and says, I've come for you, Buffalo!

Maybe he'd ask for a Coors Light cause Bud Light aint payin him sqwaaat.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Then he does a wink as the circular vignette effect closes in on his face like in Looney Tunes.

Hipcheck13

Jul 26, 2014
NY
Then he does a wink as the circular vignette effect closes in on his face like in Looney Tunes.

They played Jurassic Park music last year, they could play the Looney Tunes music after each player makes his way up to the stage this year.

ZeroPT*

Crazy to think the future leaders of this team, Eichel, Kane, Girgensons, Ristolainen, and Bogosian are all work out warriors. Nice to have your best players be the hardest working in the weight room. I'm sure others also get it done in the weight room. Larsson seems to be in great physical condition. Foligno as well.

Reinhart will surely follow their lead.

And I don't think it's anything major in terms of work ethic with Reinhart. He was so much smarter than other players that he never needed to be blazing fast and strong as hell. Now he needs to adjust. I'm thinking that if he's in the league next year he can have a rookie season like Barkov did and then he can steadily elevate to a 60 point two-way monster.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
But all he did was Favorite something from Twitter(which shouldn't be taken too seriously in the first place) that SOMEONE else posted that DEFENDED him(Eichel). We don't know the context of the bullying comment other than they knew each other from their childhood.

Plus reading the guys other tweets, he doesn't paint a picture of someone who hasn't had their share of bullying others himself.

Okay, you can defend him all you want. Still a d-bag move to me. Doesn't mean I don't want us to draft him, or that he's not a great player - just probably a jerk.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
isn't it crazy that in 2 days we'll know whether we have McDavid or Eichel ? It's been a long time coming.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Okay, you can defend him all you want. Still a d-bag move to me. Doesn't mean I don't want us to draft him, or that he's not a great player - just probably a jerk.
Lots of people were bullies when they were kids and turned out fine. Even if it's true, it doesn't mean he's a jerk.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Lots of people were bullies when they were kids and turned out fine. Even if it's true, it doesn't mean he's a jerk.

Yeah. The kid said childhood bully. Were talking middle school at the latest. Do we think Eichel is the first NHLer who was a little schoolyard punk.

Although I've heard he's a chirpy little ..... on the ice, which is alright.

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
Yeah. The kid said childhood bully. Were talking middle school at the latest. Do we think Eichel is the first NHLer who was a little schoolyard punk.

Although I've heard he's a chirpy little ..... on the ice, which is alright.

I've heard horrible stories of Corey Perry being a d-bag when he was in high school, much worse than your average childhood bully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad